No one can deny that owning a car is a state of ups and downs. You have the comfort of your privacy and autonomy (everyone knows how hateful it is to have to take the bus at least once in your life), but in big cities it is a real nuisance accompanied by traffic and the constant worry that it will fail us somewhere. moment.
Even so, it cannot be denied that each owner adores their vehicle as if it were a son, and that if something happens to it, you could die instantly. So, like a son, we must be aware of the documents that you need to have up to date and confirm their status from time to time It is not like this?
No one can deny that this can cause headaches and we refuse to allow that.
At this time we present the necessary information so that you know how to manage your police check of a car through your form 12.
Form 12 for police verification of the vehicle
More than talking about form 12which only works as a tool for the transfer of information between the owner of the vehicle and the State institution, it seems to us that it is better that you fully understand the entire process that is carried out and under what regulations it is carried out.
Said process must follow some very important guidelines so that confusion is not generated about who or what should be done in the first place.
The police car check is one of those mandatory requirements for:
- Patent a car 0 kilometers.
- Carry out the transfer of a used car or motorcycle (whose procedure has to do with the CETA form).
- The change of engine or chassis.
- The request for identity documents.
- Among other procedures.
The necessary requirements for the process are:
- Assist with the vehicle to the verification plant.
- Original and copy of your National Identity Document, if you are Argentine or an authorized resident, your identity card from your country of origin or your passport.
- He form 12.
- If you come on behalf of a relative or similar, a letter of authorization from the true owner, signed and notarized (the latter in case he is outside the national territory).
- The identification document and ownership of the vehicle.
This form, as a verification document, is valid for 150 business days so that you can deliver it to an automotive registry.
This process must be carried out by all the people who need to request these procedures to the National Directorate of Automotive Registration and Pledge Credits:
- Those who need to request a Assignment of the Automotive Ownership Registry or the Motor Vehicle Ownership Registry.
- Those who are trying to recover a vehicle completely or partially.
- Those who wish to register a motor vehicle.
- Those who need to re-register their motor vehicle or motorcycle.
- Those who wish to make a transfer of the vehicle into the hands of another user, regardless of the legal processes that are around.
- Those looking to auction the property.
- Those who own a vehicle that was built or assembled by a factory or automotive company.
- Those who own imported vehicles.
- Those who are duels of a vehicle 0 kilometers manufactured within the national territory.
He form 12 It is filled out when attending a plant authorized by the National Directorate of the National Registries of Automotive Property and Pledge Credits. This is the only way to process the form.
These same plants have small selective registration centers where the procedure can be done, also under the permission of the DNRPA.
There you can request the document, which they usually give you to fill out right there, but in other cases it is sent to you by email of your preference, so that you can present yourself at the plant again.
In the same, You must write the following vehicle data:
- The brand.
- The type of vehicle.
- The model of the vehicle.
- The brand of the engine.
- The engine number.
- The brand of the chassis.
- The chassis number.
- Some observation.
- The date and place where the process is carried out.
- The applicant’s personal data (names and surnames, number and type of document and the applicant’s address).
Since each province has different verification plants, we will give you a look at those that are awarded to the Buenos aires city:
- La Plata, located in the 160 avenue between 519 and 520whose business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- La Matanza, located in the Avenida Eva Duarte and the chinchilla Ciudad Evitawhose office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (phone: 0220 4487 0445).
- The Marcos Paz plant, in the Eva Duarte Avenue 36whose office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (phone: 0220 4771111/4439).
- The Luján plant, located in the Gamboa Avenue 1158whose opening hours are from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (phone: 02323 438572).
- Pilar, at Juarez 1216, Ramal 8, in the Km 56.5 of the Panamericanawhose office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (phone: 0230 442 6569).
- The Quilmes plant, located in the Calchaqui Avenue 545whose office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (phone: 4978 0262).
- Saint Michael, in the Avenida Arturo Illia 5003whose business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (phone: 011 2204 8860).
- The Morón plant, located in the Avenida Eva Peron 2671whose office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (phone: 4697 5121/23).
- San Martin, located in the Mendoza Avenue 6342whose office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (phone: 4513 5081/80).
- The San Isidro plant, in the Quartermaster Tomkinson 1338whose business hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (phone: 4580 4453).
- The San Vicente plant, whose address is at the Sarmiento and San Vicente avenueswhich is open between 7:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. (phone: 02225 481418/483323).
What is it for?
He form 12 meets the purpose of keep your data in an orderly and practical way so that the State can easily register it, thus avoiding errors due to not having complete information.
On the other hand, the process it accompanies, police verification, is the recognition process of the numbering and type of the engines and chassis of all vehicles belonging to an Argentine citizen.
This information, provided by the owner of the automobile or motor vehicleallows these records to be used by the federal and provincial police, always authorized by each plant and more importantly by the National Directorate of Automotive Registration and Pledge Credits.
The judicial system, in this way, can investigate from kidnappings to robberies through this process. Thus, police processes can be streamlined and greater efficiency in the recovery of stolen goods can be ensured.
It also has use when a foreigner requests a DNI for his residence in the territory.
And finally, it is a mandatory document for any Argentine or resident who wishes to make a transfer of a vehicle to another individual.
The purchase and filling of the form 12 has a cost of approx. 400 Argentine pesos, depending on the locality where the process is carried out.
This added to the fees corresponding to the police verification process of the vehicle, in general, can be somewhat expensive.
The fee for the procedure varies greatly from province to province, but the most general, the one used in Buenos Aires has an amount, each depending on the type of vehicle.
If the vehicle is a car, truck, among others, the payment of tariffs corresponds to 1,202 Argentine pesos.
If, on the other hand, the vehicle is a motorcycle or similar, the amount becomes 514 Argentine pesos.
How is the verification process?
As complicated as it may seem, the appropriate procedure to get your police car check It is a process that only takes one or two trips to one of the plants designated for the process and having your corresponding documents up to date.
Here we show you a short series of steps through which you will get your verification:
- You must approach an automotive sectional registry or one of the plants mentioned above or that correspond to you so that the process can be supervised. Arrive early as they are usually served on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Fill out and submit the forms and requirements. All these together prove to the institution the veracity of the vehicle data and yours as applicant, so that you can register the vehicle correctly.
- This includes above all form 12delivered in the same place by the National Registry of Automotive Propertyyour identity document, and the rest that we mentioned above.
- Once the section of Property Registry anddeliver the form 12you must return to the floor where you are treated to have the document signed and sealed.
- At that time it is available so that it can be seen in the Sectional Records of the National Directorate of Automotive Registration and Pledge Credits.
- As long as no error or observation occurs in the process, your police car check and you form 12 within 24 to 48 hours in person or by email.
You can also carry out the process by entering the web page dedicated to this by clicking here.
- press «New» to start the process.
- choose your case of the following six options:
- Select the province in which you carry out the procedure, the vehicle license plate and press the small box that confirms everything.
- Depending on the case data may varysuch as requesting the chassis number or the type and number of the certificate.
- Enter your personal data and a contact email.
- Ready! It only remains for you to present yourself with your requirements at the plant that corresponds to you.
With all of the above established, we sincerely hope that we have saved you a headache by explaining this whole (easier than you might think) procedure.
Tell us What are you waiting for to get your form 12 for the police verification of your car?
Related articles that may interest you