Knowing how to import a product into the country can open up a huge field of possibilities for your business or it will particularly help you to have access to products that are not marketed in Argentina, to know which are the Requirements to import into Argentina 2018 Keep reading and we will clarify all the points regarding this topic.
Requirements to import into Argentina
natural persons, As a sole proprietorship, to act as an importer it is essential to register in the Register of Importers and Exporters of the General Directorate of Customs (DGA). The required requirements are as follows:
- Possess the capacity to carry out trade on their own account and be registered as a merchant in the Public Registry of Commerce dependent on the General Inspectorate of Justice, dependent on the Ministry of Justice.
- Demonstrate registration in the General Tax Directorate, under the Federal Administration of Public Revenues, an autonomous entity within the scope of the Ministry of Economy, through the Unique Tax Identification Code.
- Endorse authentic residence and establish a special domicile in the country.
- Authenticate the necessary capacity and transfer in favor of the General Directorate of Customs under the Federal Administration of Public Revenues a certificate, in accordance and as determined by the laws, in security of loyal compliance with the rules.
legal persons, To act as an importer it is essential to register in the Register of Importers and Exporters of the DGA.
The points to consider are as follows:
- It must be part of the Public Registry of Commerce.
- Validate the registration in the General Tax Directorate, through the Single Tax Identification Code.
- Validate the address of the registered office and establish the special residence in the country.
According to the requirements, in the first instance, it can be taken into account that they are not difficult to meet, since, for example, the registration with the AFIP, for which the CUIT is obtained, can proceed to be registered as responsible or as a monotributista for the performance of some actions in the field.
Part of the requirement that may develop some type of obstacle is accredited to the required solvency or obtaining a guarantee from the AFIP.
The bond required of importers is that they must validate through their gross sales for an amount not less than three hundred thousand pesos ($300,000) in the immediately preceding calendar year or through a net worth of equal value, payment that is made through of the sworn proclamations of the VAT and/or the Income Tax.
In this way, the Monotributistas, the entities detailed in article 28 of RG 1815, occasional importers and exporters, the National State, the provinces and municipalities, as well as the dependencies of the national public administration, are exempted from validating economic solvency. provincial or municipal, decentralized entities, including national companies and state companies.
How to import in Argentina
- Establish the supplier abroad and finalize the purchase:
Once the market test has been completed and the decision to import an item or product has been made, contact must be established with companies abroad that are capable of supplying it.
In such a way it can be reached, using support tools such as email and the Internet.
Commonly, the international purchase-sale agreement is specified through a «Purchase Order», in which the «Quotation» of the supplying company is explanatoryly accepted.
Merchandise purchases may be necessary to fully occupy a container, or part of it, since the companies in charge of carrying out international merchandise freight have different containers to transport merchandise from different importers.
It is in this way that companies that are just beginning in foreign trade come together and form a single group to rent a viable container for all.
- Locate a Customs dispatcher: The customs broker is the licensee required to carry out the import, because with respect to art. 33 of the General Customs Law, customs personnel is the only one regulated by the Ministry of Finance to offer customs services to third parties. In this way, they will be the one who will advise in relation to the import duties that are payable according to the type of merchandise that you want to import into the country, evaluating the effectiveness of the operation.
- Import Customs Declaration: In the event that it is necessary, the customs agent must establish said declaration and must present it to the Customs of Jurisdiction where the merchandise awaits to be processed.
- Customs Registration: In order to be able to carry out the import, it is a requirement to request registration as an importer before the General Directorate of Customs. Said registration is free of charge and takes approximately 15 days, depending on when the corresponding application is submitted. This registration will only need to be done once.
- Make effective the payment of the merchandise to be imported: The letter of credit is commonly used as a means of payment. In this way, compliance with the terms agreed between the parties is ensured. For this reason, the buyer must make the payment with a bank in his place, which is called the Issuing Bank.
Said issuer would notify its correspondent abroad to notify the provider of the application of an open letter of credit in its favor.
- Dispatch to square: It is essential to understand that the shipment of the imported product may take between 20 and 25 days. When the product arrives at the port of Argentina, the agent that dispatches the shipment will inform the client of the amount that must be transferred to the State, through the General Directorate of Customs, based on import duties.
- Hiring of Freight: As soon as the merchandise is available through Customs, the merchandise may be removed by means of a transport which will transfer it to the buyer’s business.
How to import into Argentina without being an importer
For those who are not regular importers, it is also possible to import certain products. This procedure can be done by hiring a customs agent and with a company that is in charge of the importation, especially if what is being handled is the start of a business, or one without much volume of income.
There are alternatives to import merchandise without having to establish an inscription in the registry. But for this purpose you must have a very strict plan of what must be done:
- Have a detailed report of the price and any aspect of the product that you want to import, such as the currency in which it will be paid, price, amount Y source.
- Gross weight of the product already packed and ready for shipment, with its corresponding volume and which packaging option is most feasible for the transfer
- Be clear about the extra cost of the tariff as well as whether the type of merchandise is subject to a tax that will be required when sending it, because any unforeseen event will increase the total price of the product disproportionately.
- Clarify the terms in the alleged condition of whether the product have any import restrictions or if it were the case of needing a special permit as required.
- Know if the product to be imported is exported from a country with a current diplomatic agreement with Argentina. As it is in the case of the countries belonging to Mercosur that have an advantage in this particular case.
- Perform the IF MY (Integral Import Monitoring System), before the AFIP. This must be carried out by a customs agent, and then be issued with the authorization of the Secretary of Commerce.
- Finally, check the logistics that will be established to transport the product, in accordance with those involved in the transfer, all this is part of and is a direct influence of the final price.
Import costs in Argentina
These prices vary depending on the services to which you go, which importer option you choose and what you are going to import.
There are some on the net import companies that can help you give you an idea of the approximate cost of the import you want to do, according to what you want to import.
Import companies that facilitate the process
There are ways that small and medium-sized businesses currently use. With the objective of making the development of imports easier. This system consists of companies in charge of importing products in an associative way or in a group of buyers.
It is because several people will make a large wholesale purchase, for what they require daily, and in this way they then distribute the purchase.
According to this case of imports, it is not common for a single buyer to fully fill a shipping container, but multiple buyers can. Therefore, in the form of associative purchase, it is much easier to import, and much more financially accessible, since the high shipping costs are broken down.
Actually, there are companies of this type that include in their program the delivery of the requested products as if it were a door-to-door service.
Below we will list a series of companies that facilitate importation in Argentina:
Cordoba Office PCS – Argentina
Belgrano 180 – PB “C” – X5000FJJ – Córdoba – Argentina
Autonomous City of Buenos Aires Office – PCS Argentina & MW Logistics
Moreno 1257 4th floor C1091AAY – Autonomous City of Buenos Aires – Argentina
Gral. Deheza Office, Córdoba – PCS Argentina
General Paz 89 – Office 308 – General Deheza Gallery – X5923DDA – General Deheza – Córdoba – Argentina
Catamarca Office – Catamarca – PCS Argentina
Vicario Segura 546 – Office 1 – K4700EBK – San Fernando del Valle de Catamarca – Argentina
Argentine import taxes
Tariffs will be linked to what you decide to import, for average products, except for agricultural products, within Mercosur these imports will be free of tariffs.
On the other hand, for average imports referring to countries that do not belong to Mercosur, the average rate is between 5% and 14% percent.
Among the most expensive products to which the tax is applied are textile and agri-food products.
These are the basics of the Requirements to import into Argentina 2018 If you want to import a product as a company or ordinary person, find out well, we hope this information will be very helpful to you.
Related articles that may interest you