If you want to develop your business, outside of Argentina and by chance that impulse is in Brazil, or if you are a student who has been awarded a scholarship in Brazil, or a simple tourist who wants to taste the tropical characteristics of Brazil the Requirements to travel to Brazil which we develop here will be very useful to you.
Requirements to travel to Brazil from Argentina
Next we will break down the necessary requirements to travel to Brazil in different conditions:
travel as a tourist
As a tourist, Argentines who want to travel to Brazil have a comfort, which is that Argentina and Brazil are part of the Mercosur international diplomatic treaty, which facilitates some characteristics between the relations of these countries and this is no exception.
Thanks to this, Argentines can enter Brazil as a tourist for 90 continuous days, which they can choose to request an extension of the same number of days, (with a limit of 180 days per year) only with their National Identity Documents. , if you require a passport or any other identification document, however it is recommended that it be in perfect condition and updated.
Although for greater security travelers prefer to carry their passport with them in the same way.
At present, the MINSAL (Brazilian Ministry of Health) does not require any type of vaccination for tourists who decide to visit the country. However, it is advised to have the yellow fever vaccine in people older than nine months of age.
If you as a tourist want to enter the country with a vehicle, you must meet these requirements:
- Identification document.
- Papers that qualify you as a tourist.
- If it happens that the owner is not the one who drives, normally the Blue Card would be requested but particularly for Argentines it will not be requested, but the green card is required.
If the driver turns out to be the spouse or a relative of the owner up to the second degree, the authorization will not be required, but that family link must be verified with some documentation.
- Title or official vehicle ownership document (original).
- Guarantee of an insurance in force in Mercosur issued by the country of origin.
- The car must be registered in the National Directorate of the National Registries of Automotive Property and Pledge Credits
To settle in Brazil as a student, you need a visa, for which the following conditions must be met:
It must be arranged in advance at the embassy or consulate of Brazil in Argentina. In most cases, the application process takes approximately 2-3 months.
When you are in Brazil, you have to sign up in the Federal police within 30 days of entering the country.
Requirements to apply for said visa:
- Valid passport or that at least 6 months remain.
- form petition (Order in progress) by with duplicate.
- 2 passport size photographs as a minimum requirement.
- Police testimony of absence of criminal record, original and copy (less than 3 months old).
- Documentation that proves that you have the necessary financing for the entire extension of your stay.
- medical exams (if appropriate).
- Verification from the Educational Society in Brazil, indicating your registration and stay within the country.
- The host school institution or university must be registered in the Brazilian Ministry of Education.
- Certificate financiala verified letter from their parents or guardians may be provided in which they guarantee economic and financial support, or consequently a copy of a scholarship that has been awarded to you.
Bearing in mind that as a student you cannot perform any paid work within Brazil
travel for work
The person requesting it must provide a form completed by the company where you work, indicating the intention and length of stay of the trip.
A free transition is allowed in terms of leaving and entering the country during a stay of 90 days. This time can only be extended once, but the total stay may not exceed 180 days in a period of 1 year from the entry into Brazil.
If you want to request a visa extension, you must go to the Federal police and in this way deliver a plane ticket or a flight receipt and proof of economic solvency.
However, it is only granted if there is a contract with a Brazilian company, since they are the ones with the powers to initiate the visa extension process.
Once you have the visa and return to Brazil, you will have to show it at a Federal Police headquarters in less than 30 days from your entry into Brazil. This visa has an approximate extension of two years, extendable to another two.
This visa is aimed at those foreigners who seek to invest a large sum of money in new companies or ones that already exist in Brazil.
To opt for this visa The National Immigration Council of Brazil sets a minimum amount to invest to opt for this visa, which today amounts to a total of 150,000 reais, equivalent to 60,000 euros, but this amount is subject to variations that may consider, as the case may be.
Maximum duration: 3 years.
Visa for Technical and Maintenance Workers.
This visa is aimed at those foreigners who come to work in Brazil in technical and maintenance activities or tasks.
This does not require any link with a company in the country or with the labor market in Brazil.
How much does it cost to travel to Brazil?
Plane costs for a round trip ticket from Buenos Aires to Sao Pablo are currently around US$500.
Argentines enjoy ease of entry into Brazil by the Mercosur agreement, so if you are a tourist do not hesitate to prepare your bags, read these Requirements to travel to Brazil and embark on a journey of unforgettable experiences.
Related articles that may interest you