The Blue Certificate is known as a document that the owner of a vehicle manages to authorize a third party to circulate with it. Below we present a series of steps and requirements necessary to obtain this card.
Requirements to obtain the blue card in Argentina
The requirements that must be presented to process the Blue Card are the following:
- You must present an identity document that can be DNI, LC or LE to certify your similarity. In the event that the identity card is requested by the holder or a legal representative, a certification of legal capacity must also be presented.
- You must also complete a form issued by the registry and known as «Form 02» which must be filled out as follows: first in the «observations» section you must expose the identification number of the person authorized to drive followed by the data DNI, last name and first name of the citizen to be authorized.
- In addition, you must attach a letter with an affidavit in which you describe that the owner of the car does not release civil liability for damages that may be caused to the car. This letter must include the clear signature of the applicant.
In the event that the blue card is processed for a car that is for taxi use, the identification processed will have a stamp specifying one of the two mentioned characteristics.
Likewise, the owner or owner of the vehicle may request that the Blue Certificate be revoked at the time they wish.
Procedures to obtain the blue card
To manage this procedure, the owner or owner of the vehicle must appear at the DNRPA known as the National Directorate of Automotive Property Registries and Pledge Credits in which the car must be duly registered.
The processing process has an estimated duration of two business days, the first day to submit the requested receipts and the second day to withdraw the blue card.
After having completed the aforementioned steps, the owner of the car will have to make a payment that represents the cost of the procedure (the withdrawal of the requested identification can be done by any citizen who presents payment receipts for the established fees).
Documents to obtain the blue card
The documents necessary to obtain the Blue Card are the following:
- First you need to have the DNI (National Identity Document), if the citizen is over 75 years old, he must present LC (Civic Book) or LE (Enrolment Book)
- Complete «form 02» with the specifications in the established order.
- Sworn statement signed by the owner of the vehicle in which he is responsible for the damage that could be done to the car.
- Documentation that certifies the responsibility if it is a legal person or a proxy.
Application for blue card
The National Directorate of the Automotive Property Registry reorganized its web page in which you can now request the blue card and any other vesicular document that you need online, this was done with the purpose of facilitating the management for users and making it easier for each one of the processes of the paperwork that this public entity offers.
The request can be made by entering the page www.dnrpa.gov.arin the section «Issuance of identity card for authorized to drive», follow the steps specified there and once you make the appointment, you will be assigned a specific day and time in which you must take the necessary precautions to complete the process.
Once the car is registered on the aforementioned website, the national address facilitates the assistance of a manager in case the user or owner needs it to complete the process to obtain the blue card.
Likewise, the request for the blue card can be made directly at the offices of the DNRPA (National Directorate of Automotive Property Registries) in which an appointment will also be scheduled, the day on which the established requirements must be submitted to complete the process and Finally, you will be told the day that you will be able to pick up the requested document.
Once the blue card process is completed and the document is issued, it does not have an expiration date but it expires once the car for which this procedure was managed is sold, assigned or transferred to another citizen.
Who can apply?
The Blue Card can be requested by the owner or owner of the car, as well as a person duly authorized to carry out this procedure. In the case of a condominium, a consortium or something similar, the process can be completed by any of the associates with a document specifying that the applicant has ownership of the property.
Cost of the blue card
The cost of the procedure to obtain the Blue Card is free. If the request for an ID is made, its certification is accredited only once. The so-called «Form 02» is free if it is signed and done at that very moment before the corresponding Registry of each dependency.
What vehicle registration corresponds?
The registration in the DNRPA system (National Directorate of Automotive Property Registries) for the blue card request can be made to any vehicle in the market’s automotive fleet for private, private, taxi, remis, official or public.
Benefits of the blue card
The blue card guarantees road safety with the group, as well as the owner of the vehicle and the third person authorized to drive it, also allowing citizens who own the car to always be identified together with the good that accompanies them.
This document will allow the owner or the person who has the car in his possession to cross into a neighboring country temporarily.
In addition to the information and data provided to obtain the Blue Card in Argentina, it is necessary that you know the following aspects to take them into account if you need them:
- This document will not match or replace the issued identification card that identifies the automobile.
- You can process as many blue cards as necessary to authorize a number of people to drive the same vehicle. For example: if only one person is the owner of the car, he can authorize the use of it to the number of people he deems appropriate, so each one of those duly authorized people must manage the blue card.
- The blue card is a document that provides security to the owner and to the third person authorized to use it.
- In the event that the blue card is processed for a car that is for taxi or remis use, the identification processed will have a stamp specifying one of the two mentioned characteristics.
- Likewise, the owner or owner of the vehicle may request that the Blue Certificate be revoked at the time they wish.
Related articles that may interest you