At the moment we decide to sell or buy a vehicle we must acquire legal documentation through a series of transactions, depending on said vehicle and the type of purchase or sale, you may need a CETA certificate, if you live in Argentina, this would be what you need to know about CETA.
What is it?
CETA could be defined by its acronym, Automotive Transfer Certificate, which must be required by physical individuals, undivided successions, as well as those legal persons, living inside or outside the nation, whose relationship is linked to the transfer of automobiles. , except for self-propelled machinery (agricultural, tractors, harvesters, cranes and roads) – and motorcycle vehicles, used located in the national territory, of those that have a domain title.
What is the purpose of this certificate?
The objective of this specific certificate is to include assignments of rights for the benefit of insurance companies, in given circumstances of banditry against the insured property.
Who should process it?
The procedure must be carried out as mentioned, by natural persons, undivided successions or legal persons.
Emphasizing that the CETA becomes an essential requirement at the moment in which the sale value of the DNRPA is greater than or equal to $30,000.
Individuals exempt from complying with the requirements to notify the transaction of automobiles and motorcycle vehicles:
- The National, provincial or municipal States and the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires.
- Permanently accredited missions, being diplomatic, to the National State, with delegated entities representing other countries, as well as foreign ministers.
- Religious foundations part of subparagraph e) of Article 20 of the Income Tax Law, text ordered in 1997, as well as those derived from it.
These exceptions should include, regardless of who the subject is, in transactions carried out through judicial measures.
Conditions for requesting the CETA certificate
At the time that the conditions mentioned habitually occur, they are automatically obliged to report the transfer of motor vehicles and motorcycle vehicles:
- In the case of a motor vehicle (car, truck, van, rural, jeeps, delivery van, bus, minibus and collective, trailer or trailer, even if they were not bodyworked, excluding self-propelled machinery: agricultural, tractors, harvesters, cranes, road machinery) or a motor vehicle (mopeds, motorcycles, scooters, motocarros -motocarga or motovan-, tricycles and quadricycles with motor) used and located in the country.
How to get it?
The current legislation obliges individuals, previously required to carry out the acts of transfers of automobiles or motorcycle vehicles, the «Automotive Transfer Certificate» (CETA).
The CETA requirement can be carried out by the owner of the vehicle or any of its owners, through any of the following procedures:
- Through the Internet: enter the AFIB official page using the fiscal key to the service «Transfer of Registrable Movable Assets – Automotive Transfer Certificate (CETA)».
- Establish telephone lines with the Telephone Information Center (0800-999-2347), with previous verification of the legitimacy of the vehicle carrier’s data and then they will be notified of the identity of the «Automotive Transfer Certificate». to print the following certificate:
- Use the «Fiscal Code» to enter the service «Transfer of Registrable Personal Property (CETA)» to the query «Certificate of Transfer of Vehicles (CETA) generated» or through an inquisition without use of fiscal code, in which case the owner of the vehicle must be indicated as well as the number code of «Automotive Transfer Certificate (CETA)».
- Entering directly without using a tax code, where you must enter the owner of the vehicle and the number of «Certificate of transfer of vehicles (CETA)».
The delegations of those individuals living outside the national territory can only request the CETA through the Internet.
If in any transaction of previously used automobiles, a registered individual is present following the provisions of General Resolution No. 2,032 (usualists in the purchase and sale of automobiles and motorcycle vehicles) he will be in charge of requesting the «Automobile Transfer Certificate ”.
The numbering indicated in the «Automotive Transfer Certificate» to be entered in the «COMMENTS» section of the requisition that must appear in the Sectional of the Registry of Automotive Property and Pledge Credits for registration:
– Type 08 – Transfer Contract – Domain Registration.
– Type 15 – Assignment of Rights.
– Type 17 – Preventive Registration of the domain in favor of a Habitual Merchant in the Purchase and Sale of Automotive.
The following information is essential to obtain the certificate:
- Prior classification of the motor vehicle, indicating its domain code, brand, factory model and detailing the following aspects:
- Trucks, Rural, Jeeps.
- Identify the monetary value or amount of the transfer.
- Detail of the transferor, specifying full names, or denominating, CUIT, CUIL and/or CDI as well as the amount of ownership in the property to be registered. If applicable, indicate the number of condominium owners indicating the No. of CUIT, CUIL and /or CDI and the corresponding ownership level.
- Ownership level reason for the transaction.
- Establish the type of transfer made for prevention in Request «Type 15 Assignment of Rights» – resignations of estimates in favor of insurers, in the aforementioned cases of attack on insured property.
- Tax code given that the transaction is carried out as the delegation of an individual who lives outside the national territory.
Buyer: full name, company name, CUIT, CUIL and/or CDI and amount in proportion of ownership authority over the property.
Steps to follow
- Before carrying out the transaction of the automotive asset, you must enter the AFP website making use of the fiscal key in the transfer service of registrable personal property (CETA).
- Fill in the information required by the system.
- Obtain the physical certificate by printing.
Direct method without the fiscal key
- Call the AFIP information center number (0800-999-2347)
- Grant all the information as legal bearer of the property to the AFIP worker who attends you.
- Save the CETA code that they extend to you.
- enter the AFP website where we will detail the CETA code previously granted and the automotive patent.
- Print the form.
- Enter the CETA code number in the section of requests that have been made in the Automotive Property Registry, which are:
- Type 08 – Transfer Contract – Registration of domain,
- Type 15 – Assignment of rights,
- Type 17 – Preventive registration of the domain in favor of a merchant habitualist in the sale of automobiles.
- In the event that superficial ownership transactions are made, the monetary value to be transferred must be taken into account.
- If the transaction has been agreed with denominations of other countries that are not handled in Argentina, the reconversion must be made to the local currency, that is, Argentine pesos, directly proportional to the equivalence established by Banco Nación at the close of the last business day. immediately prior to the transfer date.
- In the event that an individual registered with AFIP as a habitualist in the sale of vehicles participates in the consolidation of the transaction, he or she will be in charge of issuing the CETA application.
Where to do it?
The CETA certificate procedures must be carried out in the AFIP system only if a sale transaction of a automobile previously used and valued in Argentina for an amount of money greater than or equal to one hundred thousand pesos.
This process is done digitally through the AFP website
What is the cost of the procedure?
The transaction is totally free.
How to register on the AFIP page?
First of all, enter the data of the DNI, in order to obtain a digital tax code and CUIT. After this, you must register in taxes and start the activity.
What are sectional registers?
As of the last date of February 12, 2019, the consignment of the CETA identification number will not be required in the Application Types «08», «08D», «17» and «15», which are used to carry out requests for transfer procedures. Then, the Sectional Registries must:
- Proceed to validate the originality and accuracy of the CETA, this process is done by entering the Single Automotive System (SURA).
- Certify that the information about the transmitting motor vehicle and the data of the acquirer correspond to the registered records.
- Validate by system the CETA issued.
- In the event that the above checks yield an inconsistent or contradictory result, the transaction must be supervised. Regardless, it is considered that those cases in which there are minor differences in the identifying data of the asset or of the parties involved, the domain number or the respective CUIT, CUIL or CDI are not considered to constitute grounds for observation.
- If the green light is given to the registration process, it will not be essential to verify in File B the validation of the CET, since this will remain automatically saved in the AFIP and National Directorate systems.
If I make a purchase of a car, should I apply for CETA?
It is not necessary, the CETA becomes an essential requirement at the moment that a person wishes to carry out a sale transaction or transfer a used motor vehicle or motorcycle.
Those who assume as acquirers are obliged to present the «CETA» to the person in charge of the Sectional Registry to formalize their registration.
In summary, the CETA is a certificate to fulfill a requirement in case of purchase or sale of a vehicle with the agreed amount of $30,000, it can be obtained in different ways, through the AFIP and it supposes a good guarantee for our car.
Related articles that may interest you