The Zoosanitary Certificate It is of vital importance when you want to travel with your pet, pets are also part of our family. Therefore, we must comply with all the necessary parameters to be able to travel with them.
Pets help us feel better and feel accompanied, they spend every day with us and that is why we must take care of them. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to be able to travel with your pet.
Requirements for the Zoosanitary Certificate
Many people want to travel with their pets to their favorite destination, but in order to do this, they must meet the following mandatory requirements:
- The health certificate of the pet or pets that are going to travel.
- Vaccine and antiparasitic card of each of the pets, this card must be able to be verified, so it must be legal.
- The proof of payment or invoice made for each pet that will be on the trip.
- Result of the antibody titer test for Rabies (if the country requires it)
- Apostilled consulates or consulates of each traveling pet, some countries ask for this requirement as mandatory, among them Panama and Venezuela.
- Each pet needs, without exception, an authorization for the export of wild flora and fauna for non-commercial purposes, this document is issued by the Ministry of the Environment.
This authorization must be issued a maximum of 180 days before the desired trip for each pet that is going to travel. You should only have the request addressed to the National Director of Biodiversity.
In this procedure, you can search for any specific requirement, through the website of the Quipux Document Management System, and be done in person at the Provincial Directorate of Guayas.
Agrocalidad offers on its website, a direct link with all the necessary requirements for each country and the procedures of the embassies and consulates. This is because, certain countries may request some extra requirement that needs to be processed.
Procedure to Obtain the Zoosanitary Certificate
The Zoosanitary Certificate It can only be done in person, since it is the travel permit of any pet with whom you want to travel. Those steps are as follows:
Go to the Agrocalidad office of your choice or closer to your home and submit these requirements:
- The original and legal vaccination card to be verified, this card must have the date and the vaccines applied. The same must have a date for each of the internal and external deworming.
- The health certificate of each pet that will be on the trip must be valid for a maximum of 7 days.
- It must also be stamped and signed by a veterinarian registered in the SENESCYT, this must give evidence of the demands that are given.
- Proof of payment made for USD 26.21 for each pet that is going to travel.
- If you want to bring a pet to the European Union, it is necessary to comply with the rabies antibody titer test.
- This test can be performed in a laboratory that has authorization from the European Union.
- If pets go to countries such as Venezuela and Panama, they must be apostilled at the corresponding embassy or consulate.
Upon completion and submission of all these requirements, your application will be approved and will be delivered on «Proof of application». This document is used to redeem the Zoosanitary Certificate Export at the airport or port where the trip will depart.
Cost and Validity of the Animal Health Certificate
This procedure because it must meet foreign requirements, must meet a payment of USD 26.21, nor gravel for each animal that is going to travel. This payment can be made in different bank offices in the country, the process to make the payment of this certificate is:
- Go to an office of the Banco de Guayaquil, Banecuador or Banco del Pacífico.
- Payment must be made in the name of Agrocalidad to any account belonging to the bank.
- After having the proof of payment, together with the other requirements, you can go to the airport or port where the trip will depart.
Because this document is so important, it has a validity period that is required for the security of other countries. The validity time is 7 days before the trip and for re-entry to Ecuador it has a maximum validity of 30 days.
There is no exception to the fact that this document is not valid on the day of the flight, this procedure can be carried out quickly in the same port of travel from which it will depart. This document must have the authorization of the highest Animal Health authority of Ecuador, and must have the approval of the Ministry of the Environment.
It should be noted that almost all countries in the world are allowed to receive animals, as long as they comply with all customs protocols. The animal must be presented to customs in the country of departure before boarding the plane.
Where to get it and at what hours of operation?
Due to the fact that this procedure can only be carried out in person, there are several offices and places to carry it out, these establishments are:
- The main Animal Health coordination office is located at Av. Interoceánica KM 141/2, La Granja MAG, in Tumbaco-Ecuador.
- Or, it can be done at the Office of the District Directorates of the Agricultural Health Service, each of which is located in the province.
All the offices mentioned have a stipulated opening hours from Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., without any exception. Therefore, it is important to take your schedule into account when planning a trip.
The Zoosanitary Certificate It can also be processed directly at the airport or port where you will leave the country, presenting all the required requirements. At the time of doing so, the Agrocalidad worker must make and approve this request, issuing the necessary certificate for the pets on the flight.
The points where the procedure can be carried out in this way are:
- Mariscal Sucre International Airport, which operates 24 hours from Monday to Sunday, which is a great advantage.
- At the José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport located in Guayaquil, at the estimated time from Monday to Sunday from 08:00 to 17:00.
- The Carlos Concha Torres Airport in the city of Esmeraldas from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:30.
- You can also go to the Land Border Point «Rumichaca International Bridge» in Carchi, on the border with Colombia, with hours from Monday to Sunday from 6am to 10pm.
- Land Border Point «Loja» from Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 16:30.
- Land Border Point «CEBAF El Oro», with hours from Monday to Friday 24 hours.
What is it for?
This certificate has the important function of allowing any citizen to take their pet on a trip to another country. It is also important to know who are the people who can carry out this procedure, if this requirement is not met, the animal will not be able to travel. These are:
- Natural persons who are Ecuadorians over 18 years of age to process legally.
- Legal persons that are constituted in a legal way to carry out any type of document
- Any government entity that has any relationship with the exports of livestock or livestock merchandise.
- Any entity that is a Non-Governmental Organization that is related to the export of livestock or livestock merchandise.
It should be noted that, if you are a foreign natural person, you must go to your corresponding embassy to carry out the animal entry procedure and comply with all the requirements requested by Ecuador.
What is the Zoosanitary Certificate?
The Zoosanitary Certificate It is a procedure designed to grant a travel permit for any animal in a non-commercial way. It is important to manage any document for our pet, because it provides security in terms of Animal Health. This with the aim of complying with any permit that the country to visit.
Because this is a certificate that is in the name of Agrocalidad, it is important to know that it is «Agrocalidad» and what is your mission with the improvement and protection of all animals.
Agrocalidad is a public institution whose function is to create and enforce controls and regulations to protect and improve the quality of life of animals. It is also in charge of improving health facilities throughout the national territory.
Whenever we want to travel with our animals, these steps must be carried out, when talking about non-commercial trips. This increases the rights of animals in Ecuador, which is against the law not to comply with all security protocols.
When carrying out this procedure it is important to review the requirements requested by the airline for the transport of animals. Among the most important are the carrier, vaccination certificate and the maximum weight of the animal.
Now that you know everything you need to be able to travel with your pet, we hope that you can carry out each step in a successful way. We appreciate that you have read this article and that you can travel your pet without having any inconvenience.
Thank you for reading!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Ecuador
Related articles that may interest you