It is important to have a document that demonstrates compliance with certain standards and legal requirements with respect to property or income that a person may have. That document, in Colombia, is called Property and Income Form.
In this article, we will talk about what it is, how to get it or where. We will also give other information. If you don’t want to miss it, keep reading!
What is the Assets and Income Form?
The Property and Income Form, also called Unique Form of Affidavit of Assets and Income and Private Economic ActivityIt is a form that informs if a person has all the public services up to date based on the Anti-Corruption Law.
This ensures that every server registers the resources and assets that it has in its possession, along with your personal information. The latter guarantees the transparency of their actions.
There is a rule that regulates the presentation of this document.
We are talking about Law 190 of 1995, articles 13 to 15 that indicate that the presentation of said documentation is a requirement for possession in a job. Likewise, it must be updated every year and / or when the service is withdrawn.
Assets and Income Form Format
At Property and Income Form Personal information is requested such as: names and surnames, date of birth, obligations, assets of the server and family composition.
Also, they will ask to include current work or non-work income. The format must be written in printed letters and in black ink, exclusively. No data should be excluded.
In the case of not having more blank spaces to complete some information, it is possible to add some sheets where what is missing is written, referring to the number of the section that is being completed.
For the Declaration of Assets and Income It is necessary to have processed the Assets and Income Form. You can do this by entering here.
On the web platform, the public servant will have direct access to the form and also to the instructions for «How to fill out your declaration of assets and income».
Once this option is selected, you must follow the steps specified there and then print, sign and deliver the documentation to the Human Talent Office of the company where the server works.
How to fill out the Assets and Income Form?
- Credits and current obligations: refers to the conglomerate of debts that the public servant owns at the time the procedure is carried out, either by updating the data or the simple withdrawal of the document.
- Private economic activities: are all those activities that the public servant always or occasionally performs, in order to acquire additional resources to those obtained with the Government.
- Patrimonial assets: It is the unit of assets that a person owns. These assets can be movable and immovable property.
The value presented is that derived from the use of depreciation and adjustment methods established in the country’s or commercial accounting standards.
- Membership: refers to the nature of the position held by a person within an established company, such as: a council, a board of directors or a legal society.
- Nature of the entity: refers to public or private entities. Depending on which of the two is being processed.
- City and date: refers to the accounts cut-off established in Decree 2232 of 1995.
- Affidavit: it is about the presentation of this document, managed and signed properly, before the employing entity. It should be noted that since 1995 with Decree 2150 it is no longer mandatory to present it to a Notary Public.
- Income and income for the last taxable year: this is all income obtained in the year prior to the filing of this statement.
- Participation in boards, councils and companies: refers to any relationship that may be had as a partner, associate and / or owner of any type of legally established company. Whether this is a corporation, partnership or association.
- First degree of consanguinity: Strictly speaking, these are the parents and children of the public servant.
- Full name.
- X in the corresponding identity document box.
- Data and number of the main address.
- Personal data of the first degree relatives, including identity documents of each one and the relationship.
- X in the box that indicates the reason for which the declaration is being processed.
- Income and Income obtained in the year prior to the procedure being carried out.
- Savings or checking accounts that you have, directly or interposed, in Colombia and abroad.
- Assets that you have, naming the type and characteristics of each one (house, car, apartment or other) together with their commercial value.
- Obligations that must be taken over, mentioning the creditor, value and concept thereof.
Participation in meetings and companies:
- Mention of directive councils and boards to which it belongs;
- Mention of corporations, partnerships or associations in which it has participation as a partner, owner or employee;
- X in the corresponding box depending on whether or not you have a conjugal partnership and if it is in force, including the name and identity document of the spouse or permanent partner.
Information on Private Economic Activities:
In this section add the information of all the private economic activities that generate additional income to those obtained in the public sector. Mentioning the characteristics of said activities and the benefit that each one of them gives you.
Signature of the Public Servant:
With your signature, you undertake under oath to ensure that the information found in the document is true.
What is it for?
The Unique Form of Affidavit of Assets and Income and Private Economic Activity must be processed beforehand by the person who wants to take a position, public employment or also, who wants or must retire from it.
Additionally, it must be processed by those people who still have a connection with the Government on the last day of March of each year, as an update, as established in Article 1 of Decree 736 of 1996.
It is an obligation that all public servants in the country have, in accordance with article 122 of the Political Constitution, which establishes that:
«Before taking possession of the position, when retiring from it or when the competent authority requests it, he must declare, under oath, the amount of his assets and income. Said declaration may only be used for the purposes and purposes of the application of the rules of the public servant ”.
Likewise, article 227 of Decree Law 019 of 2012 in its second paragraph makes mention of:
«Public servants must fill out the Declaration of Assets and Income referred to in article 122 of the Political Constitution.»
Who Issues It?
This form is issued by the Public Function, which is the technical and strategic entity related to the National Government.
This organization is responsible for ensuring the welfare of the population through continuous improvements in the management of public servants and institutions throughout the national territory.
As an additional piece of information, the agency personnel who are in charge of receiving and classifying the information included in the statements and subsequently attaching it to each person’s resume, is the one who must keep the Assets and Income Declarations of public servants in the entity.
All this according to article 16 of Law 190 of 1995.
Frequently asked questions about the topic:
Are there several types of Assets and Income Declaration?
There are three types of Declaration of Assets and Income. They are as follows:
- Income: statement that must be processed to obtain a job.
- Periodic: update that must be submitted every year.
- Withdrawal: must be presented at the time of retiring from service.
What is the deadline for the filing of the Declaration of Assets and Income?
For each type of declaration there is a term. Below is detailed:
- Entry: It must be presented immediately after possession.
- Periodic: Legally, it must be presented by public servants on the last day of March of each year. Which means that for next year the deadline expires on March 31.
- Retirement: The declaration of retirement must be presented by the public servant within the first three business days following retirement from service.
If a server is not registered in SIGEP, how can it access the declaration form?
SIGEP, is the acronym for the Public Employment Information and Management System.
Public servants who have not yet entered this system must use the format found on the website of the Public Function and once managed, it must be delivered to the Human Talent Office of the entity to which the server belongs.
How to protect the personal information provided in the Declaration of Assets and Income?
The information included in the Assets and Income Form is classified as reserved. It may only be provided to the entity that expressly requests such information.
This entity can be a control body to verify data in disciplinary and fiscal processes or ordinary justice for criminal and civil cases. The latter in case acts of corruption are discovered in the middle.
What is the Public Function doing to clarify the doubts of the servers about the completion of the Declaration of Assets and Income?
Public Function through the EVA, acronym for Virtual Advisory Space, is conducting a series of thematic chats, aimed at public servants, where they discuss this issue.
These chats explain the step-by-step process for the proper filing of the declaration, the regulatory framework and the functionalities of the Public Employment Information and Management System, SIGEP.
When are the chats scheduled to clarify doubts about the Declaration of Assets and Income?
As previously explained, Public Function through EVA will be conducting thematic chats on various days, at a time from 8:30 am to 10:30 am.
Invite all servers to enter this virtual space where doubts on the subject are resolved daily. You can get more information about this by going to EVA, the Virtual Consulting Space. Success in your process!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar