This article will highlight with everything related to Certificate of baptism. Regarding the Catholic Church, Baptism is a sacrament and is the first in the life of Jesus.
This certificate is a document that shows that the person has been baptized. If in the future, the citizen wishes to marry in the church, they will ask for this important certificate.
If you do not remember where you were baptized or want to obtain this certificate, then we will explain everything related to this topic. We invite you to continue reading.
Requirements for the Baptism Certificate
Importantly, there are many reasons why people need the Certificate of baptism, but there are cases in which people do not remember where they were baptized or if your family who has knowledge moved from that place, etc. Next, the Requirements for the Certificate of baptism.
- The person needs to supply his full name.
- The name of your parents.
- An approximate date when He was baptized.
In any case in which the citizen was baptized in the Our Lady of Andacollo Parish, with the above information you can locate in the registry, your certificate of baptism.
If you were baptized there, you can go to the Parish, in the secretariat where they serve the public, from Tuesday to Friday from 4:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and Saturdays, from 4:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Baptized in another Parish
If you were baptized in another parish and you remember which one it was, you must comply with the following:
- You have to find out the name of the church where he was baptized.
- Contact the parish in which you were baptized and request to contact the office secretary. That person can provide your certificate of baptism of the church.
- The secretary will surely ask you to supply identification information such as: your name, date of birth, and parents’ names. This information will make it easier for you to find your certificate of baptism.
Steps to Follow to Obtain the Baptism Certificate
If you want to request your certificate of baptism, you must comply with the following steps:
- First the citizen must go to the church or parish in which you were baptized and request the document.
- When you are in the parish or church, the secretary should provide your name and surnameas well as the year in which he was baptized. With this information they can give you your certificate.
- It is important to note that you must investigate in advance, if you have to pay an amount to carry out this procedure. Most of the time, They carry out this procedure and it is free, but it is better to investigate before.
- Depending on the place where you have been baptized, the process may take a little while, you can receive your certificate by email.
- It is recommended that you request this document in time regarding your wedding date, It is valid for 6 months. If you request it well in advance, your wedding day may not work for you and you will have to request it again. Therefore, for your peace of mind, you can ask for your baptism certificate between 3 to 5 months before.
Archdiocese in Chile
- The citizen can also access the web portal of the Archdiocese in Chile and there is a search engine that includes all communes of the metropolitan region. In this search engine, the citizen can search for the name of the parish or church that will give him all the information so that he can communicate.
- If you were baptized in another region, for example in Antofagasta. There they contain a complete record, which have all the organized record books of the sacraments of your church. However, this document will be delivered if the person personally attends the secretariat and provides their information.
- It is important to note that some churches no longer have copies of old baptism records, as it takes up a lot of space. However, these churches send their records to the archive of a parent parish.
- In any case, in which where the church was baptized it was closed, you should contact the diocese to which it belonged. When these circumstances occur, the records move you to another church highest in the area.
- You can also resort to entering the Archbishop’s page to find out what diocese kept the church before closing its doors. When you have made contact, they should contact them to request a copy of their baptismal certificate.
- In the event that there is no record of their baptisms, but they are sure that the person was baptized, in some churches they can provide a replacement document where the sacrament was performed.
- If the person is not baptized, but wishes to marry in the church, in several cases he can receive the sacrament of baptism before the wedding is celebrated. You will have to attend a course to be baptized and obtain your baptism certificate.
What to do if I don’t remember where I was baptized?
Citizens may not remember where they were baptized. In this case, you must do the following:
- First, the citizen must ask the members that make up his family nucleus, if they remember when he received the sacrament and who were his godparents.
- Ask if you have a book as a baby to get information about when he was baptized. In this book you should include where your parents were married, in which church they were married, where you were born and lived in these years.
- You can also contact your sponsor, if you have their names. They should give you information on where the baptism took place, so that you can contact the church.
- You may choose to contact the church where your parents were married by church, it may be the same church where you were baptized. Especially if your parents did not move anywhere.
- Contact the church where you lived your childhood and check if they have your certificate of baptism.
- Nowadays, with the technological age, you can search the name of the churches or parishes and you can get them to have website. Most put the phone or in some case email to communicate with them.
What is the Baptism Certificate for?
If the citizen wishes to marry in the church, he needs the Certificate of baptism, it is an essential requirement. Hence, the Certificate of baptism shows that the citizen received the first sacrament from the church
Ester Certificate of baptism, it means that he began his Christian life. When they ask for this document, the name of the baptized person, the parents, the godparents and the minister must be reflected. In addition, the day must contain the place in which it was carried out.
It does not matter if the person was baptized when he was grown up or when he was a baby, that information should be on your Baptism Certificate.
This Certificate is written on the same day and place in which you received the sacrament of baptism, therefore when you need this document you can get it at the church where you were baptized.
As we mentioned above this Certificate of baptism You need it to get married, therefore you must request it a maximum period of 4 or 5 months after your marriage. This certificate is valid for 6 months, once it has expired, the person must request it again.
What is it?
Baptism is understood as the sacrament that initiates the Christian life, incorporating it in the Catholic community, the Body of Christ. This rite is intended to immerse the person in water or place water over their head, while invoking the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
When people are baptized they are given a Certificate which person fulfilled the first sacrament. This Baptism Certificate demonstrates in fact that the citizen was baptized.
It is important to note that baptism is an act that the person can do when he wants it. That is, it is not something that imposes it on you.
In Chile, in certain parishes they are guided in complying with the requirements to be baptized, with the aim of keeping an organized record and an average of the people who comply with performing this sacrament.
In this country when a person is going to be baptized, it is important that the parents approve so that the celebration takes place in the best way. In addition, it is a way to assure the church that the citizen who is going to be baptized is willing to educate himself in the Catholic faith.
How many people can be godparents?
It is recommended that they be two godparents, but in reality that depends on the parents who determine it, there may be cases that have four, but most of the time there are two, a woman and a man.
In general, baptisms that have more than two godparents, are usually where there are twins or brunettes. But in the Our Lady of Andacollo Parish emphasizes that the godparents have the role together with the parents, that the baptized citizen fulfills a Christian life in accordance with their faith and everything that this sacrament entails.
The person to be baptized must have at least one sponsor. To be a sponsor, you need to have chosen the parents or who they want to occupy that place.
Godparents must have at least 16 years and older, be Catholic, have been baptized and confirmed. If it is not confirmed, you should contact the Parish Priest, the same if you do not meet the applicable age.
To conclude, baptizing is essential for people who are Catholic and want to follow the way of the Lord. In addition, if your family is used to complying with the sacraments, you should take into account that from the first moment of your life, you have your Baptism Certificate, with that document you can marry in the church if you wish.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Chile
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar