The Birth certificateIt is a very important legal document so that you can easily and quickly carry out numerous procedures. For example: procedures related to marriage, divorce, bonds, among others.
For this reason, we have dedicated this article to this type of certificate. Here, we will explain: what are the requirements you need, how to obtain it, its function, who delivers it, and, we culminate with its definition.
Requirements to Obtain the Birth Certificate
It is very common that, to start obtaining any type of certificate, agencies and institutions require or require a series of specific documents. This certificate, being a legal document, is not exempt from these requirements.
But, don’t worry, because below, we will show you authentic and verified information of all requirements requested and demanded so that you can start the process and finally obtain the birth certificate.
Let’s start by highlighting that, to start with this procedure, you will only need the Single Tax Registry of the person. In addition, today, you do not need to attend in person, or show an identity card or a photo. With that one piece of information, you can have the certificate.
In this way, you can realize that requesting this type of certificate is quite simple and fast, since you only need to know a piece of information about the person. To this we add that, currently to finally obtain the same you should not wait so long.
On the other hand, there are usually certain doubts regarding the price of this type of certificate. But, you should know that to request and obtain this document you should not make any monetary contribution. That is, it is completely free.
However, it is important for you to know that, in general, problems arise when the child is registered. This is because there are different ways to register it and all this will depend on the person who presents it.
How to Obtain the Birth Certificate?
After the explanation of the requirements, we continue with the steps you must follow to obtain this type of certificate. It is very important that you follow everything to the letter, since this is a process that must be given a lot of attention.
Likewise, this document can be obtained in three ways: online, in person and by phone. Next, we will explain to you what is the method you must follow in each of them to obtain the certificate:
- The first step is to enter the official website of the Civil registration.
- Then, when you are on the website, go to the section of: Birth.
- There, you must click on the option of: Birth Certificate for all procedures.
- Subsequently, it will appear on the screen that you enter the Unique Tax Registry of the person.
- Click on the option: Add to cart.
- Finally, you have to add the email where you want the document to be sent.
- Enter the selected email again, and click on: Continue.
When you have completed these steps and completed this registration, you will receive the document in PDF format in the email you registered. You will not have to worry about waiting time, since in just five minutes you will have it in your inbox.
- In person:
- The first thing you should do is go to the Civil registration.
- There, you only have to deliver your identity card.
- By phone:
- To obtain the document by phone, you just have to call: 600 370 2000.
- When you are in contact with an employee, you must make the request.
- To request this certificate, you will only need your RUT and that of the person who wants it.
- In addition to this, they will ask you for an email to send the document.
What is the Birth Certificate for?
It is convenient that you know the function and purpose of this certificate, since in many cases it is not usually given the importance it deserves. That is why, below, we will explain what this document is for.
Well, one of the main uses of this certificate is simply to know or consult the specific and detailed data and information of the newborn. Either for personal reasons, or others that merit the knowledge of these data.
It is important to highlight that these documents are completely safe in the entities or organizations where they have been registered. In addition, they are stored in their respective administration files.
But, on the other hand, we must emphasize that there are other types of procedures, specifically with the Official Administrations, where this type of certificate turns out to be essential, and this is the case of:
- Obtain the first National Identity Document of a person or, failing that, a passport.
- Get the pension.
- To get married.
- Marital separation or divorce.
- Enrollment in educational center.
- Obtain an inheritance.
- Get the first passport.
- Access a University or another official body.
Now, if what you want is to simply consult the newborn’s information for personal reasons, you only have to request the respective extract of this type of certificate. However, to make this request you must present it to any public administration.
It should be mentioned that, to request the first DNI, you must present the literal birth certificate, it will be valid for approximately six months. But, for the rest of the certificates, they will only be valid for three months.
Who Delivers the Birth Certificate?
Briefly, we can clarify that this certificate is delivered only by the Civil Registry of Chile. Likewise, and as we have mentioned in previous points, this document can be obtained in different ways, for example: in person, through the internet or, failing that, by telephone.
However, you must bear in mind that to request and obtain this certificate you do not have to cancel any type of fee. That is, performing this procedure is completely free, whether you do it in any of the three ways.
Data Included in the Document
Now, let’s continue with this point. This type of certificate includes specific information or data about the child and the child’s parents. So, below, we will show you a list of the data that you must provide:
- Place of birth of the child. That is, the City or Commune.
- Names and surnames of the boy or girl from whom the certificate is being requested.
- Single Tax Registry of the boy or girl from whom the certificate is being obtained.
- Date of birth of the child.
- Single Tax Registry of the person’s father.
- Father’s full name and surname.
- Single Tax Registry of the person’s mother.
- Mother’s full name and surname.
As you can see, the data or information requested is basic. Therefore, making this request is quite practical and simple. In addition, a point in favor is that obtaining this certificate is usually quick and, it does not present disadvantages.
We must emphasize that, as we explained and developed in a previous point, this type of certificate can be obtained in different ways. As, for example: through the internet, in person and by phone.
Also, to complete the data in each of these ways, you must follow a series of specific steps. But, you don’t have to worry, because each of them were explained earlier in this article.
What is it?
Now, we are going to finish by offering you a definition about this type of certificate in particular. Although it is usually quite simple and known, this certificate is nothing more than a document where all the information and data of a person’s birth are recorded.
In short, it is a kind of report where data such as, for example: the date of birth of the individual, the place where he was born, the sex of the baby, the names and surnames of the same are shown, and data from both parents.
In addition to this, the importance of this document lies in being able to carry out other types of procedures where it is an essential requirement. In addition, this registry has been carried out worldwide since ancient times to carry out statistical data on the population.
Currently, the procedures that require this certificate are: marriage, divorce, passport, schools, universities, inheritance, among many others. For this reason, it is extremely important that you apply for it.
On the other hand, we must emphasize that there are different types of this certificate, which are: positive birth certificate, negative birth certificate and certificate with electronic seal. Here is a brief explanation:
- Positive Birth Certificate: This certifies if a person is registered in the Civil Registry.
- Negative Birth Certificate: it certifies if a person is not registered in the Civil Registry.
- Certification with Electronic Seal: here, a secure verification code is included, as well as the date it was issued.
Likewise, you must bear in mind that, to complete any of these three types of certificates, the data and the way to request may vary in each one of them. Therefore, you have to request information at the Civil Registry of Chile.
Get your Birth Certificate, thanks for reading us!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Chile
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar