This article will explain what they are Construction License Requirements in Colombia that will be explained step by step below. Keep reading!
Construction is the work and product of building. In this concept, the presence of the construction industry stands out.
The construction industry is the productive sector that ranges from carrying out large public works to building houses.
In Colombia through the Ministry of Housing, City and Territory, updated on April 2, 2020, it stands out in Article 188.8.131.52.1 where its main objective is to coordinate, organize and execute the construction of new urban projects, taking into account the conditions of approximation and loans of domicile of the public services.
If you need to know what the Construction License Requirements will be explained below.
Construction License Requirements
It is important to note that every time you have a construction project, the state must authorize it through a construction license. The Construction License Requirements will be explained below:
- You must fill out a form regarding the aspiration of building licenses.
- Your identity card of the person requesting it.
- If it refers to legal persons or the document referring to the Chamber of Commerce. Only to legal persons .
- The correlation of the neighboring owners to the object of the request and the permission that there is a proxy.
In the event that there is a project of high difficulty, you must comply with other procedures such as: a copy of the architectural project, geotechnical investigations and the project registration.
Requirements for Rural Zone
It is important to explain that in rural areas they do not grant licenses because services are scarce because it is not within the land use plan.
Rural areas need other conditions such as the portion should not be less than one hectare, on the other hand, if it is a suburban place it contains a portion of 1,200 hectares, for this it is necessary to supply and supply services.
If services are scarce, licenses cannot be granted to people because it creates social problems.
For Expansion or Remodeling
The extension is when you are given a permit to multiply the built area for a work, understanding as a built area the raised part that depends on the whole that is the building except for the terrace and the roof areas.
The Construction License Requirements for expansion are the following:
- Copy of the document regarding the property with the purpose of the request (the date of the term cannot pass more than one month to the stipulated date).
- Fill out the single national form by the applicant.
- The person must fill out a photocopy regarding their identification. If it refers to a legal person, document of existence and legal representation (the date of the term cannot pass more than one month to the stipulated date).
- Permission duly established by means of a notary or a judge.
- Photocopy of the tax return document for the last year as a result of the property referring to the request, where it exposes the identification regarding the property.
- Correlation with respect to the address of the property close to the project (it will not be an obligation through the property referring to public spaces.
- Copy of the document on the trained professionals who aspire to the license process and Photocopy of the document proving that they have experience.
- A copy of the plan referring to the construction, It must be registered and signed by an outstanding professional. Which must contain (location, plants, property cuts, facades, covered plants and area chart).
- Draft accepted by the Ministry of Culture.
- Photocopy of the certification of the competent body of the horizontal property administration.
If the property contains structural changes, you must attach the following:
- Category III and IV: Copy of the structural plans, the summary of the model and the signed and labeled geotechnical studies.
- Category I and II: photocopy of the representation through the project, which must be signed and labeled by the personnel who carried it out.
It is important that the person take into account the Construction License Requirements by means of the extension modality.
How long does the procedure take?
This process can take more or less 45 days, but in the event that a modification must be made, it can take approximately four months. That is why, to organize yourself for that in advance.
It is better that you request this important procedure because if you let it pass you will have to pay an amount in a fine. Aunado can send him to destroy the building for not obtaining the permit.
Organize your time and complete the procedures as soon as possible so that they give you permission and can legally build the projects you have in mind through your work and disposition
Why is it important to process the Construction License?
The importance of why it is important to process the construction license, refers to the approval and confirmation of the permit through the authorities of the country, for the realization and creation of a construction project.
This is not only a fundamental requirement but is also an addition to the properties in terms of assessment and plan in mind.
It is also important for the government to ask people who need this requirement for the Construction License keep in mind that these are rules that must be met in order for there to be order in society. And above all to ensure the welfare of citizens in the face of any adversity.
This license means that the project to be carried out is carried out legally and legitimately for the benefit of the city. And there are no negative shocks on the part of the population.
Therefore, it is essential that people when working on a new project request and carry the requirement for the Construction License so that they can advance in the creation of a building with their permission from the competent authorities.
What is a Building License?
The construction license is a permit that must be requested in advance for the creation and execution of any type of project, in one or more properties. These licenses are approved through curatorships of district or municipal entities.
These entities must respect the uses, proximity and presence of accepted technicians for the next works under construction. Considering the presence of land use planning plans and those that maneuver the resources of the city.
This permit not only provides help to the owners but also benefits the population, therefore in the constructions there should not be the error. Because it hurts the quality of people.
You have to build places where the primary standards are met for the tranquility of the inhabitant. If they do not obtain the permit, the competent authorities may fines, they will simply ask that the construction be destroyed in its entirety.
In the case if the property will not have modifications then in the file it will attach a request signed by a professional civil engineer who affirms that the realization of this project will not affect the structure.
There are several types of construction license that are the following:
- New construction
- Strengthening of the structure
It is important to emphasize that there are cases in which they do not ask for the construction license and that is when some minimal remodeling is carried out. That is, if the property needs to be painted internally and externally, also the change of floor; replace kitchen or bathroom, etc.
You already know that having a project in mind you cannot do it without having applied for a construction license. That is why, follow the steps, starting with the requirements for the Construction License. Do it as soon as possible so that you do not have a problem with the authorities.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Related articles that may interest you