The Certificate of Employer Obligations It is an accreditation that is given to an employer in Ecuador that is registered with the IESS. In this way, the employer will have a document that indicates his solvency with debts and commitments with the Social Security of the workers.
On the other hand, the Ecuadorian Institute of Social Security (IESS) makes a digital platform available to employers for this type of procedure to be carried out. If you are interested in obtaining this certificate for your procedures, keep reading.
Requirements for the Certificate of Employer Obligations
Next, if an employer needs to show that it is not in default in terms of its commitments with the IESS and with its workers, it must obtain this certificate. Therefore, it is necessary for the person to comply with a series of basic provisions, which we tell you below:
- Present the identification card.
- Show the Tax Registry (RUC) used by employers.
- Have the password and username to access the IESS link.
- If the employer or legal representative of the company is a resident foreigner, they must present the identification number.
Steps to Follow to Obtain the Certificate of Employer Obligations
On the other hand, it is now easier and more comfortable to remove the Certificate of Employer Obligations. In this sense, the IESS relies on the advantages of digital technology for employers to carry out the procedure of obtaining the document without major trauma. Sign up and follow the steps!
- Get a PC or smartphone.
- Check the internet signal.
- Access a reliable browser like Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox.
- Look for the digital link of the IESS.
- Follow the route of online services.
- Click on «employers.»
- Select the «Certificate of Employer Obligations«.
- Enter the taxpayer registration number (RUC).
- Then press «consult».
- In the case of foreign registration, select ID and number 61 at the end.
- If you are an affiliate on your own abroad, you must enter the ID and code 086.
- In other cases, code 090 and 000 (volunteer in the country and domestic employer respectively) are attached at the end.
- When viewing the certificate, you review it and if everything is OK, follow the procedure for downloading and printing.
Who can request the Certificate of Employer Obligations?
According to the above, the beneficiaries of this type of accreditation are employers, employers or legal representatives of companies. Also, callers registered on their own in Ecuador or outside the country can request this document.
In any case, it is worth noting that you also know what are the labor commitments of an employer, whose solvency is evidenced in the Certificate of Employer Obligations. Therefore, do not retire, here we tell you some of those commitments:
- Enter into an individual labor agreement or agreement with the employee.
- Manage the registration of the contract in the labor instances of the Ecuadorian Government.
- Process the affiliation of the employee before the Social Security body in Ecuador.
- Respect the rights of the worker and not generate physical or psychological abuse towards the employee.
- Comply with the minimum salary established by the government of Ecuador.
- Guarantee the employer’s contribution to the Social Security System.
- Respect the payment of overtime and additional bonuses for overwork.
- Comply with the contribution of the Savings Bank.
- Pay utilities to employees in accordance with the law.
- Among other guarantees or prerogatives in favor of the employee.
- Therefore, the employer’s obligations and their compliance are duly regulated in the legal system on Labor matters that is in force in Ecuador.
Validity of the Certificate of Employer Obligations
In another vein, the Certificate of Employer Obligations it is valid for 30 days. Therefore, this period starts from the moment the document is downloaded or sent to be printed. Thus, said validity and legality goes hand in hand with the electronic signature.
Likewise, it is important that you know a little more about the procedures that employers registered with the IESS can carry out on the virtual platform of said agency. So you will see that, as an employer, you can manage other documents other than the Certificate of Employer Obligations:
- Consultation of pending commitments as employer before the IESS.
- Generation of proof of payment of outstanding debts.
- New employer registration.
- Bank debit management.
- Change process of the productive sector of the company.
- RUC registration.
- Loan forms.
- Formats for reserve funds.
- Procedures on risks at work.
- Among other procedures.
On the other hand, in the current health emergency conditions, the IESS recommends that these steps be carried out virtually. However, the institute makes available to its affiliates on its platform, online shifts to carry out a procedure personally.
Duties of Workers
The following should be noted: just as the employer has obligations whose solvency is guaranteed in the Certificate of Employer Obligations, workers also have duties to their job and the employer. If you don’t know them, Here we tell you!
- Carry out their duties according to the terms signed in the employment contract with care and responsibility.
- Return unused tools and supplies in good condition to the employer.
- Work if necessary in urgent cases, even if it generates extra work time, to correctly fulfill their tasks, which gives the right to salary adjustments.
- Promote friendly and respectful behavior with the employer and other co-workers.
- Collaborate with compliance with the internal rules of the company.
- Inform the employer of your absences from the workplace for justified reasons.
- Warn the boss of any dangerous event that puts the workplace at risk.
- Keep in safekeeping and at the disposal of the employer the information or product generated by the daily work (technical, commercial, manufacturing data, advertising, etc.).
- Respect the Industrial Safety and Hygiene rules indicated in the internal manuals and Ecuadorian laws on this matter.
What is it for?
On the other hand, with this accreditation, an employer or legal representative of a company can legally prove that his company is solvent with the labor commitments that it may have with its workforce.
However, if during the validity of the certificate commitments or debts with the IESS are evidenced, said agency may take legal action before the employer to activate the collection.
Also, this accreditation is used to carry out procedures before tax collection agencies. However, these offices may reserve the right to review the employer’s declarations to determine the veracity of the data and to take action, if warranted.
In addition, this certificate serves to support in some way the rights of workers and thus avoid conflicts with the owner of the company. If you do not know your rights as an Ecuadorian worker, do not detach yourself from here, we are going to point them out to you:
- Be registered in the Social Security System of Ecuador.
- Receive the legal minimum wage established by the government.
- Overtime pay.
- Receive the payment in the savings account after the second year of work.
- Payment of trust fees.
- Enjoy vacations, duly paid.
- Receive retroactive payments for salary adjustments.
- Have days of leave in cases where the worker becomes a father.
- Right to enjoy maternity time.
- Enjoy incentives and social salary.
- Receive the subsidies for pregnancy condition.
- Enjoy recognition for merit to job.
- Receive a job letter or job reference when the employee needs it.
- Collect profits at the end of a year of work.
- Among other claims.
What is it?
In Ecuador, if a national or foreign employer wants to show that they are up to date with their workers in terms of social security benefits, they must obtain the Certificate of Employer Obligations. In this way, the IESS guarantees that the employer is not in default before said body.
As previously indicated, the IESS has electronic means to facilitate the issuance of this document without the need to travel to the offices that handle these cases. In this regard, if digital management is impossible, the interested party makes an explanatory letter. In this regard, the letter indicated above must be consigned to the Office of Labor Affairs and Procedures of the Province where the interested employer operates.
It must always be remembered that the beneficiaries of this type of procedure are those employers who are registered with the IESS and carry out various procedures before the virtual office of said public entity.
In relation to the foregoing, the IESS validates and certifies this document, after verification of the employment history or record of the employer that is registered. For this reason, it is necessary that at the time of requesting the certificate, the employer is up to date with the rights of the workers.
In short, if you are looking for information on the steps to obtain accreditation and the body responsible for this process, it is best to read this article. That way you will have a contribution of knowledge that will guide you in your process to obtain this type of certificate.
Comply as an employer with the IESS and you will be contributing to the well-being of the workers of Ecuador!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Ecuador
Related articles that may interest you