The Certificate of Loss of Documents It is an individual management that Colombians can carry out before the National Police of that country. In this regard, any citizen living in Colombia may at some point lose their personal documents, or be the victim of a robbery or theft. Therefore, in these cases the most convenient thing is to share the claim with the authorities.
It should be noted that for 3 years, the Colombian Police in alliance with the Attorney General’s Office have designed a digital reporting platform. In this way, any user who has lost their personal documents can make their respective complaint online. In this sense, this article may interest you.
Don’t wait any longer, keep reading!
Requirements for the Certificate of Loss of Documents
Based on the above, the Certificate of Loss of Documents It is a certificate issued by the Colombian Police. In this regard, this document at the national level confirms that a certain personal collection is missing. In this way, a citizen aggrieved by a robbery, theft or loss of his personal documents must alert the authorities of the loss of papers.
Consequently, the important thing is to report the accident as soon as possible to the Colombian Police. Thus, you can prevent a criminal from using your personal documents fraudulently to commit illegal acts. Therefore, the basic requirements to file a loss claim are:
- Have the immediate disposition to make the report of the loss as soon as possible.
- Go to any detachment of the National Police to make the complaint.
- Make the report of complaint in the Virtual Platform that has the Information System of the Police of Colombia.
- Provide the data requested in the complaint register.
According to the above, now you have the facility to make your document loss report and obtain the certificate more quickly. That is, use the virtual network of the Colombian National Police to carry out this procedure and also later, check the status of the report and print it for your follow-up.
If you want to know more about how to do this process, stay with us!
Steps to Follow to Obtain the Certificate of Loss of Documents
According to what we have indicated above, in the current moments of health emergency and on the recommendation of the Colombian government authorities, the most advisable thing is to reduce the mobility of people to the offices of Services provided by the State. For this reason, citizens are being encouraged to report the loss of documents from their home or workplace.
The general steps to follow for a citizen living in Colombia to make their respective complaint and request the Certificate of Loss of Documents are:
- Keep calm.
- Lean on a computer or mobile phone with Internet connection.
- Locate your trusted browser.
- Write the name of the National Police of Colombia.
- Access the official link of this police force and look for the Virtual Complaint Office.
- Enter the link «Lost Documents».
- Complete the information in detail in the document loss certificate section.
- Proceed to save the digital document.
- Wait a few seconds for you to receive the digital proof of your report with a case identification number or code.
Tics about the Certificate of Loss of Documents
Additionally, it is important that you be aware of some tics when these types of digital reports are made to the police. Also, keep in mind that the virtual platform will not only allow you to report the documents.
Then you will be able to consult and print your certificate and finally, follow up on any personal material recovered. That is why these tics refer to:
- If it is difficult to do the digital request for the certificate from your home or office, then go to the nearest police station, police station or detachment. There the officials are trained to support you.
- Reports of lost documents will be kept in the police database for up to 180 days.
- This type of record should not be required for any government procedure or management.
- The request of the Certificate of Loss of Documents It is a warning or notification of the accident to the police forces. In no case can it replace an act of complaint.
- The certificate voucher has no validity whatsoever to put it before a legal trial, it is only an informative proof of participation in the event to the police.
Consultation and Printing of the Certificate of Loss of Documents
As indicated above, to consult your online Certificate of Loss of Documents, you must follow a few simple steps that we are going to point out below. If you are still interested in consulting and printing this type of report, don’t wait any longer! and follow our article below:
- Search from your PC or smartphone, the official link of the National Police of Colombia.
- Locate the section of the evidence for loss of documents.
- Choose how to search the certificate: by personal identification number or by the code of the certificate.
- Enter the respective number and click to generate the certificate.
- Wait a few seconds, the virtual platform will generate a document loss record on the screen.
- Look for the «download» option and activate this command.
- Wait for the document to download and save as a file in a folder of your choice to consult it as many times as you need.
- To print it, open the certificate file on your PC.
- Then, you look for the file option and click Print.
- Adjust the printing criteria and press «accept» to print the certificate.
- You can also save the file to a USB device and print the certificate at a digital service center.
What Documents Can I Report?
Although, the system of the Virtual Office of the National Police of Colombia is a fairly complete and user-friendly platform, it is valid that you know some types of documents that you can report as lost:
- The identification card.
- The social security card.
- The military inscription.
- Passwords and access codes.
- Weapon use permit.
- Bank cards.
- Vehicle civil liability.
- Bachelor’s degrees.
- Certified notes.
- Vehicle ownership documents.
- Driver’s license
- Among other personal documents of interest
What is it for?
Subsequently, the Certificate of Loss of Documents It is a certificate of public faith that is generated online. Therefore, this document serves to notify Colombian police authorities about the loss of valuable personal documents that in the wrong hands may be involved in criminal acts.
Therefore, if you are going through a loss of this type due to a voluntary loss, robbery or theft of your personal belongings, do not hesitate to immediately file your document loss report. For that, the Colombian Police has its National Virtual Complaint System, So, Follow the steps that the system indicates and make sure that you do not have certain documents of great interest.
What is the Certificate of Loss of Documents?
In short, the Certificate or Certificate of Loss of Documents It is the declaration of good faith that a citizen in Colombia makes before the Colombian Police or, if possible, in the Office of the Prosecutor or Registrar of the Country when they lose their personal documents.
For this reason, at present, and to prevent the displacement of people on Colombian streets, the national government has a Virtual Office through the National Police.
Therefore, on the website of the Colombian Police, there are all the steps that every citizen who lives in Colombia must take to request their certificate of loss of documents, consult it and print it to track the claim.
Also, if you have the fortune to rescue the lost papers, the same system gives you the option to search for the certificate and remove the report from the police records.
Finally, if it is difficult for you to connect online with the digital platform of the National Police of Colombia and request your certificate or report of loss of documents, then:
- Mobilize yourself to the nearest police station so that they support you in registering the loss of documents.
- Call the police line of the Bogota capital at (571) 5159111/9112 or the national master’s degree in the other regions at 018000 910 112. The call center staff is prepared to advise you if you were the victim of a robbery, theft or loss of documents important personals.
- If there are problems with the digital link, ask the police to provide you with a direct line email with the Colombian Police so that you can ask about the report of missing documents.
- For this reason, this type of article is key today so that citizens know how to act with the police in these cases and protect themselves, and not be indirect victims of robbery acts with lost documents of other people.
Citizen of Colombia, it’s with you!
Request your certificate of loss of documents, it is for your safety!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar