The Certificate of Migratory Movements It is a document that in Ecuador is very important, later we will talk to you in depth about it. In order for you to carry out this procedure in the future, it is necessary that you understand what you should do if you wish to obtain this certification in Ecuadorian territory.
In this article we will talk about what it takes to make this request about the Certificate of Migratory Movements in an easy, clear and detailed way. We will give you details about the documentation that is required, the procedure, where you should go for it. Also, we offer you information about its legal bases and what this documentation is about.
Keep reading and find out more about the Certificate of Migratory Movements!
Requirements for the Certificate of Migratory Movements
In this section it is up to us to explain to you about the documents that are requested for the Certificate of Migratory Movements. It is important that you pay attention to each of the things that we are going to display so that you have no doubts when it comes to wanting to carry out this procedure.
Also, we must remind you that you must deliver these documents in good condition so that the authorities can do their proper review. In addition, it is important to highlight that you must make the respective presentation of each one in order to obtain your Certificate of Migratory Movements. Now, the requirements to be able to process this certification which we are going to present to you below.
Documentation required for the Certificate of Migratory Movements:
First of all, we have what are the requirements that will be requested of you obligatory wayThese are essential for the proper processing.
- The first mandatory document requested is that you deliver your identity card and your citizenship, the latter may be optional, if you have your identification document.
- Another required document is the passport.
- And, as a final mandatory requirement, we have to deliver an original bank payment receipt.
Now that you know which documents are required, we are going to tell you what they are requesting under a spice model.
- The document that is going to be requested from you in a special way is that you attach a power of attorney with the express authorization of the owner of the data.
- This for when the certificate is required by a third party to the person who is interested in making the request.
Steps to Follow to Obtain the Certificate of Migratory Movements
After having compiled all the requirements, which were presented to you in the previous section, you must follow a procedure to be able to apply. And, in this way, to be able to process the Certificate of Migratory Movements and later, to be able to obtain it.
It is important that you pay attention and that you follow each of the steps as they are going to be indicated in this section. So at the time of making your request you will not be presented with any kind of inconvenience and everything goes easily.
The first thing we are going to say is that you can carry out this procedure in person or online:
Procedure to follow under the Face-to-Face Modality for the Certificate of Migratory Movements:
- First of all, what you should do is go to the Migratory Support Services, or as it is known by its acronym, the SAM, at the national level. Can you do click here so you can enter the portal.
- Then you will proceed to make your request for the Certificate of Migratory Movements. Attached to this you are going to place a code «4.1 migratory movement» and thus proceed to make the respective payment of the process.
- It is important that you cancel that payment that corresponds to an amount of about $ 5.00 USD. This with respect to the species valued in the Bank of the Pacific in Ecuador. It can also be at any of your correspondents.
This taking into account that they are located throughout the national territory by means of the code that has been given to you previously.
- After having done what we mentioned before, you must go back to the SAM, that is, the Migratory Support Services available at the national level.
- This time it is to be able to issue the invoice and be able to obtain a shift for which you will be attended.
- To finish you will receive your Certificate of Migratory Movements in a valued way through the shift that was assigned to you.
Procedure to follow under the Online Modality for the Certificate of Migratory Movements:
- First, you must access the web portal through which you are going to search for the requested pages.
- Then you will enter the SAM website and you will go to the option that says «go to the online procedure». You will find this option on the page.
- You are going to proceed to complete by filling in the fields that are presented to you in a mandatory way, you will get a digital form.
- You will provide the information that is requested in said form that is established for you.
- Later you will receive a notification that contains a record of the submission of the request you made. This will be by the Directorate of Migration Control of the Ministry of Government.
- Finally, you must follow up on the indications that are exposed to you to continue and be able to finish the process.
Where to get the Certificate of Migratory Movements?
There are several places where you can get the Certificate of Migratory Movements and it is important that you know each one of them. In this section we are going to present you a list in which you will have at your fingertips each of the locations where you can carry out this procedure.
Units located in each Province to process the Certificate of Migratory Movements
The hours in which these units receive people to be able to provide their services and attend them is from Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. We are also going to tell you some of those that are available.
- Cuenca unit in the province of Azuay. Address: Av. España y Eli Liut. Mariscal La Mar Airport.
- Tulcán unit in the province of Carchi. Address: Panamericana norte kilometer 0.00, Rumichaca International Bridge, CENAF Rumichaca Building.
- Latacunga unit in the province of Cotopaxi. Address: Calle General Maldonado y Napo.
- Machala Unit in the province of El Oro. Address: Calle 9 de Mayo between Manuel Serrano and Manuel Estomba, Sub Zone 7 Police Command, Machala.
- Esmeraldas unit in Esmeraldas province. Address: Puerto Pesquero Artesanal Building CAC.
- Unit of Santa Cruz and San Cristóbal in the province of Galapagos. Address: 155 Charles Binford Street and 12 de Febrero Street, Barrio Central, city of Puerto Ayora, Isla Santa Cruz canton.
- Guayaquil unit in the province of Guayas. Address: Av. Luis Plaza Dañin, Joaquin Gallegos Lara Building.
- Ibarra unit in the province of Ibabura. Address: Luis Fernando Villamar y Olmedo, together with the firefighters.
- Quito unit in the province of Pichincha. Address: Av. Amazonas N32-171 and Av. Repíblica.
Who Should Apply?
This document can be requested by any citizen, it is important that you know this since there are some certifications that present restrictions on who can request it. The Certificate of Migratory Movements it will be requested by ordinary citizens.
Any natural person, whether national or foreign, can carry out this procedure if they require and need this certificate. This allows you to easily and clearly obtain the record of when you entered and left Ecuadorian territory. This is what corresponds to this document. Now, this includes both people of origin and nationalized in Ecuador and foreign people residing in the territory.
This is a document that is based on some laws, it is essential that you know them beforehand before making the request to process the Certificate of Migratory Movements. There are two laws that we are going to explain to you, in detail, and that are related directly with the procedure.
Laws by which this process is guided:
- The first law to mention is the Organic Law of Human Mobility, of which we will highlight article number 124. Click here for you to delve into this legislation.
This law touches on the issue of citizens’ immigration registration. It says that all people have the obligation and duty to register, when entering and leaving Ecuadorian territory. This must be done before the competent authorities of migration control.
It also says that in the areas where the borders are integrated, some exceptions can be applied regarding the registration established in the Law. This then applies to the cases of instruments ratified internationally by Ecuador.
- The second law that we are going to mention is that of the Regulation to the Organic Law of Human Mobility, citing the same article, 124. Click here to expand this information further.
Here too, we talk about the registration of people regarding their entry and exit from the national territory. Through the Ministry of the Interior, the area that is in charge of carrying out and keeping control of those who enter and leave Ecuador at ports.
In addition, they carry out this process at airports and at border crossings, the respective records and pertinent observations must be made. These must be done in the migration computer system, in accordance with what has been established in the Organic Law of Human Mobility.
What is the Certificate of Migratory Movements?
As we have been talking about, in the previous sections, the Certificate of Migratory Movements It is a document that has the function of enforcing the registration of the entry and exit you have to Ecuador. It is important that you take this into account when making a visit or obtaining residence in the South American country so that the authorities make a due control.
This is a certificate that is valid for 30 days, that is, the time in which it can work is established for one month. And doing the processing to request it has a cost of about $ 5.00.
We hope you liked and found what was presented in this article useful.
Until next time!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Ecuador
Related articles that may interest you