The Scrutiny Certificate It is a written record that is filled out at the end of an electoral process. For this reason, in the Republic of Argentina this document is very important to guarantee the transparency of the process. In this regard, the Scrutiny Act accredits the final result of the vote.
According to the above, if you are a member of a polling station in a suffrage process, then this article interests you. In this sense, you will know what this certificate consists of, how to fill it out and what important data it contains. This accreditation is vital for the highest electoral body in Argentina.
How to Obtain the Certificate of Scrutiny?
Next, it is important that you know that the Scrutiny Certificate It is the photograph of an electoral process carried out at some point. In said document, the number of voters for the act, the number of ballots, the total of valid and invalid votes, protested votes, etc. will be recorded.
Based on the above, it is important that you know the procedure to generate this certificate. If you are still not clear about this process and you were selected as a member of the polling station, then you should continue reading what follows.
First of all, if you want to have access to Certificate of Scrutiny, you must be a member of the polling station. Also, not be just any member but the head of the table. Therefore, the person who assumes that position is the one who completes the Scrutiny Act and manages it with the electoral authorities.
Consequently, to obtain the Scrutiny Certificate The following steps must be completed, as required by the electoral statutes, established by the National Electoral Chamber (CNE) in the southern country:
- You must be elected as the highest authority of a polling station by the supreme electoral body.
- Compulsory attend the inductions carried out by said entity regarding the functions of a voting station chief during a voting process.
- Go to the entire election day from very early to attend to the end of the entire process together with the other members of the polling station.
- Once the voting process and the counting of votes are completed, the head of the polling station fills out the Certificate of Scrutiny and signs it jointly with the other members and the witnesses of the polling station.
On the other hand, remember that the CNE chooses you as a member of the polling station from a call that is made for those interested. Indeed, if you wish to participate in the process, you must go to the registration of this activity to become a member, through the official link of the electoral body.
Be an Authority at the Voting Table
In relation to the aforementioned, the person who has the competence to fill out, sign and obtain the Scrutiny Certificate must be the highest authority of the polling station. For this reason, to be head of the voting table, it is necessary to comply with the conditions that we indicate here:
- The citizen who wishes to be responsible for the polling station must be a person with the capacity to vote.
- Be of legal age.
- The person who aspires to the position of head of the polling station must not be older than 70 years.
- He must be domiciled in the jurisdiction where the voting table he is going to preside will be installed.
- The applicant must be able to read and write.
- Be registered in the Argentine electoral registry.
- Not having affiliation with any movement or political party.
According to the aforementioned, if a citizen complies with these provisions, they can go to the CNE summons. In this way, you will be able to register as a candidate to be the head of the polling station.
How is the Certificate of Scrutiny Completed?
In another vein, to guarantee a transparent electoral process, the role played by the authority of a polling station is very important. Therefore, filling the Scrutiny Certificate, to avoid irregularities and doubts in the voting process.
If you do not know the process for filling out this accreditation, Don’t stop, focus and keep reading carefully! so that there are no problems during the end of election day. Remember that a transparent electoral process strengthens democracy and justice:
- The first step for the head of the polling station to fill out the certificate is to indicate on the paper the number of citizens who exercised their right to vote.
- Record the number of ballots that were used at the polls.
- Show (if it is the case) the differential between the number of voting citizens and the number of ballots used.
- Classify and total the valid, null, contested by witnesses and blank votes.
- Indicate the number of the polling station, center to exercise suffrage and electoral circuit.
- Sign the certificate by the head of the table, the other members and the assigned substitutes, as well as the table witnesses.
It is important that the column with vote discrimination matches the total number of voters who exercised their right at that polling station.
In addition, several copies of the certificate are signed, one copy is placed in the ballot box, another copy is sent to each prosecutor or witness at the polling station and the last copy remains in the hands of the head of the polling station.
Importance of the Scrutiny Certificate
In another vein, the Scrutiny Certificate It is a relevant document, because its content establishes the history of a voting day at each of the polling stations. Therefore, the results reflected there must be consistent to avoid doubts and mistrust arising in the process.
On the other hand, this counting instrument is essential to carry out subsequent audits of electoral notebooks in order to shield the voting process and not leave gaps in the final results of any election.
Additionally, the Scrutiny Certificate allows the highest authority of the polling station to indicate in a section, the news or any note of interest associated with the development of the working day. These notes will reinforce any inconsistencies that may be determined by subsequent audits.
It should be noted that the CNE manages various technical and statistical instruments to monitor a specific electoral process in Argentina. Thus, to certify its results in the circuits and polling stations, it uses the Scrutiny Act.
According to the aforementioned, said act is the accreditation of the suffrage carried out on an electoral day, with the seat of the voters who attended the polls and the result of the election. In this sense, if you are the head of a polling station, it is necessary that you know how to fill out said act:
- The number of people who exercised their right to vote must be completed.
- Write down the number of ballots that went to the polls.
- Total (if applicable) the differential between the number of voters and the number of ballots used.
- Select and total the valid votes, the invalid votes, the votes challenged by witnesses and blank.
- Indicate the number of voting station, dependency where the table is located and the vote is exercised
- Take note of the electoral circuit.
- Sign the aforementioned minutes by the head of the table, the other members and the assigned substitutes, as well as the table witnesses.
It is important that the column with vote discrimination matches the total number of voters who exercised their right at that polling station. All this in order to guarantee the transparency and security of the electoral process.
What is the Certificate of Scrutiny?
In Argentina, as in any democratic country, whose authorities are elected by universal suffrage, it is necessary to have a safe and transparent electoral body. In this regard, the CNE is the technical body capable of carrying out this important task.
According to the aforementioned, the electoral body uses, according to its regulations, various instruments and formats to demonstrate the results of the electoral process. For that he has the Certificate of Scrutiny, which is a report that the head of the voting table fills out at the end of the electoral day.
This document indicates the total vote that was carried out in the polling station, the number of voters, the total number of ballots used at the polls, the total distribution of valid and invalid votes, the electoral result, the polling station data, among other data.
In short, if you aspire to be head of a voting station, we assure you that this article has all the general information you need. This is how we show you what the Scrutiny Certificate and how to fill it. Also, how to obtain said document and the guidelines to be a board member.
Additionally, if you already know the importance of the CNE as the body responsible for electoral processes in Argentina, you have also been able to know that the Scrutiny Certificate It is a report of the counting of the votes counted at a certain polling station.
Finally, with this document duly completed by the head of the polling station, the guarantee of a reliable process and therefore of valid results is promoted to strengthen the values of democracy and social justice.
With the Certificate of Scrutiny, democracy wins, Argentina wins!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Argentina
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar