The COTI certificate It is essential to carry out all the procedures regarding the sale or transfer of a property. Similarly, this document is available on the AFIP web platforms.
However, in order to obtain this certificate it is important to comply with a series of rCompulsory precautions and requirements. For this reason, in this article we will tell you about the steps, documents and other aspects of this certificate.
Keep reading this article!
Requirements for the COTI Certificate
First of all, the Real Estate Transfer Offer Code, known as COTI, is an essential document that an individual must have if they want to sell their property. Similarly, the issuance of the COTI certificate it is headed by the Federal Administration of Public Revenues.
In other words, the COTI is a document that reflects a code that allows you to negotiate your apartment, house or other asset in the real estate market. The latter is based on General Regulation 2371 that requires the mandatory issuance of the certificate to proceed with the sale.
Likewise, the Federal Administration of Public Revenues (AFIP), requires that the property reflected in the COTI certificate is valued at 1,500,000 Argentine pesos. In addition, applicants for this certificate must take into account the validity period, which is approximately (24) months.
Now, if you are interested in selling your property and obtaining the money for which it is listed on the market, then we recommend that you read this section. By informing you about the COTI certificate, You will realize that you must count a series of mandatory requirements and resources required by the AFIP.
Next, we will tell you each one of them:
- Personal Identification (DNI).
- Unique Tax Identification Certificate (CUIT).
- In addition, to have the Unique Certificate of Labor Identification (CUIL).
- Also, the Identification Code (CDI).
- Fiscal key.
- Number of updated phones.
- Valid ownership document.
- Home address.
- Location of the property.
- Others pertinent to the process.
Presentation of documents
- Each one of the collections must be delivered in original form and a photocopy.
- As well as, all those documents that have stamps and / or signatures, must be fully legible and without falsifications.
- Finally, we suggest that the papers to be consigned do not have erasures or amendments.
After collecting all the documents listed above, you must comply with a series of steps to ensure the success of this process. Keep reading!:
- Get a good internet connection.
- Use trusted browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
- Access the AFIP website.
- Buda in the main menu the option »Real Estate Transfer».
- Next, write the applicant’s name in the «Company selection» option.
- Mark «COTI Certificate».
- Do you want to know more about the steps to obtain the COTI Certificate? Don’t wait any longer and read our next section!
Steps to Follow to Obtain the COTI Certificate
As mentioned above, the COTI certificate It is crucial to process the sale of a property. However, to obtain it, a series of instructions must be followed, in order to have a quick and easy process.
For this reason, in this section we will tell you about each of them:
Submit all required documents
- Identification Key.
- Go to the Web page of AFIP.
- Check the option «Property Transfer».
- Next, in the «Company Selection» option, enter the name of the individual who is carrying out the procedure.
- Look for the «COTI» option.
- Put all the required documentation in the option «Register COTI».
- Write the percentage, confirm if you are the seller of the property and other requested information.
- Press the «OK» button and wait for the system to load all the data.
- Verify that all the data placed in the system is correct.
- The system needs to confirm the information provided again, so you must place each of the previously requested documents.
- Finally, click «OK» and wait for the document to be scanned.
- Now, if you checked that all the data is correct and there are no omissions, you can proceed to «Print» the COTI certificate.
- To do this, you must select the Print button.
- Then, you will choose the number, size and destination of the print.
- To finish the process, you can choose the option «Associate real estate».
- Enjoy your COTI Certificate!
On the other hand, there are other types of information channels that will allow you to have your COTI certificate. So, don’t wait any longer, read all the means that AFIP has for you:
- Call «Customer Service» at 0810-999-2347.
- Contact the operator in service and provide all your data.
- Request the COTI certificate.
- Verify that all the data is correct and wait for the operator’s instructions.
- Go to the offices to collect your COTI certificate.
- Locate the AFIP offices closest to your home.
- Go to «Customer Service» and ask for a guide to get your COTI certificate.
- Wait to be served and then provide all the requested requirements.
- Check your certificate and enjoy it.
Who is exempt from the COTI?
In various procedures offered by AFIP, there are exceptions regarding the issuance process. This happens more than everything in extraordinary situations or by decrees of Law. For this reason, the COTI is one of the procedures that has a section to exempt certain cases.
Next, we present each one of them:
- Legal sales.
- Properties expropriated by the State.
- Diplomatic corps.
- Ambassadors, Consuls, relatives of diplomats and technical personnel of international organizations.
Another point that the applicant must take into consideration is the payment of the COTI. In accordance with the provisions of the Real Estate Law, the AFIP does not have the power to make a payment associated with this certificate.
While the COTI certificate It is a very important procedure to carry out the sale of a property. However, it is not a tax or tribute that the individual must cancel, but rather it is an associated code.
Similarly, it is essential that Argentine citizens do not confuse the COTI with the ITI. The latter is known as the Property Transfer Tax. In other words, this is a tribute that you must pay to carry out the sale negotiation. However, the ITI is canceled between the seller and the buyer.
Who pays the COTI?
In the previous section, it was mentioned that the issuance of this procedure is completely free. In the same way, it is concluded that the only procedure that must be canceled is the Property Transfer Tax (ITI).
Next, we will tell you the people who must cancel the ITI:
Yes, as you read it. Both individuals must make this payment, before making any type of property transfer. As well as, make sure you have all the current documents to cancel the corresponding Tax or tribute. Still don’t know what they are? Here we tell you all!
- Identification Document (DNI).
- Receipt of payment.
- Telephone number and current address of residence.
- Proof of the Property Transfer process. For more information, we suggest you go to page of AFIP.
Yes OK, andl COTI certificate it has no cost to be issued. However, you can consider some associated costs to make the process effective. Read it all here !:
- Updating of other procedures.
- Other relevant.
What is the COTI Certificate for?
The Certificate of the Offer Code for the Transfer of Real Estate is a certificate that the owner of a property must process to sell or negotiate it. This procedure must be carried out through the Federal Administration of Public Revenues, in order to register on the website the application process for the COTI certificate.
In addition, this document is mainly a code issued by this institution to identify your property from other houses, apartments or land. Likewise, the certificate is available to all Argentine citizens who wish to begin the process of selling their apartment to improve their quality of life.
Now, in this section we will answer the most frequent doubts of the users who carry out this procedure. Find out everything here !:
What is the COTI Certificate?
The Property Transfer Certificate is a tool that is enabled on the AFIP website. Similarly, this certificate is valid for those citizens who wish to sell their property for a value above 1,500,000 Argentine pesos.
Also, it is important to know all the requirements and precautions to issue this document through the AFIP web platform. As well as, it is essential to know that you should not cancel any amount to issue this document. So, remember that only the ITI payment is made.
Next, we will tell you all the data that your should have COTI certificate:
- Names and surnames.
- Property value.
- Date of issuance of the document.
- Phone number.
- Home address.
- Other relevant.
Do you want to sell your property?
Don’t forget to process your COTI Certificate!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Argentina
Related articles that may interest you