The Criminal record, It is a very important legal document because it is the only one that shows whether a person has this type of background or is free of pampering. In addition, it is essential when looking for work.
It is for this reason that, below, we will explain: the requirements you need, the steps you must follow to obtain it, who needs it and delivers it, its function and, we conclude with its definition.
Requirements for the Criminal Record Certificate
Normally, to start obtaining any type of certificate, organizations and institutions require or require a series of specific documents. This certificate, being a legal document, is not exempt from these requirements.
But, don’t worry, because below, we will show you a detailed list of all the requirements requested and demanded so that you can start the process to obtain this type of certificate.
- As a main requirement, if you want to obtain this certificate you must be over 14 years old.
- Identity card. It must be in perfect condition
- If the certificate is requested by a third party, it must carry its identity card and a power of attorney.
- Likewise, you also have to have your Unique Key.
- Now, if you do not have the Unique Key, you must request it in the following way:
- First, you must go to one of the Civil Registry offices.
- Then, you have to make the respective request to the official present.
- Later, it will give you an Activation Code.
- Enter the website of Unique Key.
- There you can Activate the Unique Key.
- Finally, you must to complete the form. Remember to follow the directions and enter the CActivation code.
Steps to Obtain the Criminal Record Certificate
After the explanation of the requirements, we continue with the steps you must follow to obtain this certificate. It is very important that you follow everything to the letter, since this is a process that must be given a lot of attention and care.
There are two ways to obtain this type of certificate. And these are: online and by office. Next, we will explain what are the steps you must follow so that you have it in both ways:
- First you must enter the following page: Click here.
- Subsequently, you must write your Unique National Role and the Unique Code.
- Then, click on the option: Authenticate.
- Important fact: in case you are not registered, you must request a unique password.
- When you are on the institution’s website, you must click on the option: Download.
- Now, if you want a copy of the document, you must write your email and click on: Send.
- Finally, you have the request for this certificate ready.
- In a short time you will have the document in your email where you can download it.
- In office:
- Here, the first thing you should do is gather the requested and required background information.
- Then, you should go to the office of the Civil Registry and Identification Service that is the most convenient and closest for you.
- Later, you have to detail the reason for your visit, in this case it is: Request the Criminal Record Certificate.
- Now, you must deliver all the requested documents.
- Also, you have to cancel a fixed value for each document.
- Finally, you will obtain your certificate immediately.
Who Needs the Criminal Record Certificate?
This point of the article is quite important. Since, in general, there are usually doubts when requesting this document because they do not know who can do it. However, here we will show you who are those who need this document.
Likewise, this type of certificate is intended only for those natural persons who need this document. And, if a case arises where one person must represent another, he or she must have a specific power of attorney to be able to make the request for this background certificate.
It is important to note that, to request the request for this document online, you must have your Unique Key. In case you don’t have it, don’t worry, you just have to request it by following the steps mentioned in previous points.
However, all citizens of Chilean nationality, who are located outside the country, have the right to request this document. They can do it through the consulates or, failing that, online. You must bear in mind that you must also have the Unique Key to do it.
In addition to this, we must emphasize that this type of procedure can be carried out throughout the year in different ways. For example: it can be done by the website, digital civil APP, self-service totems, Civil Registry offices and ChileAtiende modules.
What is the Criminal Record Certificate for?
It is convenient that you know the function and purpose of this certificate, since in many cases it is not usually given the importance it deserves. That is why, below, we will explain what this type of document is for.
In short, despite being a fairly unknown document for many people, its importance when it comes to wanting to carry out some type of paperwork is undeniable. Since, it is precisely this certificate that accredits to any institution, organization or company, the lack or, failing that, the existence of a criminal record.
In addition to this, the criminal record document is the one that will determine the future of a citizen, whether foreign or not. In addition, the request for the same is not only for natural persons, but also includes legal persons.
Likewise, there is a wide variety of procedures in which this certificate is considered one of the main and essential requirements or documents. An example of these procedures may be the following:
- Weapons permit application.
- Opposition to public office.
- Justice Administration Personnel.
- Civil Guard.
- Security guard.
- Among many others.
On the other hand, and giving a focus to foreign citizens, the same to be able to make applications for: residence, visa or, the most common, work or studies, this document is totally mandatory.
As we have mentioned in a previous point, there are several ways to obtain this document if you are a foreign citizen. That is, you can do it in person, by going to a consulate, you can also do it online or by phone.
Finally, they must complete a specific form for this procedure, present proof of their identity and make the respective payments or payments at the rates set by the entity.
Who delivers it?
This certificate is issued only by Civil Registry of Chile, and, in case you are a foreigner, this document will be issued on Consulate of Chile that corresponds to where you are today. Likewise, you also have the possibility of obtaining it digitally through the Civil Registry Service System.
It should be noted that this type of certificate or document can be done anywhere in the world and at any time. That is, you can make the request throughout the year through the different means offered, such as, through the website, the Civil Digital APP, self-service totems, Civil Registry offices or ChileAtiende modules.
Finally, you should know that in order for you to carry out any type of procedure in another country, you must first justify or verify that you have no criminal record or judicial record. Generally, this procedure is carried out by the country’s administration. However, they can ask that you deliver it yourself.
What is it?
To end this article, we are going to introduce you to the meaning of this type of certificate. Well, this certificate is in charge of showing if a person has a criminal record or, failing that, he or she lacks them. This type of certificate is issued, commonly, for those who wish to seek employment.
In short, this document is the one that will demonstrate whether or not a person is in the special registry of individuals who have been convicted of violence. Likewise, the legal consequences of these acts will be recorded in an official register for a specified period of time.
Added to this, the criminal record will have a not so positive effect or influence on various aspects of the person’s life. We must emphasize that it is precisely the workplace that will be most affected. However, this will always depend on the type of legislation handled in each country.
A fairly frequent question is: Who is allowed to request a criminal record certificate?Well, this certificate can be requested by any natural person of legal age and any legal person through their legal representatives.
Finally, you should keep in mind that this request can be made in three different ways: in person, through email, and also online. Take into account that this will only be available for 24 hours. For more information about this type of certificate and more, visit the official website of the Civil Registry, Click here.
To end our writing, we invite you to help us share the information. See you soon!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Chile
Related articles that may interest you