This article will explain everything related to DIAN Form 490. The National Tax and Customs Directorate of Colombia (DIAN) is an entity that is in charge of guaranteeing the fiscal security of the Colombian territory. In addition, the protection of economic public order.
It is important to note that both legal and natural persons must have form 490 to cancel national taxes. Therefore, if you are interested in this topic, we recommend that you continue reading.
DIAN Form 490 Format
DIAN informs taxpayers that they do not have the digital certificate or completed it through the Electronic Information Services. Your transaction tax returns highlighting the Form 300 and the national tax receipt, which refers to form 490 of the DIAN. It will generate two barcodes, which you will not need a sticker when you have presented it to the authorized financial companies.
This type of form 490 DIAN It must be used by all legal entities as natural persons.
Both citizens and companies can find and download the DIAN Form 490, In the next link.
You should take into account that before completing the form, you must have at hand your document in which the debt has originated, in order to fill it out in the appropriate way.
You can review the coding tables in the instruction book or on the DIAN web portal, locating Citizen Service, then forms, forms and instructions.
Parts of the form
At first you can see that having the form 490 DIANYou will notice that each option you must fill is determined by a number. For example: one must put the year, two the concept, three the period and the fourth the form number
You must read carefully to answer the following information:
- Place the number of Tax Identification (NIT).
- DV or check digit.
- Name and surname.
- Describe the business name.
- Sectional Address Code.
- In that case, make it a big contributor, you must mark the box with an x.
- Add the judicial identification number.
- Date of deposit, highlighting the year, month and day.
- Quota number.
- The form number.
- Official act number.
- Date of the official act.
- The date for the payment of this receipt.
- Title code.
- Below you will see the information for joint and several or subsidiary debtor.
- Finally you must place the total payment.
What is DIAN Form 490 for?
The DIAN Form 480 works to make a payment in the following concepts such as: income, sales, penalties (Independent resolution), payment of withholdings that do not require filing of a declaration (in fixed active sales vessel, payments for occasional profit).
It also works for the sanction of consolidated statement transfer prices, income withholding, stamp sales, special contribution at notaries and tax on financial movements.
It is important to note that the DIAN has evolved to modernize that citizens have an approach in accessing the forms quickly. In such a way, the people who complete the appropriate forms will be in the entity database.
Finally, this entity informs that the tax forms will also have this modality, so that citizens gradually get used to the change.
Who should fill it out?
As mentioned above, Form 490 must be processed by all natural persons such as legal, responsible, joint or subsidiary persons that make tax payments in the Colombian territory. For any taxable year, except for customs taxes and exchange obligations, for which there is another receipt.
It is important to note that the citizen must specify the date of presentation at the bank, in box 32 of form 490. If the date It is not related to the presentation, the form will be rejected by the banking company.
In the event that the citizen or the institution needs to enter the filing service, the user must enter the DIAN web portal, they will look for the option «Registered users», put your identification. Next, you will have to click on the enter button and give the option Fill out / Submit.
Finally, you must select the form to fill out.
It is worth emphasizing that in the receipt of the DIAN Form 490You will be able to find an Instruction for the completion of the receipt of the payment of national taxes. The boxes to be filled must be filled out and approximated to the nearest multiple of 1,000.
In the event that there is no specific amount to register, should write zero. You will have to fill out a receipt for each concept and period for which you are going to make payments.
In the instructions, each number that you must fill in each box has its meaning, some that can be mentioned are the following:
- In the box of the concept of year, the person must enter the period for which they have to cancel the payment.
- The concept, you must put your code that corresponds to the type of obligation, which you will have to cancel according to the table that appears in the file.
- Period, there you must write the period at which you have to cancel the payment, with respect to what the table dictates.
- At form numberYou must put the unique number assigned by DIAN to one of the forms.
- Tax identification number (NIT), place the tax identification number assigned to citizens by the DIAN.
- The DV, is the number found in your separate TIN. It is also called a Check Digit.
- If he taxpayer If you are a natural person, you must write the first surname, as it appears on the identity document. And so it should apply with surnames.
- The Business name, it is when the taxpayer is a natural person or, in that case, a de facto society. This box should not be filled out when the declaration or official act on which the corresponding payment is being made to a natural person.
- There are approximately 48 boxes with their respective meaning.
What is DIAN?
The National Tax and Customs Directorate (DIAN) It is an entity assigned to the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit. It was created as a Special Administrative Unit, with respect to Decree 2117 in 1992.
But in 1993 the Directorate of National Taxes (DIN) with the National Customs Directorate (DIAN).
The jurisdiction of the DIAN is in the national territory and the main domicile is in the city of Bogotá
The main objective of the Directorate of National Taxes and Customs (DIAN), is that it contributes and collaborates in guaranteeing the fiscal security of the Colombian territory and the protection, the tranquility of the economic public order, regarding the administration and the tax, customs, exchange rates, etc.
Allow and endorse the understanding and compliance with tax, customs and exchange duties, to help the fiscal security of the state and the competitiveness of the national territory.
DIAN wants to be recognized as an important entity and benchmark of the state. In addition, from other administrations in the world, producing confidence and satisfaction in the interest groups.
In DIAN there are several values that make up its organization and they are the following:
- The honesty.
- The Responsibility.
- The innovation.
- And Justice.
What is DIAN Form 490?
The DIAN Form 490It is a document that must be made by all citizens, which must cancel the payment of National Taxes.
To conclude, this form is essential for all people, so that there is an order in the national territory and there are no more debts. If you need to communicate with this entity, in the following link you can see that there are several contact points, throughout the Colombian territory.
The citizen can also go to its main headquarters which is located in Bogotá, Central Level, San Agustín Building. The opening hours are from Monday to Friday, from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar