It can happen to anyone to come home and not find the wallet, or perhaps to have left the credit card in an establishment. If that is your case, here you will find information that can help you report that personal document in the Document Loss Form. Remember that the loss of a personal document can allow others to impersonate your identity and thus link you with illegal acts.
The process is no longer complicated, nor do you have to fill out stamps and waste a lot of valuable time in state offices. With the functionality that the Judicial Council has implemented, the process to report lost documents is simple and fast.
Stay with us and keep reading for more information!
How to Fill Out the Document Loss Form?
The first thing you should do is enter the page that contains the Document Loss Form. You can do it by clicking HERE.
Once you have the form on the screen, proceed to provide the information they ask for. The form consists of 4 subsections:
- Applicant details
- Loss data
- Detail of lost documents
- Detail of lost bank documents
This subsection must provide the data that identifies you as the applicant and owner of the documents that you are going to report as missing. To do this, you must fill in the following:
- ID Type. Here a menu is displayed in which you can select one of the four types of options:
- Citizenship card. It is a document that contains the identification number granted by the Civil Registry to citizens who have Ecuadorian nationality.
- Identity card. It is the document that contains the identification number granted by the Civil Registry to foreigners who legally reside in Ecuador.
- Passport. It is the identification document that has international validity and is issued by the authorities of each country.
- National identity document. It is the identification document that is granted by the authorities of another country for their nationals or foreigners legally residing in it.
- Identification number. It is an alphanumeric and / or numeric number found in the document that you selected in the previous box that identifies you as the bearer.
- Complete names. In this box you must put your full name. It is important that you know that this field does not allow numbers or special characters.
- Province of domicile. Here you must select your province of residence. The values of this field are limited to the provinces of the Republic of Ecuador.
- Canton of domicile. Select the Canton where you are domiciled according to the province.
- Home address. Enter your home address here. This field is 250 characters maximum.
Once you have identified yourself, you must provide the information of the place where the documents were lost. For this you must fill in the following fields:
- Province of loss. In this field you must select the province where the document (s) were lost. The values of this field are limited to the provinces of the Republic of Ecuador.
- Canton of loss. Select the Canton where the document (s) was lost, considering the province.
- Address or circumstance of loss. Here you will enter the address where the document (s) was lost (or misplaced). If you do not remember it, write a brief description of the circumstance in which the event occurred.
- Date when you lost the documents. Enter the date on which you lost the document (s) in this field.
Detail of lost documents
In this subsection you will be able to indicate the detail of the document (or documents) lost that is not of a bank type. The first thing you should do is press the option «Add a new document”And fill in the following fields:
- Document type. You must select the type of NON-BANK document that you lost.
- Document number. Enter the number of the document you lost. This field does not allow blank spaces.
- Document description. Here you must indicate the description of the document you are referring to. This field only allows 500 characters.
Detail of lost bank documents
In this subsection you will be able to indicate the detail of the lost document (or documents) that is (are) of a bank type. The first thing you should do is press the option «Add a new document”And fill in the following fields:
- Financial entities of the Republic of Ecuador. In this field you must select the bank that issued the document that you lost. If your bank is not found within the options, select «other» and manually include the name of the bank.
- Document type. Select the type of bank document lost.
- Document description. Provide the description of the bank document you are referring to.
Once you have filled in all the fields in the Document Loss Form requested, enter the captcha code and click the «OK» button. This procedure saves the information in the database of the Judicial Council.
Once you have registered the document, you must select the option «View Form» to display the options where your declaration will be saved in PDF format. Once the document has been saved in PDF format, select the «Exit» option.
Remember that the form of your declaration may be required by a public or private institution, so you should save it in a location that you remember without complication. Also, we advise you to put a file name that allows you to easily identify it.
Who Should Do It?
If you lost any personal identification document and you are Ecuadorian or foreigner with an identity card or citizenship number, you must fill out this form. It also applies to legal persons.
This procedure is necessary, as it allows you to generate the antecedent of loss and thus avoids the possibility of having eventual legal problems. If you want more information about it, you can visit the Judiciary’s Lost Documents System page by clicking HERE.
How to do the procedure?
The process to fill out Document Loss Form It is very simple, but you must have the following:
- Internet access.
- Have at hand the number of citizenship card; identity card; passport; or, national identity document.
It is important that you bear in mind that the main responsibility, in case of registering false information, falls on you as the person who registered the certificate. Therefore, check all the fields before submitting the form to avoid incidents.
Usefulness of the Document Loss Form
The main utility of Document Loss Form is that it allows you to save a lot of time in the process. Previously, recording the loss of a personal information document was very cumbersome.
You had to move to a judicial unit, waste time waiting to be treated and then you had to wait for the long process. Not only because of the number of stamps required, but also because of the number of signatures.
Now, with the functionality implemented with the online form, you just have to have little time and you can do it from your home or office. The delay that previously impacted the effectiveness of the judicial management for this process and the headaches that the bureaucratic wait entailed have already been eliminated.
Now the system not only records the loss of the document, but also issues a record that you can save on your computer. All this without leaving your home or office and without waiting for stamps or signatures.
What is the Document Loss Form?
The Document Loss Form, is a functionality implemented by the Council of the Judiciary to facilitate notification of loss of personal documents.
This procedure is not intended to replace the documents that you lost, but it does prevent you from uncomfortable legal situations. Well, when registering the loss, you leave proof of its loss in the Judicial Council.
For the purposes of this form, personal documents are those that prove the identity of an individual or empower him to carry out some activity. For example, national identity document, passport, driver’s license, etc.
Personal documents are also those bank documents that generate a commitment between the person and the financial identity, such as credit cards.
Non-bank personal documents are issued by a state authority and may be required by public or private institutions to carry out various procedures. Keep in mind that they not only prove your identity, but also empower you to carry out some activities.
Remember, reporting the loss of personal documents is very easy through the functionality implemented by the Council of the Judiciary. Don’t let carelessness cause you problems that could be avoided.
Thanks for reading us!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Ecuador
Related articles that may interest you