The Food Handling Certificate It is a document that reflects and guarantees the skills you have in the field of food management. That is, it corresponds to obtaining knowledge in situations of hygiene, production and storage of products. In addition, it ensures the complete health security of the entity in which you work.
In the same way, being an employee of food institutions, it is essential that you carry out previous training. At the same time, these consist of better specializing in the aforementioned area. Here we will tell you all about the requirements you must meet, how to prepare, what you must do to complete your application and much more.
Requirements for the Food Handling Certificate
Initially, working in this area involves taking a lot of risks. That is why you must take into account the aspects for the Food Handling Certificate with high levels of social importance. Therefore, among the requirements that you must necessarily meet are the following:
- Preparation in the field of hygiene and food safety
- Adequate application of these learned techniques
- Present the document that certifies both requirements
- Have an adequate process of personal hygiene that includes a good state of body cleanliness
- Data that guarantee your health training in the specific area in which you will carry out your work
- Reflect the medical check-up that demonstrates your quality of health
Thus, the responsibility for cleanliness and sanitation is something that falls mainly on you and the other workers. With which, it is necessary that you carry out health studies constantly. Thus, situations of diseases and infections within the company in which you are working will be avoided. Likewise, these prevention methods must be followed.
Steps to Obtain the Food Handling Certificate
Similarly, to get the Food Handling Certificate you must successfully complete the respective course. At the same time, this preparation must be provided by a validated institution for this purpose. Thus, once you verify if authorization in the area, you must pass the evaluations and put hygiene techniques into practice.
Below we mention the series of steps and suggestions that you must take into account to receive this document:
- Find out about the food handling courses available near your place of residence
- Verify that the preparation of the one you choose is complete and adequate
- Carry out the registration process on the institution’s web portal
- Consult the techniques and skills that you will learn soon
- Remain in the disposition to present the evaluative test and pass it successfully
- Specify the cancellation of the respective payment to the amount stipulated by the house of studies
- When obtaining the certificate, download it as a file
- Then print it
Likewise, it is likely that you notice that this process is quite simple and is surely within your absolute reach. In the same way, it is necessary that you stay up to date about the best preparation courses. Later, by specializing, you will proceed to be a comprehensive employer and keep the health of many safe.
To conclude, we can tell you that these training programs can include a virtual modality at the beginning of the course. Therefore, the theoretical or written knowledge part can be from the comfort of your home. However, to complete this learning journey, you will need to go to the facility and demonstrate known skills.
Benefits of the Food Handling Certificate
On the other hand, it is essential that you know the variety of benefits provided by receiving this certificate. However, this does not correspond only to the action itself of obtaining it. But it also includes learning and skills that will serve you well throughout your life. With which, some of its privileges are:
- Lots of job opportunities
- Obtaining extensive preparation in terms of general culture aspects
- Learning within ingredient management areas, in case you work in restaurants or food service services
- Avoid getting involved in circumstances unhygienic
- Conservation and storage of food products in good condition
- Extremely valuable skills when you perform food handling tasks
- Guarantee of health in diverse environments
- Protection against food and product spoilage
Who Issues the Food Handling Certificate?
Likewise, once the requirements for the Food Handling Certificate and some benefits, it is due to highlight another aspect. That is why, something that is also essential for this topic is knowing where the document comes from. Therefore, it must be said that in Colombia there are many legal organizations that issue it.
Below we will indicate some of the certifications within the food sector and the issuing bodies:
First, we can express that among the mandatory certifications by places such as restaurants are:
- The Sanitary Registry
- Phyto / zoosanitary document
- Good Manufacturing Practices (BPM)
- HACCP, certificate required for the export of products to countries in North America and Europe. Thus, we can specify in maritime products, fruit juices, pulps, among others.
- These certifications are granted by the Colombian Agricultural Institute
In the same way, regarding the food sector in general, we can specify the requirements for exceptional certificates such as:
- (GMP) Good Manufacturing Practices, which corresponds to the basic skills and practices of sanitation, creation, storage, packaging, distribution and transportation of products for consumption
- In the same way, it fulfills the main objective of guaranteeing the good condition of each food. As well as adequate compliance with hygiene and care protocols
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) includes prevention methods to cover contamination risks. Therefore, identify, evaluate and avoid these circumstances during the production process from start to finish.
- These certificates are provided in case of issuance by INVIMA
Finally, we proceed to inform you about other certifications that have the same importance as the previous ones. Some of them can be:
- (Euregap) Global Gap, is governed by a private issue and its certification focuses on voluntariness. At the same time, it consists mainly in the area of Good Agricultural Practices for vegetables and fruits.
- ISO 22000 certificate, it is based on the synthesis of food safety and prevention under international requirements respectively.
- Fairtrade Trade, meets the sole objective of providing the most appropriate conditions in the workplace precisely. In the same way, it is applied at a significant price compared to other certifications.
How can I get the license?
- Register within the web portal of the institution of your choice
- Research and study the content material provided by it
- Take the evaluative exam in which you implement all your knowledge and skills learned
- Proceed to download the Food Handling Certificate, in case you have successfully passed the preparation course
What are the food city contact numbers?
- First number, (57 1) 357 33 18
- Second number, (57) 300 213 35 14
- Third number, (57) 320 393 96 41
- Fourth number, (57) 320 351 95 79
- Fifth number, (57) 312 572 56 52
At what times and locations are they available?
- Headquarters located to the North at diagonal 78 N ° 52 – 58, with a schedule from Monday to Friday at 7:00 am, 10:00 am and 1:30 pm
- Branch located in the southern part within the Ciudad Montes Shopping Center, with a schedule from Monday to Friday 7:00 am and 1:30 pm
- Get on Calle Carrera 92 N ° 145 – 39, with an opening hours of Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 7:00 am and 1:00 pm
- Branch located in the Metrosur – Bosa Shopping Center, with a service hours from Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. As well as on Saturdays at 8:00 a.m.
What is the Food Handling Certificate?
The Food Handling Certificate It corresponds to the mandatory document that you must have in case of performing work within the food area. It also contains a legal guarantee of the skills and abilities you have in the field. With which, it is necessary that you have a comprehensive, complete and satisfactory preparation.
In the same way, its fundamental objective is to maintain the hygienic safety of products for human consumption. Therefore, you require the responsibility to safeguard the life and health of your co-workers and the consuming public. On the other hand, it is necessary to specify that a food handler can excel in different aspects.
Here are the areas where several food employees can work:
- Restaurant chef
- Employee of some industry or food factory
- People dedicated to the agricultural sector in fields
- Producers, warehouses or packers of products
- Carriers who are in charge of distributing food
- Plumbers, because they are in charge of guaranteeing effective drinking water for fruits, vegetables, vegetables, among others
Learn better skills and get your food certificate!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar