The form 88 is considered a tool executed by the Chilean National Treasury in order to venerate the environmental pollution tax, also known as the green tax.
If you have no idea what it is, this article is for you! We invite you to continue reading and discover how the form 88, what is its purpose and also, we will mention its relationship with the green tax. You can not lose this!
Requirements for the Processing of Form 88
The requirements are very simple and also few. The taxpayer will only need the invoice for the purchase of the vehicle or the Declaration of Income (DIN). In this way, to register the new car in the Civil Registry, the taxpayer must consign the documents mentioned above, in addition to the proof of payment of the green tax. and ready!
How to fill out Form 88?
First of all, it is important to add that the Form 88, can be found on the website of the National Treasury of the Republic of Chile, right in the statement called «Green Tax». In the same way, we recommend that the applicant have on hand any identification document of the vehicle, including: the purchase invoice.
Now, below we will mention the steps to follow for the correct filling of the form:
- To get started, go to Web page of the National Treasury of the Republic.
- Click on the statement «Green tax».
- Then select the option «Declaration and Payment of Green Tax to Mobile Sources».
- Next on the screen will appear the option «Affidavit».
- Verify that the data reflected is accurate.
- Select «Accept».
- Later you will have the form 88 Declaration and Simultaneous Payment and for the process to be concluded, enter the corresponding RUT number.
- Then, record the data they request for the identification of the taxpayer.
- Register the Technical Report Code.
- Enter the data that identifies the vehicle, such as: make, model, type, chassis number, etc. This information must be reflected in the invoice.
- In the document type box, select the corresponding one between invoice or Income Statement.
- Enter the invoice data: date, type (exempt or affected by VAT), total value, VAT value.
- In the CU Quantity box, select «Obtain Tax Value from SII». This will determine the tax.
- Once the tax has been generated, select ‘confirm’ and then ‘enter’.
- Select Pay and follow the instructions on the screen to pay the tax through the different banking platforms as the case may be.
- Upon completion of the transaction, save and print the payment credit.
- Finally, with the proof of payment and the vehicle purchase invoice, you can go to the National Registry of Motor Vehicles so that you can complete the registration of your car.
Online procedure management
- Access the website of the General Treasury of the Republic.
- Click on the «frequent options» statement.
- Select «green tax».
- Then click on «declaration and payment of green tax to mobile sources».
- Read the instructions carefully and then select «accept».
- Fill in the empty fields with the information requested by the page.
- Verify that the information is correct.
- Choose or select a payment method and click on the «pay» option.
- Finally, you will have paid the amount corresponding to the green tax. You will even obtain a payment receipt which must be consigned to the Civil Registry and Identification Service on the same day the document is issued in order to register the car.
Managing the form in person
- First, the taxpayer must collect all the required documentation.
- Then you must go to a Chilean bank.
- Later, go to the office of the General Treasury of the Republic closest to your locality.
- Explain the reason for your visit. In this case, pay the corresponding green tax for the purchase of a new vehicle.
- Complete the requested information and pay the tax.
- Finally, when performing the procedure, you will obtain proof of payment, which must be presented to the Civil Registry and Identification Service to proceed with the registration of the new car.
Usefulness of Form 88
In general terms, the utility of form 88 It lies in the importance of an environmental nature that it possesses. In this way, each country has its own team specialized in green taxation, which is why the government, through the form 88 allows the verification of the green tax.
What is the Green Tax?
Indeed, the green tax is aimed at those natural or legal persons who purchase a new vehicle. Also, through Form 88 This tax is paid and declared before the General Treasury of the Republic (TGR), with the purchase invoice or, failing that, the DIN income statement.
In this case, the Internal Revenue Service (SII) through Exempt Resolution No. 119 of 2014 establishes the applicability of said green tax. Which aims to motivate citizens to acquire much less polluting cars.
Likewise, according to the tax authorities, the green tax is based on the foundation that any person who purchases a vehicle and pollutes the air, which is considered a public good, must pay whenever it is damaging the environment. This is why it is called a «green tax.»
In the same way, the procedure can be managed at any time of the year, since it does not have a specific or defined term for its management. Remember that it is done through the website of the General Treasury of the Republic.
General Treasury of the Republic
The General Treasury of the Republic of Chile, also known by its acronym (TGR). It is a public service responsible for guarding, monitoring and distributing fiscal values, which in turn, depends on the Ministry of Finance.
It is composed of a General Treasury, which is located in the capital of the Republic, in addition to Regional Treasuries, located in the regions of the country which are 13 in total and finally, by Provincial Treasuries that are 21.
Its foundation was carried out in 1927 by Carlos Ibañez del Campo. Since then, its mission is to safeguard and distribute the resources of the Public Treasury, through avant-garde, efficient efforts that safeguard and facilitate the interaction of its users and citizens, effectively contributing to the development of the country.
Within its powers we find:
- Centralize and manage the funds of public services and institutions in Chile.
- Make the payment of tax obligations.
- Carry out the issuance of bonds or other obligations that the laws establish.
- Custody the tax valued species for sale to the public through the Regional and Provincial Treasuries.
On the other hand, its vision is to be recognized as a service that governs excellence, reliability, safety and efficacy, which in turn has national or international recognition.
Aspects to consider
While it is true, there are some salient aspects that should be taken into account in relation to the form 88. Among them, payment exceptions for the green tax, which apply to vehicles whose purpose is:
- Taxi service.
- Citizen security services. For example: police units, armored vehicles, ambulances and funeral vehicles.
- Passenger transport, with more than nine seats including the driver. For example: buses.
- Trucks or vans whose load capacity is greater than 2,000 kilos.
- Tractors, forklifts and automobiles that work with electric propulsion and self-propelled motorhomes.
- However, according to the Treasury General de la República, the vehicles that belong to the categories of «heavy» and «motorcycles» are not responsible for requesting, filling out or canceling form 88. While, the vehicles subject to payment are those that are part of the category light or medium.
- On the other hand, the payment to be paid for the tax can be made online or directly in the banking institutions that have an agreement with the General Treasury of the Republic.
- The tax is determined by means of a formula that measures: the price of the vehicle, the emission of nitrogen oxide and the levels of human performance.
- The cost to be paid by the taxpayer is established by the Internal Revenue Service and is calculated in UTM (monthly tax unit).
- The amounts to be paid must match the information provided by the Civil Registry and Identification Service, otherwise, the registration of the new vehicle cannot be managed.
- The tax is applied only once to light and medium vehicles.
What is Form 88?
In short the form 88 is a tool established by the General Treasury of the Republic of Chile, in order to venerate the environmental pollution tax. In this way, the green tax can also be known as «green tax».
As established in the tax reform, the well-known green tax is a charge directed to all new cars, which were acquired by a legal or natural person with the purpose of promoting the use of less polluting vehicles.
It is important to mention that all the information reflected in the form 88 It will be reviewed and verified by other public bodies such as: the Internal Revenue Service (SII), the Ministry of Transport and Telecommunications (MTT) and the Civil Registry and Identification Service of Chile. (SRCEI).
We hope the information has been helpful. Thanks for reading!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Chile
Related articles that may interest you