The process of Self-assessment of Sanctions for Administrative Offenses in Costa Rica requires certain requirements, among which is the Form D116 for self-assessment.. It is a form where all the information corresponding to the process is recorded.
In order to process this document it is important to follow certain steps, that is why we bring for the following content, where you will be able to know the steps you must follow, some tips so that the process is completely successful, information about the Treasury and many other information of interest. Stay and enjoy our content.
Steps to Follow to Submit Form D116 for Self-Assessment
The form D-116 It is a document that allows you to process the self-assessment. In order to carry out this process, certain requirements are requested, among which is this form. It can be completed easily and simply as long as the established parameters are followed to achieve it.
Next, in this first section of the article, we are going to indicate each of the steps you must follow to fill out and present the D-116 form effectively, simply and easily. We recommend reading carefully and writing down in case you can forget the indicated steps.
Without further ado, we proceed to submit each of the steps to fill out form D-116:
- To begin, we must obtain the corresponding form, that is, form D-116. To do so you can click here. We also recommend reading the instructions to avoid any inconvenience and mistakes. If you wish to do so, we invite you to click here.
- Once inside the web platform of the Ministry of Finance, look for the option to download the tool known as EDD-7.
- Said tool must be installed on the computer where the form is processed.
- Once this is done, the applicant must proceed to open the forms section and must select the corresponding one, in this case form D-116.
- After this, you must choose the quarter in relation to the corresponding fiscal period to declare.
- The system will request the number of the personal identification document, in other words, the identity card number. It must be from the person holding the declaration. For this procedure, a natural person can apply as a legal entity. If the applicant does not have this requirement, they must complete the process using a different form.
- Then you must write the number corresponding to the statement that is corrected, if applicable. If applicable, it can be found in the first box of the pre-form of the failed or incorrect return.
- Proceed to fill in the requested fields, such as the name, reason or denomination in relation to the holder of the statement.
- The next step is to determine the payment or declaration of the pending tax obligation and its cost. This is a mandatory step in order to continue with the process. Thanks to this, you can opt for discounts in the cancellation of penalties. It’s kind of a benefit.
- Once this is done, the declaration of infringements on material goods must be made. We will talk about this later in the article.
- In the form the applicant must indicate those infractions on formal duties, as applicable.
- Now, to complete form D-116, the applicant, that is, the owner of the return, must complete the last section of the form, which corresponds to the amounts related to the settlement of the tax debt. In this part, the applicant must issue the amounts corresponding to said settlement.
- If you have followed each of the steps indicated, then you will have successfully completed Form D-116.
Fields that make up form D-116
In this part of the present content, we are going to know what are the data that make up each of the fields of the Form D116 for self-assessment. Each of them are presented below:
In this case, the applicant must proceed to issue his personal identification number, that is, the identity card. It is important that the name, reason or denomination of the person is placed, either physical or legal. This is basically what the first part of the form D-116.
Infringements on material goods
This part of the form proceeds to the infringement on material goods, which are made up of:
- Late payment corresponding to taxes.
- The lower payment of taxes, both due to inaccuracy and omission of data.
- The lower payment of taxes, both due to inaccuracy and omission of data, due to tax administration failures.
Violations of formal duties
To complete this part, the infractions due to formal duties must be indicated, corresponding to:
- Omission in the presentation of registration, modification and data or withdrawal forms.
- Omission in filing tax return.
- Irregular facts regarding accounting.
- Failure to send data and information.
- Wrong information sent to the Tax Administration.
- Absence to presentations of the Tax Administration, when requested.
- Failure to deliver authorized invoices to the client.
- Total amount to pay.
Tax debt settlement amounts
In this last section of the form, the applicant must indicate the amounts corresponding to the tax assessment, which correspond to:
- Interest accruing after the three business days following resolution.
- Total tax debt.
- Amount to pay in cash.
- Amount to be paid by check.
- Total canceled.
Tips for Form D-116 for Self-Assessment
Next, in this section we proceed to present some tips and practical advice so that you can process the Form D-116 successfully. It is a series of data that must be taken into account for the completion of the form to be effective.
To complete the Form D116 for self-assessment the following aspects should be considered:
- It is advisable to print three formats, this because it is important that the applicant keep a copy and the other two are sent to the corresponding bank.
- Another important aspect to consider is that each form corresponds to a sanction.
- Whenever the form is completed, it must be done on a computer.
- Form D116 must have as mandatory data the identification label that is issued at the Tax Administration office.
- It is important to avoid that Form D116 has any of these errors: Data on the light blue boxes, sheets and annexes that are not requested, decimals in the amounts entered, strikeouts, patches or other similar error.
- The types of penalties that can be applied to a person range from fines to closing a business.
What is Form D-116 for Self-Assessment for?
The Form D-116 It is a document that is used to carry out the process for the Self-assessment of Sanctions for Administrative Offenses. It is a necessary procedure when there is some type of non-compliance with tax obligations.
It can happen due to non-delivery of tax returns, incorrectly issued information, or any other infraction.
The Treasury, is a body established in Costa Rica, which is in charge of being responsible for fiscal policy at the national level.
Among its multiple functions we can say that the most basic are: The collection and control of state or government resources. It is the highest authority in the fiscal field in Costa Rica, acting based on what is stipulated in the economic principles and convenient processes to protect the nation.
Its main headquarters are located at Calle Nro. 3, Av. Nro. 2 de Catedral in San José. It also has other offices throughout the national territory.
Where to File Form D-116 for Self-Assessment?
For To process Form D116 for self-assessment, it is important to know where to carry out this process. There are a series of authorized financial entities where this process is carried out, each of them is presented below:
- Bank of Costa Rica.
- Comeca Financial.
- The Davivienda Bank.
- BAC Bank of San José.
- The BCT Bank.
- Lafise Bank.
- Cathay Bank.
As you can see, these are some of the entities where you can carry out the self-assessment process.
What is it?
To conclude this article, we are going to talk a little about what the process and procedure of the Form D-116.
The Form D116 for self-assessment It is a document that contains a series of registered fields where the self-assessment processor must be in charge of issuing certain information and data according to the process.
All this information is registered and is issued to the corresponding entity in order to process the process. In other words, it consists of an important document that is part of the requirements to process the Self-liquidation of Sanctions for Administrative Offenses in Costa Rica.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Costa Rica