If you are planning a trip to the United States but have some doubts about visa management, here we clarify about the Form DS-160.
In this article we show you how to fill out form ds-160, a necessary and indispensable instrument in the non-immigrant visa process. Go ahead, do not hesitate to read and find out everything.
What is Form DS 160 like?
Form DS-160 is a format provided by the American embassy to make the corresponding application for a Visa to the United States as a non-immigrant, that is, a temporary residence visa.
The process of Filling the Form DS-160 online, is the initial process to make the formal application for the American Visa.
This procedure is virtual it is done through web portal of the Embassy, there the personal data of the applicant is indicated, later the United States Embassy will evaluate, review and determine the eligibility to enter the country.
This form is a Essential document to manage the visa American. In addition, filling it out is really important since doing it in the wrong way can cause the visa to be denied.
You can do the filling online through the portal, in which you must provide the most information in relation to the trip you are going to make to the United States. Likewise, you must have your passport on hand to fill out the form, to place the data identically to how they are in this document.
Any applicant, including children, have to fill out their form DS-160.
This digital instrument must be filled out prior to appointments at the Embassy. The number that appears in the barcode on the confirmation page of the form is required in order to plan the appointment.
It is important to know that the United States Embassy does not accept requests made by hand or typewriter. It also does not allow you to go to the interview appointment without the confirmation sheet of Form DS-160.
Directions for Completion
In this section we are going to indicate some tips for the correct filling of the Form DS-160 these are the following:
- Present the Form DS-160 online Before scheduling the appointment, the interview at the Embassy.
- The selected Embassy when starting the Form, It has to be the same where you schedule the interview appointment.
- It is entered through the embassy’s web portal.
- Initially place the country of origin in the first box on the right.
- Then enter the Verification code which is in the first box on the right, below the box that says nationality.
- Next you must press the red button that says “STAR AN APPLICATION, where several questions appear that must be answered with total sincerity, since the immigration office verifies everything to approve the visa.
- Regarding the Personal informationYou must include the full name, date and place of birth, marital status, current address, telephone number, and email address.
- Must also specify social networks that you have used in the last five years. In addition, you must indicate the form of identification of the accounts.
- Likewise, it must indicate the parents’ names and dates of birth and inform if they reside in the United States.
- For students, you must state the name and address of the school. Similarly, if you work, you must indicate the name, address and telephone number of the company, time working there and a description of the activities.
- This formulary must be completed in english, using only English characters, with the exception of the name. If it is completed in another language, it may lead to the application being denied.
- In addition, you must clearly indicate in which city you can go to the embassy appointment and the delivery of biometric data. In Bogotá you will find the United States Embassy and the capture of biometric data It is in Bogotá and Medellín.
- If you start filling and it takes more than 20 minutes, the session expires. You must start again, unless you have registered the application identification number or saved the application in a document on your computer. Make a note of the identification number of your application, as you will need it to log in later and continue with the application.
- In case of not being able to complete the entire form in the first opportunity that you enter then you can save and retake in a next time. If it does so after 30 days, then it is better download the form and save it in the computer.
- Additionally, you must upload a photograph taken in the last six months and must have the following characteristics:
- It is recommended that you go to sites that are specialists in taking photographs for these special cases. You can check the website from the US Department of State for further details and directions.
- Must disclose travel information that you are going to make to the United States, specify the date of arrival and time of stay and the place of accommodation.
- In the last part of the form it is up to you to inform if you have criminal record or association with terrorist groups and if you are a drug user.
- When you finish filling out the form you will receive a confirmation letter with an alphanumeric barcode, which must be printed because it is mandatory to attach it on the day of the interview at the embassy.
- Once this is done, click on the return key of the browser and send a copy of the DS-160 to your email. This electronic file is in PDF format.
Then you can make the payment corresponding to the request.
How to Sign Form DS 160?
When the form is completed must perform the electronic signature, since in this way you are certifying or validating that the information provided and that the Form DS-160 contains is correct and true. Submitting false information may cause you to miss the opportunity to enter the United States.
Check to see that the answers are correct and that the questions have been fully answered.
In the event that the applicant is a minor under 16 years of age, or has a physical disability that prevents him or her from signing electronically, the form must be sent to the parents, guardians or those who have the corresponding legal custody.
What is it for?
Form DS-160 is the essential document if you want to apply for a Visa to the United States. It must be filled out in the English language and the questions answered clearly, precisely and real.
This document contains all the data that you provided related to personal information. All information is duly verified by an Agent of the United States Embassy.
Frequently Asked Questions about Form DS 160
In these issues, common doubts and concerns always arise when applying for a visa and filling out form DS-160. The most frequent are those mentioned below:
Where can I find the DS-160 format?
By visiting the website of the United States embassy, you can fill out the form there.
Can the answers be in Spanish?
The responses to the request, with the exception of indicated cases, must be in English, using English characters, avoid accents. If you are not answered in this way, you run the risk of being rejected.
Should I save the application before it is sent?
The answer is positive. You must save the application form on your computer before submitting it. By doing so in case of being rejected due to incomplete answers, you can enter the web to search for the saved information and make the corresponding corrections and send the request again, without having to fill out a new form.
If you are a frequent traveler, you can update the application and send it to renew the visa. This will allow you save time.
What documents should I have to fill out the DS-160 form?
You must have the following documents:
- The passport.
- The travel itinerary.
- The dates of the last five visits to the United States, if applicable.
What is Form DS 160?
Form DS-160 is an online non-immigrant Visa application format, it is for temporary travel to the United States and for K visas.
This form is sent electronically to the website of the Department of State via the internet. Consulate officials use the information on Form DS-160 to review, evaluate, and process the visa application.
Further, you must go to an interview and thus determine the eligibility of the application.
Sections of form Ds-160:
- The initial page of the form.
- Retrieval of a form that is saved.
- Personal information I.
- Personal information II.
- Travel information section.
- Travel companions.
- History of trips made to the United States.
- In this section are the address and phone number.
- Also, the passport information.
- Inform the point of contact in the United States.
- Section where the family data goes.
- Work, training and education data.
- Match background and security.
- Section where the photograph goes.
- Final review of the form.
- You must sign and submit the form.
- Confirmation sheet.
Ready, now you can proceed to the US visa application management, you already know how to fill out the Form DS-160 and other interesting facts.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar