The Form OM 121 It is a document that allows you to declare articles of personal use in your luggage, in front of the customs department when you leave or enter Argentina. With it, you can avoid paying taxes on the import of consumer goods.
Before leaving the country, every Argentine or foreigner must declare the personal items that they will carry with them. In this way, we avoid the problem of paying tariffs on the goods we already own when we leave the country. We invite you to learn more about Form OM 121 in this article.
How to fill out the OM 121 Form?
Below we show you the steps and information that you must complete to send the form OM 121:
You can download and print a copy of the form OM 121 to declare your luggage. Through this link you get it.
First of all, you must declare your personal data, or the personal data of the owner of the items to be transported in luggage. These data are:
- Name and surname.
- Identity document number, either the identity card or the DNI. Among the options shown, you must cross out those that do not correspond to your document.
- The domicile.
- The location.
- The zip code.
- The province.
- The means of transport to use.
- The destination to which you plan to travel.
- In this section of the format, place: according to the destination code of the Federal Public Tax Administration. These codes appear on the OM 121 form, but we will add them later to avoid confusion or errors.
- The brand.
- The number.
- The state of it.
- The sum of units that are owned by the articles or products.
- The total amount of all items that you own.
- Final step, when submitting the form OM 121You must sign as a passenger and request the stamp and signature of the customs guard in charge at the time of presentation.
The codes for the objects to be declared correspond to:
- 01 for photographic machine.
- 01a for a target.
- 01b for a photometer.
- 01c for electronic flash.
- 02 for a projector.
- 02a for one objective.
- 03 for a camcorder.
- 04 for a recorder.
- 05 for a typewriter.
- 06 for weapons.
- 07 for radios.
- 08 for televisions.
- 09 for binoculars.
- 10 for cell phones.
- 11 for personal computer.
- 99 for the other objects. These must be described in the box that indicates it.
Are you ready! Now that you have filled out the form OM 121, you can take all declared personal property with you and avoid any inconvenience.
Steps to follow
Before leaving Argentina through the Internet option of the Federal Tax Administration, the following steps must be taken to declare the subject:
- Enter the AFIP online portal.
- Look for the service called «System for the declaration of objects and / or vehicles«.
- Select the option to make the declaration.
- Transcribe the data previously exposed, in the required sections.
- Register all your information about leaving the country and the weight of all your objects.
- Select the condition to generate the form OM 121.
The system should show your login code on the screen, you can use the login code to check the document and make any necessary modifications before printing.
We know that keeping everything in order when traveling internationally is a daunting task. Always take care not to leave important things, book and pay on time, and make sure you have a good trip.
Usefulness of Form OM 121
The form OM 121 It is a document or a tool, to declare that your items are well imported and for personal use when you travel abroad or return to Argentina. In this way, it is not necessary to pay the customs duties that may be imposed on these goods at the customs of the country.
These personal items must be declared, to prevent importing products that exceed the limits of personal use and avoid trading with these products.
This is how, form OM 121 allows customs officials to record what you bring when you leave the country and what you bring when you return.
Starting in 2018, the central government issued a decree that states that products such as mobile phones and laptops are not mandatory. However, this may vary from one customs to another, so we recommend that you pay attention to the regulations of all.
If you do not declare the above elements, then you will commit a crime in Argentina, because you do not comply with customs regulations.
Even if you do it innocently and do not intend to break the rules, this will cause you a lot of trouble.
In the best of cases, if you do not declare, they will only ask you to pay the taxes or fines that apply to you, which can make double the payment.
As well as customs officials can hold the merchandise, and make you pay a fine anyway. This is why declaration documents are so important. You will avoid multiple problems!
Who Should Fill It Out?
The form OM 121 It must be filled out by any person who is willing to travel and carry their personal belongings, since the customs through which you transit during said trip will carry out the respective review and request said declaration of goods.
How is the declaration of objects made when leaving the country?
Before leaving the country, every Argentine or foreigner must declare the personal effects that they will carry with them. Therefore, we avoid conflict and bad timing. pay tariffs, about the goods that you belong to when you leave the country.
As we have already mentioned, many or almost all of these objects are made up of electronic devices that are used on a daily or regular basis. Depending on the customs you experience, this can even extend to watches, jewelry, and valuables that can be purchased abroad.
There are two ways to declare articles transported as luggage these are:
When you arrive at the airport, you are at the customs counter. When you get there, you need to hand over all items (including those listed) to the guard.
This will work to complete the form OM 121 for you and obtain the serial number of each personal property, and provide you with a corresponding receipt, so that you can show it when you return to Argentina.
- When you arrive at the airport, you’re at the customs counter. When you get there, you need to hand over all items (including those listed) to the guard. This will work to complete the OM 121 form for you and obtain the serial number of each personal property, and provide you with a corresponding receipt, so that you can show it when you re-enter Argentina.
- Go to the website of the Federal Public Tax Administration. It is much easier with this tool. You must print the form OM 121 in advance, display it with the merchandise at customs and ask the security guard to sign your declaration.
It should be noted, if you declared your personal belongings on another trip, but you still have a receipt signed by the security guard, you can use it again this time without any restrictions. Therefore, you will not have to include one or more objects in the declaration of the form OM 121.
What is Form OM 121?
The Form OM 121 It is a document that allows you to declare articles of personal use in your luggage, in front of the customs department when you leave and enter Argentina. With it, you can avoid paying taxes on the import of consumer goods.
The form OM 121 It is aimed at all travelers who do not want to pay those charges for taxes on common use goods during their trips to and from towards abroad.
However, in these goods, there are many items that are not considered as part of «baggage», and their transfer is prohibited or transferred according to different regulations. Among them we can find:
- Any firearm not authorized by ANMAC (National Agency for Controlled Materials).
- Certain export products, not economic products, are prohibited for reasons of national defense, public health and safety, and animal and plant health.
- Basic products used for commercial or industrial purposes or purposes. Mainly a large amount of goods that can be traded inside or outside of Argentina.
- Explosive devices or flammable items.
- Harmful substances.
The goods that generally must be declared at Argentine customs are the following:
- Photo cameras.
- Cameras for filming.
- Personal computer / laptop.
- Cell phone (models and brands will vary depending on the regulations of each customs).
- Musical instruments.
- Sport teams.
- Electronic tablets.
- Among several others.
If you have any questions about the items you must declare, you can always go to the customs before starting your trip and asking yourself in which items you should complete this procedure.
The only products that are not restricted by their declaration are all products with a stamp or sticker marked «Made in Argentina» or «Made in Tierra del Fuego.»
As long as the tag is not lost with the tag AFIP for this certification, indicating that it has already been imported, it will also be excluded.
Finally, in most cases, electronic devices should not be declared obsolete. The most common example is mobile phones that are no longer produced because they cannot be sold on a large scale.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Argentina
Related articles that may interest you