How to know if a company is legal It is a question that many people ask, either because they themselves wish to establish a company or simply because they want to know the legitimacy of an already established one. Whatever the case, today we will be explaining everything you need to know about the process of knowing if a company is legal and how to legalize it.
Specifically, we will tell you how you can know if a company is legal, what are the requirements to legalize it, and the steps you must follow. Also, we will tell you why this is so important and what the Single Business and Social Registry (RUES) exactly, among many other things. If you are interested in all this, keep reading!
How to know if a company is legal in Colombia?
Let’s start by talking about what you wanted in the first place: How to know if a company is legal. The truth is that it is an extremely simple and fast task to perform. We will explain to you step by step how you can find out, so that you have no doubts about it and you can solve your question in the best way.
- First, you should know that to legally establish a company, it must enter the Single Business and Social Registry (RUES). Later we will explain how this registry works and who manages it. For now, this is the database for this type of institution and where we will carry out the procedure.
- In this sense, the first thing you should do is enter the official website of the RUES.
- Once on the page, you will realize that you have multiple options to select from. If you want to make your consult company or social, then you must enter the NIT (without dashes, points or verification digit) and click on This is the first option that appears when entering the page.
- However, you can also ask the following queries:
- Unique Registry of Proponents: there are all those who want to participate in government contracts.
- National Tourism Registry: there are all the providers of this service.
- Non-profit entities.
- Commercial Registry.
- Random game vendors.
- Private foreign entities and NGOs.
- Cooperatives, mutual funds and employee funds.
- Once you enter the NIT, you must confirm that you are not a robot and then proceed to click on Send.
- Finally, you will get the result of your search. If you entered the NIT correctly and the company appears, then this is legalized and registered in the RUES.
If you don’t have the NIT, then you can make the query in the section of Commercial register. In this case you can search by company name or name, by commercial registration or by the NIT itself. There are more than 2 million registered merchants in this registry.
As you can see, it is something extremely simple to do. You can do it from the comfort of your home, office or from wherever you are. Just make sure you follow the instructions we give you and those inherent to the system. Good luck!
How to Know if a Company is Legal: Requirements to Legalize It
Now that you know how to see if a company is legal, we can proceed to tell you what the Requirements to Legalize a Company. These are very important; Setting up a company in Colombia, or anywhere in the world, is not easy at all.
The truth is that you have to follow a series of protocols before you can do it. However, the first is to meet the corresponding requirements. We will tell you what these are, according to the entity that requests them.
Chamber of Commerce
- Unique name for the company. This cannot be found in use, something that needs to be verified.
- NIT Application Ballot.
- Registration Form, with which the registration will be obtained.
- Proof of registration and registration payment.
- Constitutive Act.
Once legalized, they must be presented to the Chamber of Commerce. From this procedure the public deed is obtained.
- NIT application and registration in the RUT (Single Tax Registry). The Tax identification number It is requested at DIAN and obtained there.
Ministry of Finance of the Mayor’s Office
- Industry and Commerce Registry.
- Document that certifies the use of use, as well as those necessary to validate the safety conditions and the pertinent sanitary conditions.
- Original and copy of the identity document of the legal representative and the alternate.
- Associated bank account.
- Registration in Social Security.
These are the formal requirements that must be submitted. Of course, first of all you must define what type of company (non-profit company, anonymous company, etc.), if you will register it as a natural or legal person, what tax regime it contemplates, what will be the statuses that will govern it, etc. Much of this is in the books.
How to Know if a Company is Legal: Steps to Legalize It
In reality, Steps to Follow to Legalize a Company in Colombia they involve an inexpensive and uncomplicated process. However, there are a number of requirements and details to follow that can make the process a bit more cumbersome.
Likewise, the procedures to establish it may change for natural and legal persons, since there are different steps. Despite all these variations and clarifications, following the process that corresponds to you to the letter is the best way to create your company.
In summary, the general steps for anyone to be able to create and legalize your company in Colombia they are the following:
- First of all, you should consult the name availability that you want to give to your company. If you choose a name that is already in use, you will not be able to use it.
- Next, you must prepare and generate the statutes of the company, as they are a fundamental part of the legal registration of your company. These are legalized at the Notary’s Office.
- Take out the PRE-RUT at the Chamber of Commerce before proceeding with legal registration.
- When you do, you only have to start the process of legal registration in the Chamber of Commerce.
- Once you register the company, you can proceed to open the company’s bank account.
- With the certificate that the bank grants you when you open your account, you must request the final RUT of your company at the DIAN.
- Bring this final RUT to the Chamber of Commerce so that your company stops having a provisional status and begins to be official.
- Go back to DIAN and request the billing resolution.
- Again, register the minute books and shareholders in the Chamber of Commerce.
- Finally, register the company with Social Security, which will allow the hiring of employees.
Within this basic manual for business creation, it should be noted that by not requesting the billing resolution the company will not be able to charge for services. Therefore, this step is very important and you must ensure that you comply with it in DIAN.
Likewise, companies that do not register their due books with the Chamber of Commerce they will lose tax benefits. To prevent this from happening, it is advisable to have the books ready in advance and bring them at the right time.
In short, you will see that most of the procedures are handled by DIAN and the Chamber of Commerce. It is important that you follow all these instructions to the letter so as not to have any inconvenience when creating your company. You can learn more about creating a company by entering here.
Why is it Important to Legalize a Business?
Almost done, let’s talk about the Importance of Legalizing a Company. In current times, more and more informal jobs, not officially registered, move in the country. Some even go so far as to hire people, granting jobs that are no longer registered by the agencies. officers.
Many of us have known the occasional informal vendor, whose business he shares with other vendors below him. However, they do not declare income, do not keep official accounts and do not pay taxes.
Is this wrong? Well, the truth is that everything depends on the objectives you have in your business. Legalizing your company will allow you request financial support, if you need it to grow your business and expand it to other places, or if you need it in difficult times.
You will also require it if you have development goals. If you want to be serious about your company, attract new customers and offer a reliable and long-lasting service, then you must legalize your company. Informal sellers may have a reputation as scammers, while established companies must answer to the agencies in any legal dispute.
For these and many more reasons you must legalize your company. And now what do you know how, What are you waiting for?
How to Know if a Company is Legal: What is the RUES?
The Single Business and Social Registry (RUES) It is a national database that contains in it a series of company and company records legally incorporated in Colombia. It is administered by the country’s Chambers of Commerce, which are currently approximately 57.
This registry is intended to be used by contractors, the State, solidarity economy entities (cooperatives, mutual funds and employee funds), companies, non-profit entities and anyone who requires it in general. All of which are already registered in it.
We hope we have helped you with what you were looking for. Now you have an answer to the question of How to know if a company is legal.
Until next time!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar