If you have reached this article, it means that you are looking to clarify your doubts about how to know if a person left a will. This document can be very important to distribute goods or to know the last wishes of a person.
It is totally normal to want to know if a known person left a testate for the moment of his death; since this contains several important data about the inheritance that the person has; so, to help you in your search, We have written this article with the information you might need.
How to know if a person left a will?
To get to the point and help you as quickly as possible, we will talk in this first section about how to know if a person left a will; Here, you will know the institution that can help you, the people you need to get the information and some information you need to know.
In some way, knowing this type of information is very simple and fast at the same time, since the institutions and professionals that you need to contact for help are very well specified.
So, if you want to clear up the doubts about whether a person left a will, you will have to resort to RENAT.
The RENAT or National Registry of Wills Notices is the institution in charge of keeping a record, worth the redundancy, on the wills that are presented in the country.
In this institution, you will be able to find all the wills that have been presented for the deceased in Mexico. Now, in order to access the registry, you need legal help.
The type of help you should seek is that of a public notary, so that submit the application to RENAT and know if there is a will. This request must be accompanied by a justification from the next of kin.
On the other hand, there is a series of points you should consider, if you want to know if a person left a will or not:
- Wills are documents that detail how the property of a deceased person will be distributed.
- The will that a person leaves will be notified to the people included in the document, which may be: family, friends or work groups.
- Notaries public are the authorities that can help you both to present the will, and to know if one exists. In addition, this person is the one who gives the document legality.
- Likewise, if you want to know about the existence of a will, the notary who helps you must personally present what are the aspects to highlight.
How to Know if a Person Left a Will: How Do They Work in Mexico?
The creation and application of a will is a simple process, full of many protocols to follow, but easy to route and carry out.
In Mexico, Steps to Take to Create and Present a Will are as follows:
- Should be previously establish tutors They take over the process, once the time is right.
- In the document, they must establish the people who will be heirs and detail the distribution of each of the belongings.
- Once you have all the details in order, you should contact the entities in charge for the presentation and registration of the testament (RENAT).
- After having contacted the RENAT, you must follow all the indications indicated by this entity, in order to successfully register the will.
If you follow all of this procedure and each of the indications provided by RENAT, you can safely register the will.
Likewise, you should take into account that, if you have any questions regarding the procedure, you can clarify your doubts with the National Registry of Wills Notices.
How to Know if a Person Left a Will: Obtain the Copy
Once we know that a person left a will at the time of their death, we can request a copy of the document to read it and verify the distribution of assets.
The creation and presentation of a will requires the document to be certified in each of the actions of the deceased person.
This certification process is carried out by a notary public together with the RENAT, to leave evidence in the eyes of the law.
Now, in order to access a person’s will and make a copy of the document, you have to Go to the Notary’s Office and request the corresponding help.
After you have made the respective request, You will be assigned the help of a notary to continue with the next steps:
- First, the notary must carry out a verification process to verify the relationship of the request with the document.
- Then the notary must check that the applicant’s name is in the will requested, in order to provide the document information.
- By passing these two validation processes, access to a copy of the will is granted, which will be issued by the notary.
Once you have access to a copy of a will, you can carry out different actions, depending on your case.
Some of the actions you can take are:
- You can perform a process of check between document information and goods that have been distributed among the heirs.
- Likewise, you can also perform a challenge process to the will; To do this, the case must be brought to trial.
People Who Cannot Access Copies
Just as it is established that people who have their name in the will can access a copy of the document, there are other specifications not to provide access to certain types of people.
Now, if you want to know why access is denied to some people, we invite you to read the following list:
- If the name of the applicant for the copy is not in the will, this person will not have access to the document.
- People who do not have any type of property to inherit, cannot have access to the copy of the will.
- People who have no relationship with the will, but require the information in the document for other reasons, will not have access beforehand.
- The children of the deceased person who have not been taken into account for the distribution of the assets, cannot access the document.
Now, all these cases can be challenged for reconsideration, as long as they can demonstrate the relationship they have with the document.
If applicants can prove their relationship, finally, they will be able to have access to a copy of the document and, subsequently, take the actions they consider best.
Remember, for you to take it into consideration, all these requests must be processed before the Notary in which the will was registered and, subsequently, be notified to RENAT
How to Know if a Person Left a Will: Frequently Asked Questions
A process such as the creation and presentation of a will often generates many doubts about how to proceed, what to do in certain cases, among other situations.
Therefore, in addition to telling you how to know if a person left a will, we also want to help you solve those doubts that may arise during the processing of the document.
To achieve that, we have compiled some main doubts on the subject of the will and we have made this Frequently Asked Questions section, to answer them in a short and concise way.
What is the Renat?
Okay, we’ve mentioned a lot about the RENAT throughout the text, but we have not stopped for a moment to talk in more detail about it; so we’ll talk more about this entity next.
The National Registry of Wills Notices (RENAT) is the entity in charge of keeping records of wills submitted by citizens of the country.
This information is not accessible to the entire public, but is confidential data; so that only notaries public and judges can access this registry.
On the other hand, the relatives of the people and acquaintances who are in the written will, will also have access to this information.
How to use?
Using RENAT is a very simple process, without so many complications; since, you just have to go to one of the registry offices and request one of the benefits that they offer.
RENAT’s role is to keep track of the data and information in each will submitted by citizens of the country.
Therefore, to use the RENAT You just have to go to the offices, submit the application, work with the assigned notary and provide all the data and information requested.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Mexico
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar