How to know if I am Active in Medimás It is very important when you manage to register in this Health Promotion Entity (EPS). You will be able to start enjoying the benefits of membership once you know it, which is why today we will be explaining everything concerning this procedure and this important institution in Colombia.
Specifically, we will tell you about the registration process, what are the regimes that are available, the services they offer and how to obtain the certificate. Additionally, you will be able to give answers to the most frequent doubts on this subject and you will be able to know the main benefits of joining. If you are interested, do not hesitate, keep reading!
How to know if I am Active in Medimás: Affiliation
Let’s start by talking about everything related to the Registration to EPS Medimás. The first step to activate the benefits that affiliates have, obviously is to carry out the enrollment process. This is very simple to carry out, although this will vary depending on whether a subsidized or a contributory scheme is selected, or other affiliation options.
Next, we will explain the steps you must follow to be able to join:
- First, you must enter the web portal of EPS Medimás. Specifically in the section of Affiliates. You can use the link that we have left you or go on your own.
- Once there, you must swipe down. Locate the section of Our programs and services and click Join Medimás.
- You will be redirected to a new page. You will also have to scroll down the page until you find the space corresponding to Types of affiliation to Medimás. Read them all and select the one that best suits you. You will find that these are:
- Additional UPC.
- Loss of protection.
- Subsidized or contributory scheme.
- Download the Membership Form. You will find this a little further down, in Information of your interest. Right there you can find the instructions for its completion. In the same way, we have an article specially dedicated to this document. Access it here!
- Once you fill out the form, proceed to follow the instructions contained in the type of affiliation you selected. You may have to go to an office or send an email with the relevant requirements contained in the same form.
- As a result of the process, you will have registered in EPS Medimás.
Keep in mind that when filling out the form, you will have to be clear if you can choose the subsidized or the contributory regime. For this reason it is very important that you know what each one is about and which one is tailored to your abilities. We will talk about them in the next section, so don’t miss them!
For now, remember that if you have any concerns you can contact the national free line 01 8000 120 777, or with the Bogotá Public Service: (+571) 651 0777. Joining is the first step regarding How to know if I am active in Medimás.
How to Know if I’m Active on Medimás: Regimens
Now that you know how to register, we have two possible regimes that you can join depending on your socio-economic situation: the subsidized and contributory regime. These remain the same in all EPS in Colombia, so you may already know what it is about.
In order to join this regime, you must enter one of these two large groups of people:
- Qualified persons in category 1 or 2 of the SISBÉN. You must have the certificate that proves it, and also you cannot find yourself already registered in a contributory regime.
- Category 1: 0 to 47.99,
- Category 2: 48.00 to 54.86.
- Special and priority people. Various people fall into this category, some of which are:
- Children at the hands of the Colombian Institute of Family Welfare.
- Individuals in a state of displacement.
- Rural population in migratory status.
- Older people who are located in Protection Centers.
- Members of the Witness Protection Program.
- Gypsy population.
They are basically people who cannot afford to pay any fees, especially because there is no employment relationship. You just don’t have the resources. If you are part of it, then you must complete the form, gather the corresponding information and go to a Medimás office.
On the other hand, to join this regime there is only one requirement: there must be a job relationship, either dependent or independent. By ‘contributory’ it is understood that there will be a specific contribution from the affiliate, so it is necessary that you receive enough income to make this contribution.
This amount will be determined by your socio-economic situation. More specifically, for your ability to pay. A study will be carried out to determine the amount to be canceled, as well as its periodicity.
To joinYou have to go to a Medimás office with your identity document. Once, they will indicate the other documents that you must submit, which are generally account statements, income certificates, among others that allow you to determine the appropriate contribution. Also, do not forget the affiliation form.
How to Know if I’m Active in Medimás: Services It Offers
EPS Medimás It is an entity that primarily offers health services to all of its members. Through hospitals, clinics and medical institutions attached to it, health professionals provide their services free of charge. That is, the affiliate has a monetary obligation with the EPS but not with the place that provided the service directly.
Obviously, this does not happen if the member has a subsidized scheme. In these cases, he does not cancel anything, as the EPS cancels any medical appointments he may have. Be that as it may, what is true is that there is a large amount of Services offered by Medimás, one of these being:
- Communicative and auditory.
- Family dynamics as support for personal growth.
- Assessment of nutritional status.
- Evaluation and contribution to the growth of children.
- Information for minors, about their state of health, guaranteeing the well-being of the minor and verifying that they are not running any type of risk.
- Psychology service.
- Oral Health (dentistry) such as: plaque control, sealants, reasoning, educational.
- Sexual Health.
Most services are ordered through the programming of a appointment. This is something that you must take into account in order to be able to require the medical service you need. This can be done online, through your telephone line or from the customer service offices.
Medimás Certificate: Registration and How to Obtain it.
Almost done, we can proceed to talk about it Medimás Certificate. This certificate allows you to demonstrate your affiliation to this EPS, something that will probably interest you when you know if you are active or not. We will explain how you can register for Medimás online and then how to request this document.
Register in Medimás Online
- To begin, you must enter the web portal of EPS Medimás.
- Once there, you must click on Medimás EPS Online. It is found along with two other options by just entering the page.
- You will be redirected to a new page. There you must click on Sign up here.
- Fill out the form that appears on the screen. They ask for the type and number of identification document, email and date of birth.
- Follow the instructions that will appear below, and voila! Now you can enter with your username and password, something you will need to request your medical appointments and the certificate you are looking for.
- As a result, of the process, you will have completed the registration to Medimás.
Request and download Certificate of Affiliation
- First, enter with your username and password to Medimás Online.
- Once in the system, click on the option Affiliate Certificate Application. In that same menu of options you can select the one of Generate Certificate of Contributions to the POS, if you wish.
- The system will show you a table. You must click on Download and the download will start automatically. There you can print the certificate if you wish.
- As a result of the process, you will have obtained the Medimás Certificate. You can have the answer to How to know if I am active in Medimás.
As you can see, they are two completely simple steps to carry out. It only takes a few minutes and you can do it from the comfort of your home, office or wherever you are.
Finally, some of the most frequent questions asked by users of this entity:
- Can I get the Medimás Certificate online?
Yes! Follow the steps that we indicate in the previous section and you’re done.
- How do I report news to EPS?
You must enter the section of Affiliates> Join Medimás and fill out the form that appears there. You can also enter Medimás Online and make the report or data update from there.
- Can I access any Medical Center in the network?
Yes! When you enter the official Medimás page, access the section of Affiliates and click on Red Contributive Regime / Subsidized. You will see the list of medical centers where you can treat yourself, ordered by department.
- How can I add beneficiaries to Medimás?
Follow the steps that we indicate in the Affiliation section, beneficiaries option, and voila!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar