If you have asked the question of How do I know if my car has SOAT?, You are in the right place. In this article you will get all the information you are looking for on the subject in question.
If you have a vehicle, it is necessary to have a SOAT, since it is essential when it comes to any problem when driving across the country. Here we will tell you the procedure to follow, the status of your SOAT and much more. Follow the reading and learn much more about the subject.
How do I know if my car has SOAT?
Owning SOAT for the car is of the utmost importance, represents having an insurance that every Bolivian citizen who owns a car must have valid.
The Bolivian authorities now provide all the facilities for users to make the corresponding inquiries without any type of problem or inconvenience. In other words, on behalf of the government entities they made the effort to improve and now an online platform has been enabled.
Anyone who is interested in entering the platform can do so easily. As it is virtual, access can be done from the comfort of your home or from the office at any time.
How to know if my car has SOAT: Steps to follow
Like any other type of procedure carried out by the Public Administration, it involves a series of steps to follow. There is a unique method for any Bolivian citizen to consult the information. It is a simple procedure, which anyone can do quickly.
To improve and streamline this procedure, an update process was carried out. That is why this procedure is currently virtual and the face-to-face modality is not required.
The steps to carry out to carry out the query are those mentioned below:
- You must enter the Univida web portal which is the entity in charge of granting SOAT insurance.
- Next, go to locate the option that indicates “SOAT voucher « In the next link.
- Move on to place all the data.
- In addition, enter the car datal as indicated by the web portal.
- In case your vehicle already has SOAT, you can make the entry without any inconvenience and review all the information that the system displays.
- If the system does not recognize any data, then the vehicle does not have the SOAT or it has some wrong data and therefore does not appear when you make the query.
How to know if my car has SOAT: Check the status of my SOAT
Another concern that arises is regarding how to verify the status of the SOAT. This aspect is of great importance since Through verification, the person can know if it is active or not or if the SOAT is expired.
SOAT is a service that requires renewal every period indicated according to Bolivian legislation. Also, how to know if the car has the SOAT do the verification also, it will be done online currently.
This route facilitates the process and prevents people from using and paying for a manager. The purpose is that this process is available to all those who want to carry it out and who have the time for it.
To perform the verification, it is only necessary to follow the following steps:
- Has to enter the web portal of Univida.
- Subsequently, you must go on to select the option indicated from «Consultation to verify the validity of SOAT ”.
- Then, you must choose the option of «Verify SOAT Validity», which is the blue button located in the central part of the screen.
- Likewise, you must then proceed to perform the entry of all data requested by the SOAT online system.
- Finally, you can check all the information that is registered in the system and of course the corresponding validity.
As with the vast majority of topics, there are always doubts and concerns that are usually common and that we have grouped together. They are shown below:
How often should the Mandatory Traffic Accident Insurance (SOAT) be renewed?
This renewal must be done annually, but you must be sure if it depends on the date when you made the registration process.
What is the amount that is given as payment in the event of an accident?
The payment is 22,000 Bolivianos without taking into account the type of accident or the consequences thereof.
In case of not knowing who caused the accident, can SOAT still be charged?
Of course yes. That’s what the SOAT-FISO Compensation Fund is for.
What types of treatments are not covered by the SOAT?
Treatments secondary to the accident, such as psychological treatment or reconstructive surgery, are not covered.
Does the SOAT have jurisdiction in the Republic of Bolivia or not?
The answer is yes, with the exception of places that are not freely accessible to the general public.
Can anyone refuse SOAT help?
Sure, as long as you expressly declare it.
Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, the government decided to exceptionally extend the validity of the Mandatory Traffic Accident Insurance (SOAT) until April 30, 2021. This according to the Supreme Decree No. 4330.
The annual premium of the SOAT management 2021 is paid and provides coverage that goes from May 1 to December 31, 2021. The Premium payment for this period must be made from March 1, 2021.
This management can be done through different channels such as:
- The agencies or branches at the national level of UNivida, SA
- Also, through the UNIVidaApp mobile app.
- Likewise, on the Univida web portal.
- Additionally, in the financial entities arranged for it.
For any information, be sure to contact the WhatsApp line 77210005 and the toll-free line 800-10.8444.
What is SOAT?
SOAT is the acronym for what is known as Mandatory Traffic Accident Insurance. Of course, it is mandatory for everyone who owns a car. Fully known and used among drivers.
This insurance policy that protects in the event of a traffic accident. It is very important to take into account that it is not a unique insurance for a holder, but that it protects and protects third parties involved in the loss.
In other words, in cases of accident, the SOAT covers the damages that have occurred to the owner and to the others involved.
- Death or death insurance where there are direct beneficiaries of the victim, and the insurance disburses the money to the relatives.
- Then, there is the Total Disability Insurance, which is for the cases determined by the doctors.
- In addition, the general medical expenses insurance applies for recovery expenses.
SOAT legal basis
The Mandatory Traffic Accident Insurance (SOAT), has its foundation in the Article 37 of Law 1883 on Insurance which determines the obligation that any owner of a motor vehicle, whatever it may be, has a traffic accident insurance to be able to circulate freely throughout the Bolivian territory.
Importance of SOAT
The purpose of the SOAT is to offer the sole coverage of medical expenses derived from accidents and compensation for death or total or permanent disability to any citizen who has an accident caused by a motor vehicle.
Likewise, the SOAT is of uniform, indisputable, irreversible benefit and of immediate and direct action against the insurance company in Bolivia.
Now you have read the information on How to know if my car has SOAT, we hope that this article has helped you and that you can do the procedure in a simple way. Now, please share the information with those who you think can help you in a useful way.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Bolivia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar