In Colombia, it is very important to comply with the civil registry. Every citizen must fulfill this duty when necessary. One of the most frequently asked questions is: How to know in which notary I am registered. And because there is a wide variety of notaries in this country, it becomes somewhat difficult to arrive at the answer immediately.
That is why in this article you will find out what is civil registration, how to consult, what are the offices and more. Let us begin!
How do I know in which Notary I am Registered?
The Colombian Registrar’s Office It provides its registrants with the necessary information to know where their civil registry is located so that they do not have to go to each existing notary in Colombian territory.
The management can be done through the web page of the registry.
Simply, the user must be registered. This is accomplished by providing the first and last name, date of birth, and registration serial number.
Once registered, the user can access the database and the page automatically displays the requested information, that is, in which notary is it registered.
It should be noted that to carry out the entire process it is necessary to take into account the following:
- If when entering the web page, the registration of a person is not obtained, they must go to the National Registry to request information about the case.
- The registry verification, in some cases, can take some time because there are still physical files and its search in this way, is a bit difficult.
- Necessary find out the year of birth with the year in which the notary began to function to avoid inconsistencies.
- Those born before the year 1983, can use the baptismal certificate as official identification.
How to know in which Notary I am Registered: Steps to follow
- Enter the website of the Registrar.
- Select the option in the upper right that says «Check here the office where your civil registry is located». There you can find out the place of registration for births and / or marriages.
- The search system will automatically reveal only the place of registration. The data that is contained in the document have reserved character according to Article 213 of the Electoral Code.
Since October 19, 2012, the National Registry of Civil Status enabled an application from the same organization to make it easier for Colombians to query from the office where your birth or marriage was registered or registered.
It is a very common case that parents forget where they registered their children and couples, where they registered their marriage. For them, this new system will be very useful and helpful.
How to know in which Notary I am Registered: Civil Registry Offices
The civil registration It is a public document so any citizen has the right to freely demand it and for this he needs to know in which notary is his. Almost immediately after having made the request, a copy of the civil registry can be requested at any notary in the country.
Next, a list is displayed where some are mentioned:
- National Registry of Civil Status (Central Offices): Located in the Av. Calle 26 # 51-50- CAN. Hours of operation from Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Citizen Information and Attention Center CAIC (Bogotá): Located in the Carrera 7 # 16-49. Hours of operation from Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- File and Correspondence: Located in the Av. Calle 26 # 51-50-CAN. Hours Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- District Registrar of Bogotá: Located in the Carrera 8 No. 12 B-31. Bancol building. Hours of operation from Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 4:00 pm.
- Alphabetical Archive Office: Located in the Calle 63ª No 35 – 32/29, El Rosal neighborhood. Hours of operation from Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Auxiliary Registrations in Bogotá: There are several of these registries. One is located in Usaquén, another in Chapinero but there are many more available. Hours of operation from Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Office of Preferential Attention for the Disabled (OPADI): Located in SUPERCADE, calle 13 No. 37-35, in front of the Transmilenio station in Zona Industrial. Hours of operation from Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
How to know in which Notary I am Registered: Download the Civil Registry
The application of Registrar It is the one that offers the option of downloading and printing the document to users who want it completely free of charge.
Once the certificate is ready, the system provides a verification number It should be used to check whether or not this certificate was issued through the query made by the website of the National Registrar’s Office. It will serve to legitimize the document.
On the same page, you can obtain information about the offices open to which the user must go to request copies of the civil registry that it requires and to be able to continue with the management.
As previously mentioned, the data contained in the certificate or registry are protected by law, which establishes in the Article 213 of the Electoral Code the next:
The information that rests in the archives of the Registry regarding the identity of the people, such as biographical data, their affiliation and fingerprint formula, are reserved.
What is the Civil Registry?
The civil registration It is a document that allows to verify the civil status of a person. The legal situation in the family or society that you may have, among other things, to determine your ability to exercise certain rights or acquire certain obligations.
It is essential, indivisible and its assignment is law.
National Registry of Civil Status
The National Registry of Civil Status it is an autonomous administrative, budgetary or contractual entity, with a decentralized organization. It is in charge of the registry of civil life and the identification of Colombians and also carries out electoral processes and mechanisms for citizen participation, with guarantees for the population.
The organization is divided into two levels: central level with national competence and the deconcentrated level with jurisdiction referring to a specific territory. These two levels participate in the design of the plans, the general programs of the administration, the policies and also ensure that these take place and are complied with.
It is an entity that, at its central level, has two delegated registries, one is electoral and the other is for civil registration and identification. At its decentralized level, with departmental delegations, municipal and district registries, auxiliary registries and registries in the Capital District of Bogotá.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar