How to pay contributions, it is a procedure that must be carried out four times a year, this has a very important sum, since, by not doing it, the person can lose ownership.
In this article, you will learn some interesting steps to help you complete the process.
Calculation of amount to pay contributions:
The internal tax service provides taxpaying citizens with the calculation to make the payment for the sake of the roots. This formula is intended to take into consideration several aspects:
- He assessed the tax.
- According to the location of the property, an annual rate and a surcharge is established that can vary
- For non-built places, ballast wells, and abandoned properties, a fiscal surcharge of the 25% and another 100%
The differences mentioned is what we call the «Endorsed affection» of a property. To understand this topic, we have an example:
«January 1, 2018 the exempt appraisal is equal to 33,199,976. It is a value that corrects per semester in the variations of the CPI. In the second semester of 2018, the adjusted exempt appraisal is equal to 33,664,775 «
There are 3 properties: Property A has a tax assessment of 30 million pesos, property B has a tax assessment of 50 million pesos, and property C has a tax assessment of 130 million pesos.
- Property A will not pay taxes for the appraisal of the minor to the exempt
- In property B, contributions are paid for the affected appraisal, where a 000,000 – 33,664,775 = 16,335,225 pesos.
- And, finally, property C pays contributions for the affected overvaluation, where it corresponds to 130,000,000 – 33,664,775 = 96,335,225 pesos.
To pay contributions are made up of two factors: The net contribution and surcharges.
Total Contribution = Net Contribution + Surcharges
In the net contribution, the housing properties are calculated by applying 1 or 2 rates progressive on the appraisal of affection. That is, one or two tranches of value as appropriate.
- 1st tranche rate: 0.933%
- 2nd tranche rate: 1.088%
To understand this issue, it should be known that there is a reference value of the SII, indicating the «Rate change amount» and by which, the sections of the application of rates are defined.
The calculation of the contribution within comes as follows:
- The property has a tax assessment, less than the rate change amount: Net contribution = (tax appraisal – exempt appraisal) * 0.933%
- The property has a tax assessment greater than the amount of the rate change: Net contribution: (tax assessment – rate change amount) * 1.088% + (rate change amount – exempt assessment) * 0.933%
The properties of A, B and C From the previous example, property A is mentioned, does not pay tax, while standing property B and C you can have the following net contribution:
The appraisal of property A, is less than the rate change, therefore, the net contribution is: (50,000,000 – 33,664,775) * 0.933% = 152,408. That is, a net quarterly installment of 152,408 / 4 = 38,102
The Appraisal of property B, is greater than the change in the rate, therefore, the net contribution is: (130,000,000 – 118,571,329) * 1.088% + (118,571,329 – 33,664,775) * 0.933% = 916,522. That is, a net quarterly installment of 916,522 = 229,130
All these numbers and calculations are important to understand when making our
There are basically the two surcharges that the SII applies for land tax, where it is charged quarterly:
- The surcharge of 00025% for residential and non-residential property
- The 100% surcharge for vacant sites.
This surcharge application applies to the section in which the 2nd rate is applied. This means that it is applied to an assessment value above the rate change amount. For residential and non-residential properties, there are two cases:
- Property A and B will not apply surcharges
- In property C a surcharge of (130,000,000 – 118,571,329) * 0.025% = 2,857 pesos is applied, charged quarterly
Therefore, the concept payment of the municipal contribution of our property is as follows:
- Property A: $ 0 pesos
- B: $ 38,102 pesos
- C: $ 229,130 + $ 2,857 = $ 231,987 pesos
Postponement of payment:
The managing agents of endorsable mortgage mutuals can grant the deferral credits on their own account or from those who have been endorsed by the respective mutuals. endorsable mortgages.
The deferral credits correspond to mutual money contracts, granted through the public deed by a creditor of debtors of mortgage credits.
Postponement credits are exempt from stamp duty and stamp duty. procedures and requirements that the tax regulations consider.
When do you have to pay contributions in Chile?
Contributions must be paid in four installments, due dates are all April 30, June, September and November 30.
Likewise, there are variations in the value of the assessment, if there is a change from being residential to commercial, or that has an extension, decrease, the SII makes supplementary or replacement charges, in case of reductions, which occur in the June and December.
What happens if I am late in paying contributions ?:
It is important to comply on time with the payment of your fees, otherwise swill have sanctions for non-compliance, such as:
- Begins to transmit judicial collections, to cases with non-compliance of one year.
- We proceed to the seizure or auction of properties, whose cases are kept in extrajudicial collections.
Therefore, it is important to know the steps to comply with the previously established payments and deadlines, you must keep up to date with the information on these details thus avoiding, sUnnecessary orpresses and misunderstandings.
If you do not comply with the payment of your quota on time, you must take into account these options:
- Enter the site of General Treasury of the Republic, and print updated proof of payment.
- Enter from to website of authorized institutionss and pay in them online.
What are contributions?
The tax or land tax, corresponds to the payment or aliquot made by the owners in Chile, for the acquisition of their real estate properties, whether agricultural or non-agricultural, such as: houses, apartments, parking lots, warehouses, etc.
If you are starting in the property acquisition business, it is important to first know all the aspects that make up this topic, such as: collecting institutions, payment destinations, supplementary contributions, payment calculation, etc..
To start this process, you must know that the entity in charge of collecting the contributions corresponds to the General Treasury of the Republic through the Internal Revenue Service.
Your collection process begins through the discount of four quarterly installments, known as normal. The administration of the general treasury distributes the destination of the proceeds:
- 60% of the proceeds to a common fund of contributions, and the rest of a 40% It is delivered to the municipalities where the properties are established.
- 35% For the communes of Providencia, Los Condes, and Vitacura.
With the collection of these revenues, the municipalities make improvements for the benefit of the community such as: repair of pavements, installation of lighting, creation of public spaces, green areas, etc.
If you want to make the payment corresponding to your contributions for real estate, or other transfers, such as: certificate of payment information and the payment list of properties, you just have to perform the following steps:
To carry out online procedures
- Enter the Web page Internal Revenue Service (IBS))
- Enter RUT and password
- Complete the collections requested by the page: ROL number of the property, region and commune.
- Click on «Go to online procedure»
- Mark «Pay contributions»
- Once on the site, choose the region or commune, mark «role» and then option «search for»
- Click «to pay»
- Choose payment destination «Credit card» or «Bank account», continue instructions.
- Once all the steps have been completed, you have already made your contribution payment.
If you want to go directly to the collection offices you need to do the following steps:
- Complete the requested collections. Contribution receipt coupon, if you do not have it, you should go to the offices of the general treasury of the republic.
- You should go to one of the Bank entities credited in receiving payment of their contributions.
- Once at the headquarters, request payment real estate contribution.
- Enter the required background.
- Once these steps are completed, you have completed the process of paying your contribution.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Argentina
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar