In Ecuador, the National Transit Agency (ANT) provides you with a new way to pay Traffic Fines from the comfort of your home, and even from wherever you are. The important thing is to pay up to date and not accumulate fines.
So you will be interested in reading this article. Keep reading, you won’t regret it.
How can you pay traffic fines?
It is important that you know that you must pay your fines at the National Transit Agency (ANT) for Traffic Infractions only if they were issued to you by the National Police and the GADs of Ambato and Santo Domingo de los Colorados.
So you can cancel them as soon as possible you have two online payment methods. You just have to select the alternative that suits you best and facilitates the process:
- You can opt for ANT online payments electronically from your home, office or anywhere. In this way, it is a secure payment in the ANT payment system that you will find disabled from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In order for you to do so, you have the following credit cards available:
- Diners Club Titanium Visa, Discover
- MasterCard Banco Pichincha
- Pichincha Bank Visa
- Banco Rumiñahui, Loja and Manabí cards
- Visa, MasterCard and American Express Banco Guayaquil cards
- Another way you can realize your payment of fines is via bank transfer, in two entities:
- Pichincha Bank
- Bank of Pacific
Do not be careless in this matter. Be vigilant about the time you have to do it. You must make the payment of a fine within ten business days after the date you were notified of the judgment.
If you are in default you will have to pay an additional fine of two percent (2%) on the principal value for each month or fraction of the month in which you are delaying in the payment, up to a maximum equivalent to one hundred percent (100%) of the fine.
The ANT National Transit Agency offers you facilities to pay traffic fines through payment agreements. To apply for this benefit it is necessary that the fine is higher than ISBU.
Steps to Take to Pay Traffic Fines
It is not a matter of pride to receive fines. However, we give you good news. It is no longer necessary that you have to go to any of the transit entities in Ecuador to pay a traffic fine. Now, ANT allows you cancel them in an easy and comfortable way via Internet.
You just have to enter the official website of the institution and carry out each of the steps that we will detail later.
First of all, you must make a query of traffic fines ANT. If you discover that you have a debt due to a road violation, then you can make the payment via the web. Follow the steps that we are going to indicate and in a few minutes you will be ready … and without having left your home.
Here we go:
- The first thing you have to do is enter the official website of the National Transit agency.
- Once there, go to the blue menu, located on the left side of the page, and click on the «Online payments» option.
- When you do, they will direct you to the section where you can see the different payment options that you have available to pay traffic fines on the platform. The first is payment with Visa and MasterCard credit card from Banco Pichincha or those from Rumiñahui, Loja and Manabí banks. The other way is the payment through the official platforms of the Pichincha and del Pacífico banks.
- Once you select the option «Payment by Credit Card», you will see the form that you must fill out following each request for data that they make. So you must enter the type of service you are requiring. In this case it is for «For citations / infractions», enter your type of document and the number. Then hit the Login button.
Pay Traffic Fines: Enter Card Information
Once you complete all the previous steps on the ANT page, you will be able to see a list of each of the fines that you have registered in the system, if you have any.
If you keep your own record, make sure that each of the amounts match the ones you have located in the ANT fines query. If everything is in order, then you are ready to pay traffic tickets.
Immediately They will ask for your credit card information, as well as some personal information, to verify that you are indeed the owner of the card.
When you have confirmed each of the data, you will have completed the process of paying traffic fines using the ANT web platform.
REMEMBER: make the payment of your fines on time so that the amount of interest does not increase. Avoid receiving higher penalties because you are late in payments.
Pay Traffic Fines: Authorized Payment Points
In all this automated system of payment of fines of the ANT you have at your disposal different collection channels and several authorized payment points. Here we list them:
- Pichincha Bank
- Bank of Pacific
Take advantage of this service where you can check if your vehicle or driver’s license has traffic fines or pending violations to pay.
If you have trouble remembering the ID number, you have the option of check the identification number . You can too examine vehicle owner data (ID, address, email, etc.) by license plate number. In case you have not paid the vehicle registration, check the value the value of the license plate.
To verify vehicle and license fines follow these instructions. Select the search option and enter your identification number, RUC, passport or the license plate of the vehicle you wish to consult and then press the button «CONSULT»
- ID: ID number. Example: 1700000001 ENTER
- Plate: Vehicle identification granted by the Transit Entity. Example: PBJ6000
You can check ANT traffic fines in Ecuador as many times as necessary. We advise you to always do it because accumulating fines will bring you worse consequences when you have to do a vehicle inspection or renew your driving license. You will not be able to do any traffic paperwork if you are not up to date with the traffic infraction fines.
Pay using Electronic Money
You should already be aware of the advantages of electronic money. So that you receive a technical way to cancel traffic violations and save time and money ANT offers you a new payment service using electronic money.
In order to enjoy its advantages, you must meet these requirements:
- Try to have an active e-money account.
- So you can make your payment with the identification or license plate number.
- You will have the possibility to check traffic violations.
- In this same way you will have the chance to cancel your fines.
- You must be aware that, in this way, You will not be able to pay for traffic violations that you receive from the Ecuadorian Transit Commission, CTE, and the Guayaquil Municipal Transit Authority, ATM.
We want to facilitate everything so that you do not have excuses in the non-payment of your fines. Check the instructive available on the web so that you do not lose track of any details about the payment of infractions with electronic money.
Likewise, we leave you as an emphasis these two steps without which it will be impossible for you to Pay Traffic Fines in ANT:
- Go to the website of the National Transit Agency
- Click on the «PAY» option.
- And then, follow the steps indicated in the instructions.
We also want to address any concerns and uncertainties you may have about the use of electronic money, since it is still a new way to pay and it may not be so popular in its use.
That is why we assure you that it is a dynamic way to carry out commercial transactions and can help you save time and money in moving from one place to another. What’s more, gives you security since you do not have to carry cash and it will relieve you of the anguish of going through a robbery or greater danger.
Here we tell you the institutions and businesses that accept electronic money as a form of payment to pay traffic fines:
- Bank of Pacific
- Amazon Bank
- central bank of Ecuador
- Cooperative of Savings and Credit Cooprogreso
- Paco Comercial e Industrial
- Full Load Commercial Network
- Pagoágil Points
- TIA warehouses
National Transit Agency (ANT)
Before we conclude our article where we have told you everything you have to do to Pay Traffic Fines, we want to leave you information about the National Transit Agency (ANT).
You need to know that the ANT is the entity that manages and coordinates all traffic in Ecuador. So we advise you to know it, because it is the one that creates laws, regulations, and plans that will impact you directly in land traffic.
Its job is to provide good road safety so that you can walk and drive as well as possible. So do your part and they do their job.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Ecuador