The Marriage certificate, It is an act or document of great importance for a couple as it authenticates and certifies the celebration of such an important event and union in the lives of the members of a stable sentimental relationship like this one.
It is for this reason that, in this article we not only focus our attention on the meaning of this certificate, which is explained at the end. But also, you will get information about: how to carry out the procedure, the requirements for the certificate of concubinage, the face-to-face application that you must follow to have it, its verification and, finally, its purpose.
How to process the Marriage Certificate?
As in any other type of procedure, you must follow and comply with a series of steps and requirements. Although sometimes the process can be long and complicated, below, we are going to show you what is the simplest and correct way to process this certificate.
Now, the first thing you should know is that you are going to need a smart device to complete a form. When you have the device, and you can access it through the web page, you must fill in each space of said request and then click on the send option.
Subsequently, the body in charge of reviewing and verifying if the information and data you entered are correct, and no space has an error, will proceed to send the request to the Civil registration. Then, the act will be legalized in the Ministry of the Interior, Public Works and Housing.
Finally, once the certificate has been legalized, the agency will send it to the email you provided in the form. In case you need to apostille the certificate, you should go to the offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Worship.
On the other hand, if the record contains an error or has a blank space, it will be rejected and it will be sent back to your email. If you do not correct the errors within the next ten business days, the request will be discarded. Therefore, you will have to start the process from the beginning.
Also, you must take into account that this page does not carry out these procedures if they correspond to the Province of Buenos Aires or the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires. This is because they both have direct attention. If you want to request this procedure in one of these jurisdictions, Click here.
Requirements for the Marriage Certificate
Generally, to start obtaining any type of certificate, organizations and institutions require or require a series of documents. This certificate, being a legal document, is not exempt from these requirements.
But, don’t worry, because below, we will show you a detailed list of all the requirements requested and demanded so that you can start with the process of this marriage certificate.
- Certificate Data:
- Country where the marriage took place.
- Province of the marriage.
- Place or point of marriage.
- Name and surname of both members of the couple.
- Date of birth of both.
- National Identity Document of the couple.
- Country or Consulate where the certificate will be presented.
- Procedure to be carried out with this act.
- Data for sending the certificate:
- Name and surname of both applicants.
- Living place.
- Place, city, or town.
- Postal Code.
- Shipping means.
Face-to-face Application for the Marriage Certificate
In Argentina, there are three different ways to request the marriage certificate, which are: face-to-face application, application by email and, finally, online application. However, here we will focus on the face-to-face application for this certificate.
In the face-to-face application, you must go personally to the corresponding Civil Registry, and there present the official form that we explained above, name and surname of the couple, ID and date and place of the wedding.
Likewise, there are various delegations of the Civil Registry in the City of Buenos Aires for: births, marriages, summary information and items. Next, we will show you the location of each delegation:
- Central Civil Registry. Uruguay 753. Shifts for weddings from 7:30 am to 6:00 pm.
- Vicente López 2050. Level four. Recoleta Mall. Entrance through the third floor. Shifts for married couples from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Spinetto: Moreno 2301. Wedding shifts from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- Carlos Calvo 3325. Marriage shifts from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Argentine patricians. Wedding shifts from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Av. Rivadavia 7202. Wedding shifts from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Av. Coronel Roca 5252. Wedding shifts from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- R. Gutiérrez 3254. Marriage shifts from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Holmberg 2548. Wedding shifts from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Cabildo 3067. Marriage shifts from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
- Beruti 3325. Marriage shifts from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- Av. Córdoba 5690. Wedding shifts from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.
Marriage Certificate Verification
In order for you to verify this certificate, you only have to go to the following web page: argentina.gob.ar, and, in it, verify your marriage certificate. When you get to the website, you just have to write the number of the marriage certificate or certificate.
Now, the certificates or records that are issued in electronic format by the General Directorate of the Civil Registry must be validated by an institution or, failing that, by the person making the request for it.
In addition to this, it is very important to note that all the information that is generated on the screen is the only one that is valid. So you should not worry when downloading the file and then printing it to carry out other types of procedures that require it.
What is it for?
It is convenient that you know the function and purpose of this certificate, since in many cases it is not usually given the importance it deserves. That is why, below, we will explain what this document is for.
This certificate has different uses. Since, when one of the members of the marriage wishes to consult information about a person, they will have complete assurance that the data they are looking for will be found in said organizations.
In addition, this document or certificate is essential to accredit data referring to any person who is registered in the Civil Registry. In addition to this, there are several reasons why citizens ask for the marriage certificate and they are:
- To know and know the abortion document.
- Also, to know the causes of dishonor and suspension of power. However, this information can only be consulted by a judge. In addition, you must justify the reason why you are asking for this information.
- To know the non-marital or unknown adoptive parentage of any of the spouses. This information can be obtained from the birth certificate.
- To find out if the marriage certificate has the electronic seal. Here is included a verification code that shows the expiration date and the verification process of the same.
Despite the fact that there are many factors that influence a good relationship with a couple and marriage, it is important that this union tries to stay completely away from possible complicated situations or problems that are usually everyday and common. For this reason, we encourage each member of the relationship to maintain respect, admiration, responsibility and fidelity during it.
What is it?
Now, we will finish this article, offering you a brief definition about this certificate. Well, this certificate is nothing more than a document that validates and certifies the coexistence union between two people who live as a couple.
By a lake, the word marriage is defined as the union between two people through a legal formality, which is recognized by law as family. In the past, this union was only exclusive for a man and a woman. However, today, more and more countries have accepted marriage between two people of the same gender or sex.
Generally, two types of marriage, civil marriage: performed in the presence of a state authority, and religious marriage: performed before the eyes of God. Likewise, this bond also legitimizes the filiation of the children that are procreated by the couple.
It is very important that the couple who finally decide to marry is willing to build and maintain respect and fidelity in the relationship. This is why the Civil Code indicates that both parties must be ready for the following obligations:
- Meet household expenses. This action must come from both parties.
- Maintain order and cleanliness in the home.
- Handle problems or possible inconveniences in the best possible way.
- Preserve respect, love, value, reciprocity and admiration for the other.
- Protect and care for children.
Then, as a final point, we can say that this certificate or certificate is going to be in charge of justifying the marital relationship between two people, whether they are of the same sex or of the opposite sex. In addition, this act is carried out by the State, through the Civil Registry and with the mandatory presence of a judge.
We end this article by inviting you to share it!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Argentina
Related articles that may interest you