The Medical certificate It is very useful when having to prove a person’s state of health, after a medical examination. It is a document that is issued in all countries of the world, as it can be used in many procedures that require analyzing the health of the holder.
That is why today we will explain how you can obtain it. In addition, we will tell you what you need to be able to carry out this procedure, what it contains and what it is for, and much, much more. Basically, you will know everything about Obtain the Medical Certificate in Spain.
Necessary Requirements for the Medical Certificate
Let’s start by talking about one of the most important aspects that you should consider: the Necessary Requirements for the Medical Certificate. Knowing them will help you a lot in synthesizing the necessary procedure to obtain this document, so we will analyze the requirements very briefly.
- Applicant’s Identity Document. It can be the DNI (preferably), Passport, etc.
- Official Medical Certificate Form. This is published jointly by the Council of Medical Colleges of Spain and issued by the Collegiate Medical Organization (OMC). The doctor should only use this document to issue the certificate, and only he can fill it out.
- Pay the Certificate Form. Currently this has a cost of 3.63 euros and you can buy it here if you are from Navarra. You just have to fill out the form, pay what is indicated and follow the instructions. You can also see where they sell it physically.
- A doctor who knows the relevant tests to be able to write the certificate and that it is legal.
- Wear comfortable clothes on the day of the appointment. Preferably sporty, for an easier exam.
- Finally, validate the document in the corresponding organisms.
With all this in mind, you should have no problem obtaining the Medical Certificate. You just have to keep very, very present the procedure you must follow in order to complete this process.
Of course, it is your task to locate the form in the Official College of Physicians. Without this, what you do will be of no use.
Steps to Follow to Obtain the Medical Certificate
Now that you know what is required, you can move on to know all about the Steps to Follow to Obtain the Medical Certificate. Keep in mind that, logically, this is a procedure that is done in person. Therefore, the first thing you should do is set aside some time to be able to carry out the process in its entirety.
But what about the rest?
- First, find out where you can get the Medical Certificate Form. You do this on the website or offices of the Official College of Physicians of your locality. Once you know where to get it, buy it.
- Schedule an appointment with your trusted doctor. Verify that he is able to write the report and ask if you should go fasting.
- On the day of the appointment, attend in comfortable clothes. Preferably sports, so that taking the exam is easier. If you don’t have a specific doctor, you can just drop in one day to a Medical Center. We recommend you go by appointment; It will save you time and be more organized.
- The doctor will fill out the certificate and sign it. Subsequently, you must go to one of the offices of the Official College of Physicians to validate the signature.
- Once you have done that, you will be able to use the certificate.
- Finally, as a result of the process, you will have obtained the Medical Certificate.
Remember to attend the College during Customer Service hours. This usually goes like this:
Monday to Friday
8:30 am to 2:30 pm
Also, keep in mind that there are certificates of different kinds:
- Of death,
- Driving or weapons license.
Sometimes validating the doctor’s signature is not necessary. We urge you to do so, for greater security and validity of the document. However, you can ask who you are requesting this document from.
Information Contained in the Medical Certificate
The Medical Certificate contains a series of patient and doctor data. This information varies depending on the results of the exams that the latter takes the former. It is important that you know exactly what you should have, in order that you can verify that everything is in order.
In general, this document should have:
- Names of those involved: patient and professional. Also, the address of the latter.
- Date the medical examination was performed, as well as the date this document was signed (and written).
- Characteristics of the patient’s health. It may be the degree of disability of the holder, the illness or lack of it. It should be directed to the purpose of the certificate. That is, if it is needed to prove a lack of work, then it must be indicated that the patient was unwell that day.
- Following this same line, the date on which the patient will be available again. Obviously, if necessary.
- The certificate It must be addressed to those who require it: employer, magistrate, insurer, entity, etc.
- Finally, the certificate must contain the signature of the authorized physician.
Check that all this information is in the document, so that you can validate the doctor’s signature and use the certificate when you need it.
In addition, the certificate will contain basic data such as: Class, Series, Document number, seal of the General Council of Official Associations of Physicians of Spain and of the WTO. In addition, it will indicate which school it is and, of course, the title of the document.
Who should process it and who issues it?
Who should process it and who issues it? This is a question you should ask yourself. In this way, you will know the role that corresponds to each of those involved in the process of issuing and processing the Medical Certificate.
There are three (03) main actors in the issuance of the document:
- The Collegiate Medical Organization (WTO).
- General Council of the Official Associations of Spain.
- Authorized physician.
The WTO It is the entity that is in charge of issuing all the certificates. As we said previously, these can be health, death, weapons, and so on. That is why you will find the seal of this organization throughout the document.
For his part, General Council of the Official Associations of Spain has its own tasks. This is dedicated to editing the document and everything related to it, such as the amount, update and classes of certificates. You can find this from Art. 59 of the General Statutes of the College Medical Organization and the General Council of Official Colleges.
Finally, it is at doctor Who is responsible for completing it with the specific data of the patient and following the necessary direction. This can not falsify data or post information that does not correspond to reality. The document must contain exactly the patient’s condition or what is contained in his Medical Record.
As for who should process it, as it seems to be something obvious. You, the patient, applicant and certificate holder, is the one who must complete the certification process. You must be in charge of acquiring the Official Form, take it to the doctor and then validate the signature of this, as required.
Then you should use the document for what you need it. In the next section we will analyze the Uses of the Medical Certificate. For now, what you should keep in mind is that only the patient is the one who can process this document.
Benefits of the Medical Certificate
To finish, let’s talk about the Benefits of the Medical Certificate. The truth is that this document is very important. It can be used in endless procedures, because knowing someone’s health can always be important. In fact, they are more and more institutions (both public and private) request this document.
Among the steps you can take with the certificate are:
- Request goods and services. We can find mostly those held by public or non-profit institutions. Subsidies, grants, etc. enter, especially in the area of health. Here it is necessary to know the care of the patient, his health and illness, among other things.
- Get a job. Currently, a large number of companies request this document when hiring a new worker. In this sense, you will need to do the procedure.
- In addition, follow routine requirements. Many employers ask their workers to present this report on a regular basis, to keep up with their health.
- Apply to participate in an activity. It can be to enter public competitions, as well as for athletes. The latter more often than many.
The Medical Certificate will allow you to prove your health status to a third party. What’s more, it will let you know how well you are in this area. This is the perfect excuse to go in for an inspection, something most people prefer not to do.
What is it?
The Medical certificate It is an official document that allows to prove the health conditions that a certain person presents. This is processed by the applicant, issued by the WTO and edited by the General Council of the Official Associations of Spain.
This is a single-use document. That is, the validity ends almost the moment you use it. Remember that your health can be in constant change, so the validity of this type of certificate is indefinite.
It is processed only in person, from the hand of a specialized doctor. This will be the one who will write down the characteristics of the patient and sign the document so that it can be validated.
The certificate is used to perform multiple tasks, all of which are very important. But tell us, what do you need it for? We hope we have helped you with what you were looking for.
Until next time!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Spain
Related articles that may interest you