Non-Resident Certificate: Steps, What It Is For and MORE

6 minutos de lectura

If you are a foreigner who wants to travel to Spain or is in the country, but you do not want to stay for a long period, then you should know about the Non-Resident Certificate.

In this article you will have the information you need to obtain this certificate, the rules and the purpose of this certificate. Likewise, for those who apply to obtain this important document. So go ahead, read on and take advantage of the information we have below.

How to Obtain the Certificate of Non-Resident?

To obtain the Certificate of Non-Resident, because you are a foreigner who needs to prove your immigration status in the country, you need certain requirements, which are the following:

  • Initially must not be in Spain irregularly.
  • It is a certificate that can be Requested for economic, professional or other reasons or interests.
  • Should prepare a letter addressed to the Consulate General making the request for the procedure.
  • It is your responsibility to present the original of the official form EX 15, it must be filled out on the computer since forms filled out by hand are not accepted.
  • Also, you must submit the applicant’s information in printed form and you can obtain it in the information window of the Consulate General.
  • Likewise, present the impression of the payment of fees consular, according to Model 790. Code 012.
  • Also present a copy of the valid passport and all the pages stamped or not.
  • Additionally, present all the documentation that justifies the reason for the request.

Steps to Follow to Obtain the Non-Resident Certificate

Any foreigner who, for any professional, economic or social reason, wants to certify their non-resident status in Spain, must request a Non-Resident Certificate, which is issued by the General Directorate of the Police.

In the event that the applicant is outside the country, he must go to the Embassy of Spain and deliver the required documentation.

Following the procedure for obtaining the Non-Resident Certificate, the steps to achieve it are the following:

  • You must present the forms EX-15 and 790-012 completely full.
  • The forms must be filled out on the computer and printed.
  • Also, you must indicate the address of email and phone number where you can receive the certificate.
  • Likewise, you must mark the “Certified” and “Non-Resident” boxes on the EX-15 form.
  • On form 790-012 you must check the box that says «Certificates / Reports.»
  • Also, you must present a valid passport. If you are a citizen of the European Union, you can provide the original identity document and a copy.
  • Also, the copy of passport It should be on a DIN A4 page.
  • Likewise, the copy of the passport must be the page where the photograph is.
  • Regarding the identification document, the copy must be of the front and back both on a single page.
  • Likewise, you must attach the Certificate of Registration current («Bestätigung der Meldung» or «Meldezettel»).
  • In addition, you must record a payment of the administrative fee for 7.03 euros, it must be paid in cash.
  • Likewise, you must make a communication that indicates the professional, economic or social causes that justify the request for the certificate.

This certificate of Non-resident has a valid for three months from the moment it is issued and it takes about a week to be ready.

Where to go for the procedure request for the non-resident certificate:

  • If the applicant is in Spain, he must go to the General Directorate of Police and Civil Guard or by Immigration Office o Police Station of the Province where the foreigner is residing.
  • If you are outside of Spain, you must do so in the diplomatic mission or in the Spanish consular office corresponding to the place of residence and must be addressed to the General Immigration and Borders Commissariat.

In the event that you cannot personally go to the Embassy to carry out the procedure, if you are outside of Spain, you must exceptionally present a special power of attorney that empowers an attorney to present the request for the certificate.

What is the Non-Resident Certificate for?

The Non-Resident Certificate is intended to validate the particular situation of a foreigner found in Spain. It allows to demonstrate or certify the legal situation in which the foreigner is in the country.

This document is frequently issued for the accreditation of non-residents in the cases of entrepreneurs who want to carry out some type of economic activity.

Any foreign citizen who is in Spain for a period greater than three months must be registered in the foreigners registry, in the first three months from your arrival, obtaining the certificate of Citizen Registration of the European Union and the NIE.

Until 2007, community members were issued an identification card. Then it was replaced by the certificate in folio format and well known as the green paper. Later the format was updated reducing the size for greater practicality when carrying it, in addition to making it more difficult to deteriorate.

It should be taken into consideration that carrying only the Non-Resident certificate, by itself it is not valid as identification but it is together with the passport.

Certificate Regulations

The Non-Resident Certificate, like other certificates, is the product of a series of regulations and obeys a specific Decree or Law.

The Certificate of Non-Resident in Spain is derived from the Organic Law Number 4 of the year 2000, dated January 11. This law refers to Rights and Freedoms of Foreigners in Spain and their Social Integration Article 34.2.

Likewise, Royal Decree 557 of April 20, 2011, Article 206, by which the Regulation of Organic Law 4/2000. This Regulation deals with the rights and freedoms of foreigners in Spain and their social integration. This, after the reform by Organic Law 2/2009.

Frequently Asked Questions about the Non-Resident Certificate

In all the issues concerns arise and in this it does not escape from it. The most common questions are listed below.

How long is the non-resident certificate valid?

The document called Non-Resident Certificate is valid for a maximum of three months, from the moment it is issued.

Is it essential to go to the Consulate or the Embassy to process the non-resident certificate?

It is absolutely necessary to go in person to carry out the procedure, however, there are exceptional cases where the person must give an authorization to an attorney to carry out the procedure.

Do youI am visiting Spain and due to the health emergency I cannot travel or request a permit, can I request a non-resident certificate?

If you are visiting Spain, and have not been able to return to your country of origin, in this period of health emergency, the Spanish authorities have extended the period of legal stay. As long as the health emergency exists and you are allowed to travel, you will have legal permission.

Therefore, for these cases, the request for a non-resident certificate does not apply..

What is it?

The Certificate of Non-Resident in Spain is nothing other than a document that accredits, validates or certifies the temporary stay of foreigners in Spain.

If a foreign citizen is temporarily in Spain, either community or from a third country and wishes to prove their non-resident status, for different reasons, both professional, social or economic, therefore requires the certificate in Spain.

What is wanted with the issuance of the Non-Resident Certificate is to legally demonstrate the situation in which a foreign citizen is in the country.

The Certificate of Non-Resident is a figure that is regulated in the Organic Law on Rights and Freedoms of Foreigners in Spain and their Social Integration.

You already know the importance of owning this certificate, you also know how you can apply, don’t wait for more time to pass and take action now.


Related articles that may interest you

How to recover Debit Card password: What is a Debit card, its advantages and disadvantages

You want to know How to recover Debit Card password? Simple! Here you will find all the information you need ...

What are the Conditions and Requirements for Donating Blood in Argentina

Did you know that 8 out of 10 people need a blood donation for themselves or their family environment? Furthermore, ...

How to recover my Movistar Play account: How to recover Movistar Play username and password

As in any page where an individual needs to enter with an email and a security password, there is always ...

Requirements for Icetex Credit: Documents, What it is and MORE

The Colombian Institute of Educational Credit and Technical Studies Abroad (ICETEX) is a Colombian entity that promotes education at a ...

The Best Procedures Page

Deja un comentario