This article is for those interested in obtaining their PDI Travel Certificate, and they don’t know how to do it and what they need. So read it in full as it will provide you with all the necessary information about this process.
In it, we will tell you what requirements you need, how to request it and why to do it, in addition to talking about its cost and answering the most common questions about this process. Read on and discover how easy it is to get this certificate.
Requirements for the PDI Travel Certificate
The PDI Travel Certificate It is a necessary procedure when a person has to certify the registry of entries and exits from Chile. If you are one of those people you have to take all the requirements that they ask of you and if you do not know what they are, do not worry, here we show them:
- Photocopy of identification document and passport
- Photocopy of the stamped residence visa, in case you are a foreigner with a long time living in Chile.
- Photocopy of Definitive Permanence Certificate, if you want to know more about this process, click here.
- In the event that it is a request from minors, those who provide the payment must send a e-mail Proving with a document or processing your relationship with the applicant in which it says «minor», this requirement is mandatory.
- If you go on behalf of another person, you must carry a power of attorney that proves that the represented authorizes their representation.
- Proof of the deposit or transfer of the payment for the amount that costs the entire process of the PDI Travel Certificate.
These are all the requirements that you must take to obtain your PDI Travel Certificate, each of them are indispensable.
What is the PDI Travel Certificate for?
The PDI Travel Certificate It is a necessary and indispensable document for the foreigner who requests the Certificate of Definitive Permanence to continue as a resident in Chile. What makes this document important is that it proves that you have been outside the country for more than 6 months.
This is a very simple procedure to take out that due to the current world situation due to the pandemic, it will only take one hour of your time in PDI. So if you want to stay in Chile for a long time, we recommend that you look for each one of the requirements and request it as quickly as possible.
Create an Account in the PDI Online Appointment Booking System
To get PDI Travel Certificate You have to book an appointment at PDI, you can do this online. But for this it is necessary that you have an account in the online Appointment Booking system, in case you do not have one, here we give you the steps to create it:
- Access the Web page.
- Click on the «Register» option.
- In the pop-up window, press the button «I accept the conditions of use».
- Then complete the registration with the data they ask for, enter your passport, ID, expiration date, your names and surnames, email and confirmation of this, your nationality and date of birth.
- Select «Register»
- Then you will see a complete registration message, which you must confirm along with a e-mail that has been sent to you.
- Go to your email, in the inbox you will find the e-mail sent with an email, password and login link of the System.
- Enter the system to reserve your time with the information sent to the email and you are done with your account and reserve. Once you have used the password sent you have to change it to one of your preference.
That is how simple you can create your account in the system you can book the appointment to obtain your PDI Travel Certificate. If you don’t know how to do it, don’t worry, just follow these instructions:
How to book an Appointment?
- Access the website.
- Press the »Login» option.
- Enter the email given in the registry.
- Enter your password, remember if it is the first time you start the section you must enter with the password sent in the registry, then you can change it.
- Click on the box that says «Procedures associated with», which is in the upper right hand side of the page.
- Select the region you belong to.
- Indicate the type of procedure you want to request, those that are available are: Definitive Permanence Registry, Definitive Permanence Certificate of validity, PDI Travel Certificate and visa registration to apply for Definitive Permanence, Visa Registration and Duplicate Visa Registration.
- Then the available dates of the calendar will be displayed, choose a cell that is not marked and that will be the day of your appointment.
- Click on «Confirm»
- Once this is done, a pop-up page will open, in which the receipt of your reservation will appear, which you must save in PDF format and print as a precaution, in addition to taking it to the appointment.
And ready! You already have your reservation for the appointment, so memorize it and do not forget to bring the voucher.
Cost of the PDI Travel Certificate
As we already mentioned one of the requirements at the time of your appointment to obtain the PDI Travel Certificate, It is the payment of the procedure, which is essential to the application.
The cost of this procedure is a total of 800 Chilean pesos exact, neither more nor less, which have to be transferred to these bank details:
- Chilean Investigative Police – Jenaex
- State Bank
- Current account No. 9236074
- RUT: 60.506.000-5
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the concept you must put your name and «travel certificate»
In this part of the article we will try to answer the most common concerns that are had during the reversal of an appointment to obtain the PDI Travel Certificate.
How to enter if I forget the password?
In the event that you have technical problems when starting your section, such as not being able to recover your password, it is best to create a new account. Which you must register with another email that is not the same as the previous account, we recommend an email Gmail.
How to register with only one last name?
The solution to this is very simple, you just have to fill in the empty space of the missing surname with the repetition of the first and only surname. If you have a compound surname, you must enter it without spaces, dashes or accents.
What if the appointment confirmation email never arrived?
You must obtain a screenshot of your account in the PDI Appointment Reservation System showing the confirmed day and time and print it for the day of the appointment.
Do upper and lower case letters affect when I enter?
If you cannot enter and not because of the password, the safest thing is that the email is wrong. Verify that you have entered it correctly and be careful with the upper and lower case, since the system will see it as a different email.
In general, the person interested in reserving an appointment is recommended to start their section and enter the system through an unknown window. Thus avoid the problems caused by cookies or cache.
Is there a specific day or time when new spots are released?
There is currently no specific day or time when new quotas are released. If the day you enter the system you do not find available hours, you must enter the Automated Appointment Assignment.
Can you carry out the procedure in an office other than the one where you live?
If you can do it, with the difference that first you have to contact the respective office and find out how their protocol works, since not all have the same. For example, one offices are reserved by phone, in others in person or in order of arrival.
What to do if you cannot find available hours the day you enter the page?
This is one of the most common and tedious problems, but don’t worry, its solution is very simple. In the event that there are hours at the POI to reserve, you must access the option that is given to you which is «Automated Assignment of Appointments »and wait for your appointment to be confirmed.
How to communicate with PDI?
In case of any problem not answered here, it is best that you contact PDI directly and you can do it by:
Contact for Claims
- National Headquarters of Migration and International Police:
Address: San Francisco 253, Santiago
Telephone numbers: +562 2 708 10 43 +562 2 708 10 44
Hours: Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 14:00.
- International Airport Police Prefecture:
Address: Arturo Merino Benítez Airport
Telephone numbers: +562 2708 26 59
- Social networks. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
What is the PDI Travel Certificate?
The PDI Travel Certificate It is an important procedure for obtaining other documents such as the Certificate of Definitive Permanence in Chile, which is issued by the Chilean Investigative Police (PDI) and the State Migration Units.
This process is necessary so that people can certify and accredit the registry of entries and exits from Chile, regardless of whether they are Chilean or foreign. You also have 30 days from the date of issuance as validity, to request the Definitive Stay.
This is all you needed to know about obtaining the PDI Travel Certificate, We hope you liked it and helped you to put it into practice to ensure your stay in Chile.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Chile
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar