It is already a custom that couples who have been dating for years want to contract a Catholic marriage, however they fail to fulfill their wish because they do not obtain the necessary procedures to carry out the wedding. That is why in the article that you will read below You will be able to know the requirements for Catholic marriage and also how to make it feel single, its benefits and more.
Marriage is the beginning, the beginning of the family, and it’s a lifetime commitment. It also provides the opportunity to grow in selflessness as you serve your wife and children. Marriage is more than a physical union; It is also a spiritual and emotional union. This union reflects that which exists between God and his Church.
Based on the aforementioned in marriage, the husband and wife give themselves totally to each other in their masculinity and femininity, and only that sexual union can cooperate with God in the procreation of a new human life. Only such a union fulfills God’s plan for both sexuality and marriage itself.
Requirements for Catholic Marriage
You may find that the legal Catholic Marriage Requirements for marriage are confusing and overwhelming. With everything you need to plan a wedding these days: selecting the perfect dress, choosing a carefully coordinated menu of classic dishes culminating in a spectacular wedding cake, and finding the right venue: However, there are not many documents and procedures to carry out:
- Present proof of birth and identification
- Current driver’s license
- State issued identification card
- Birth certificate
- Military ID
- Alien registration card and social security number
But nevertheless would be referring to the legal requirements, but there are also other requirements that you will have to take into account to carry out your marriage:
- Consent: Before a marriage union is recognized by a state, there must be consent or agreement between the parties to the union to marry. For there to be confirmation, both parties must agree to the marriage and there must be no mistake as to the nature of the union; no force should be used on either party to enter the joint.
- Age: age is an additional aspect of consent to marry. All states set the age that both parties to the marriage must meet before they can legally agree to become spouses without parental permission. For all but two states, this «age of consent» is 18 years.
- Capacity– Ability generally refers to the mental capacity of one or both parties to the marriage to agree to become spouses. Both parties must be «healthy» and capable of accepting the marriage. Not all forms of mental illness and insanity make someone unable to marry.
- A family attorney can help– If you and your partner are considering getting married, it may be helpful to speak with an experienced family law attorney. An attorney will ensure that all legal requirements of the marriage are met.
The documents would be different for each city or municipality. Please have an original and keep photocopies for yourself. However, these are the common requirements for a civil and Catholic wedding:
- At least 2 valid IDs of the partner during the personal appearance
- Confirmation of Attendance in Premarital Counseling
- Birth document
- Certificate of non-marriage
- Marriage license application form
- Colombian authorization
- Community Tax Certificate 1 × 1 Image
Some Requirements for Catholic Marriage will be explained below. Note that both parties must ensure the above list of requirements, but for the additional requirements, it is only required in a certain part with those conditions. For example,
However, you need to know that marriage contributes to society because it shapes the way women and men live interdependently and commit, for life, to seek the best for each other. Furthermore, the marital union provides the best conditions for raising children: namely, the stable and loving relationship of a mother and father present only in marriage.
The state correctly recognizes this relationship as a public institution in its laws because the relationship makes a unique and essential contribution to the common good.
If you are single and want to reconcile the marriage, or both want to take this step. The requirements for singles are not different from those mentioned. However, it is necessary that you acquire them since without them they will not be able to carry out their tasks:
- Being over 18 years.
- Have notified the marriage 3 months of notification of the marriage (or have a court exemption order if this is not the case) and the registrar has issued a marriage registration form.
- Being single, widowed, divorced, former civil partner of a civil partnership that ended by death or dissolution, or having had a civil annulment of a marriage or civil partnership or a valid foreign divorce or dissolution. (If you are marrying your civil partner, you do not need to dissolve your civil partnership before you marry. It will automatically dissolve when you marry).
- Have the mental capacity to understand the nature of marriage. Not related by blood or marriage to a degree that prohibits you by law from marrying each other. If you are related to your proposed spouse by blood or marriage, you should contact an attorney to ensure that you are not within the prohibited degree of relationship.
On the other hand the reality of marriage is that it was in many ways a means of survival socioeconomic. Women cared for the home and provided children, and were sometimes even exchanged as part of an economic or political arrangement, and men provided financial security. However, with the transformed gender roles and social structures of today.
Marriage has evolved to become less about practical subsistence and service, and more about romantic love.
Requirements for Marriage with a Foreigner
Please note that these documents only address the legal requirements for the possibility of marrying if you are a foreigner residing in the Colombian country. If you are getting married in a religious or secular ceremony, you must discuss your requirements with the celebrant of your marriage, you will need to complete the Requirements for Catholic Marriage if you wish to make your wish come true:
- Passport (biopage)
- Copy of the stamp of your last arrival
- Certificate of legal capacity to marry (from the foreign embassy)
- Divorce Decree (if you are divorced)
- Death certificate of deceased spouse (if widowed)
- Naturalization paper (if naturalized)
- Official nationality card (of both people)
Nevertheless There are benefits of marrying someone from abroad. Not everything has to paperwork and legal complications. Here are some benefits:
- When your partner is a foreigner, of course, he / she will cook for you (at least occasionally) and you will be able to eat the real food from that real kitchen. It is not like going to an ethnic restaurant in your country where the food fits and mixes with the local food.
- Having a foreign partner means that you will be able to travel to where he / she is originally and where his / her friends, relatives and relatives live. Most importantly, you will enjoy guiding you like a local to see the best places and never be treated like a tourist in your country.
- As all cultures have special festivals and holidays, you will learn about and enjoy various celebrations. There will be a spirit of celebration in your home throughout the year.
Catholic Marriage Benefits
While anyone who is married might tell you that it’s not all steak and rose dinners, the marriage has had a surprisingly bad surprise lately. The marriage rate is at its lowest point in 150 years for several reasons. If you are thinking of walking down the aisle (or into the church), You may be interested in learning about these amazing benefits of being married:
one.Makes you richer– Being married has many financial benefits, including a number of tax breaks, but it can actually make you rich too.
two.There are better tax benefits: You may know that there are tax benefits to being married, but what you may not realize is how many different tax benefits there are when you say «yes.»
3.There are health insurance benefits– A married person may have more options when it comes to health insurance. Most companies offer an option for coverage for an employee’s spouse, which they generally won’t do for any resident partner.
Four.The greatest benefit of allOf course, regardless of the amazing benefits of marriage, most people still marry for an old-fashioned reason: love and companionship. Yes, love is all you need, but hey, it doesn’t hurt that marriage has so many incredible benefits.
What is a Catholic Marriage in Colombia?
Marriage, as designed by God, it is a faithful, exclusive and lifelong union of a man and a woman united in an intimate community of life and love. They are fully committed to each other and to the wonderful responsibility of bringing children into the world and caring for them. The man and the woman are equal; They are also different.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Related articles that may interest you