If you want be part of the military reserve, there is a set of Requirements to be a Reservist that you must have up to date. These are very important to take into account, as they are the ones that will allow you to complete the procedure to become a military man and be able to carry out the corresponding functions.
The Reservist is that person who is undoubtedly part of a military reserve unit. Their functions extend most of all to the civil sphere, because even though they prepare in a military way, they are people who will only be called to provide support in situations of war or invasion. In this way, it can be said that they combine a civilian career with a military role.
Next, We will explain the procedure you must follow to be a reservist, the requirements, costs and everything relevant that you must know to be part of this force: functions, costs, linked requests, and much more.
How is the process to be a Reservist?
To be a reservist a procedure must be followed very important, because it is the one that will allow you to become one of them if you follow it correctly. We will explain this to you shortly, but you should know that this must be fulfilled to the letter, because even though being part of the Chilean reserve is not difficult, it does have some requirements.
Let’s see what they are:
- The first thing is inform you, which you are already doing. This first step is very important because it is the one that will allow you to know everything related to the subject, so that you will avoid wasting time on other things.
- Next, you must do the collection of all requirements and antecedents that we will explain to you in the following sections.
- Once you have the documents in hand, you should know that the procedure is done in person. You have to go to the office of the Mobilization Base Unit that you find closer to you. You can check the addresses like this:
- Army: + 56 2 2693 40 00.
- Air Force: +56 2 2740 50 00.
- Navy: +56 2 2976 00 00.
- First of all say hello. Then proceed to identify yourself and explain the reason for your call. When you get to the office, go to the reception and mention that you want to do the application to be part of the Armed Forces and be able to be called to active duty.
- Deliver the required documents and make the corresponding payment, which we will talk about later.
- That is all! You will have already submitted the request. This will be analyzed to see if there is a lack of antecedents or if there are any problems. If the decree is approved, the request will be sent to the Armed Forces with a maximum of one month and 10 days.
Do you see that it is not complicated? It is actually extremely easy and in the rest of the article you will see how simple it is becoming.
Request to be Reservist
You apply to be a reservist when you show up at the office of the Base Mobilization Unit (UBM). It is a procedure that you can carry out at any time of the year, so you can go when you feel more comfortable and can do it.
To apply to be a reservist, you must first go to this UBM office. We already told you how you can know which direction to go, so you only need to know what Requirements to be a Reservist you will need to do the procedure and we will tell you below:
- Be of age (> 18).
- Be a citizen or Chilean citizen.
- Certificate of Military Status, which you can purchase on the website of the General Directorate of National Mobilization (DGMN), at the offices and on the website of ChileAttend or in an office of the recruiting canton. This procedure has no cost, but the validity is exactly three three (3) months.
- Request for call to active duty.
- Sworn declaration that guarantees that you are not in a situation of disability.
- Testimony where it is evident, you are not related to problems of a legal nature or reservations related to the human rights of the Chilean. This must be duly approved by a judicial authority.
- Proof of availability of funds. This document is only necessary if you are called to serve actively, but professionally, and is issued by the institutional staff command.
That’s all you’ll need, if you can believe it. Although yes, if you want to obtain your Certificate of Military Status in a on-line, you must have your Unique Key. If you don’t have it, you should only:
- Go to Office of the Civil Registry and Identification Service or to the office ChileAtiende office closer to you.
- Say you are going to ask for your Unique Key for the first time. You must only present your valid identity card and in good condition; the procedure has no cost.
- They will give you a code. You must enter the Unique Key web page to Activate your Key with the code, follow the instructions and that’s it.
Participation in the Armed Forces Reserve
This is aimed at interested parties who apply as reservists, and are reservists with or without military training, so that they can be part of courses regarding military training. The application has no cost and you must do it at the UBM office closest to you. You will only need:
- Identity card (current).
- Updated Military Status Certificate, whether or not you have prior military training.
- Extract of services rendered, which you can get at the Chilean Air Force (FACH) personnel command, in the Army’s general file, or at the general directorate of the Navy personnel.
For more information go to this link.
What does it take to be a reservist?
You probably think there is a series of characteristics that will allow you to be a reservist, and the truth is that it is completely successful. Although the profile of a reservist is not completely specified, but is valid merely for documentation and background, it is important to have some requirements when applying for this position. These could even be considered part of the Requirements to be a Reservist.
To be a reservist you must:
- Be of age and be a citizen of Chile, as mentioned in the previous section.
- Want to participate as a reservist, in a Base Mobilization Unit, whether of the Air Force, Army or Navy.
- Have a physical and psychological health according to the needs of the service. This assessment will be carried out by a UBM doctor.
- Possess availability of weather to participate in the instructions constantly.
- Consider you patriot on some level, as you will eventually be called to defend your homeland.
As you will realize, None of the requirements to be a reservist is to have previous military training.
In addition, It is important Keep in mind that when making the request to be a reservist, you can decide if you want to work in the reserve of any of the institutions of the Armed Forces to:
- Military training and preparation to mobilize, where reservists have military training or not.
- Serve in the Armed Forces, where you will necessarily have military training.
- You can become an officer or permanent cadre if you actively participate in the institutional reserve and meet all the requirements to be a reservist.
- You will be able to acquire medals according to your stay and participation in the reserve.
Cost of the procedure
You are wondering if the procedure has an associated cost, and the truth is that it does. However, look at it as a contribution to the Armed Forces, because that’s what it’s for.
You can review the right rates, as well as extra information on the role of reservist, by clicking here.
For March 2020, it was decreed as follows:
- Request for Provision of Professional Services: $ 5,000.
- Renewal of Request for Provision of Professional Services: $ 630.
- Application for Enrollment at the end of the degree: $ 3,000.
Other formalities such as the Certificate of Military Status, Volunteer Request, Request for a Special Military Instruction Course, Certificate of Pass to Available Reserves, Advance Request, etc. they have no associated cost.
In any case, if you have to pay something, you will be notified at the Office of the Mobilization Base Unit and you can process it right there. Do not worry!
Where to do the procedure?
To complete the procedure and become part of a reserve unit of an institution of the Armed Forces, you should go to the office of the Mobilization Base Unit closer to you. The addresses of these offices, so that you can find out which one is closest to you, you can check them by calling:
- Army: + 56 2 2693 40 00.
- Air Force: +56 2 2740 50 00.
- Navy: +56 2 2976 00 00.
Other formalitiesAs is the case with the Certificate of Military Status and obtaining a Unique Password, you can do them in ChileAtiende, online or in some of the branches. You can check these by clicking here.
As to other types of costsIt is important to clarify that you will not be sacrificing your job. You will maintain your right to your function, job or work, with the seniority attested. This is whether the reservist is called to active duty or mobilization.
What is it?
The reserve It is a group of people, with or without military education, members of the country’s human potential, who are not part of the military base or active service. A national reserve should be understood as the group of people, regardless of their gender, who are in mental, physical and moral conditions to mobilize or perform other functions for the benefit of the country.
By military reserve or armed forces is understood all persons without distinction of gender who are of military age, with or without military training.
All reservists during peacetime they have the obligation to belong to a reserve center (military training or instruction units) and announce their change of address within thirty days after the change.
Reservists who are adapted for service, with or without military training, should go to the reserve center for their connection or to the meeting places assigned to them, when the head of the respective reserve center calls them, to carry out sessions or periods of instruction without any compensation.
Now that you know what the Reservation Requirements are, you can apply!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Chile
Related articles that may interest you