If you ever want to become a stewardess, then you will need to know what the Requirements to be a stewardess that you should have on hand. These are very important when starting your studies and applications for the position so do not forget to present them in an orderly and legible manner, duly completed.
A stewardess it is considered the face of the flight company. This is because it is the person who interacts with customers, to offer an endearing and accurate service. In Colombia, hundreds of girls apply for stewardess courses, as this can be considered one of the best jobs in the country.
Requirements to be a stewardess
Not all can be hostesses. There are a number of very important requirements that you must take into account because they are necessary requirements to have not only before starting your career as a flight attendant, but during and afterwards. Let’s see what they are:
- To be adult.
- You need to have finished the secondary and the University. In the latter, if you specialized in areas such as sociology, public relations, communication or psychology, the better.
- You must do the course Flight attendant or Cabin Crew (TCP), in which you will learn first aid techniques and knowledge about survival, reactions in the event of fire, etc.
- The more Languages drive the better. At a basic level, English is important, but if you have learned other languages, such as Mandarin, then the odds are in your favor.
- You Health it must be optimal, and you must certify it.
- The age It is important. The younger, the less experience is required.
- The judicial background They must be impeccable, just like having a passport.
- You should not have tattoos that cannot be covered, as well as piercings.
- You will probably need to know how to handle yourself and the crew in a jungle.
- As surprising as it may sound, you will need to be able to carry some weight, in case you need to help a traveler with their suitcase.
- In many airlines it is important not to have moles on the face, but it depends on each one.
- You will have to keep your nails short and properly presented at all times, so if you like the opposite … presentation It is important.
- You must have certain height. On average this should be between 1.58 cm to 1.88 cm in women; in men the minimum is 1.68.
- Some airlines consider the issue of weight important, which must be in accordance with your height and age.
- To know swim it is also important, as it must be able to serve as a lifesaver.
- Finally, you probably need to submit a Admission Test if you are going to take a course.
But nevertheless, each airline is unique in terms of requirements, since each of them thinks about the needs of the final consumer in different ways. Thus, let’s say that in general the most important requirements are:
- The studies completed.
- Health condition.
- Minimun height.
- Physical presence.
Documents you need to be a stewardess
Now that you know what the requirements are to be a stewardess, we will talk to you about the documents that you must present to apply for an airline:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certificate of having completed the Cabin Crew Course (TCP).
- Photocopy of passport (valid).
- Bachelor’s degree and university degree in humanistic careers, related to tourism or customer service.
- Criminal record.
- Photocopy of the citizenship card.
- Photocopy of medical certificate. This must be top-notch.
- Certificates of courses in English, French, German, Mandarin or any other language that you have developed.
And some others specific to where you are going to apply.
Where can you study to be a hostess in Colombia?
If you have already decided that you want to study to become a stewardess, it is time for you to know where you can go to study your studies:
- Antioquia Academy of Aviation.
It has a duration of three (3) months and is located in Medellín, Colombia. You will graduate with the career of Passenger Cabin Crew.
- Grancolombiano Polytechnic.
It has a duration of six (6) semesters, that is, 24 months of study, and is located in Bogotá, Colombia. The title is Bachelor of Technology in Service Management for Airlines.
- ECOTET: Colombian School of Hospitality and Tourism.
In this school you have the option of taking the course Flight attendant, which has a duration of ten (10) months. Also, you can see the career of Onboard Services Professional Technician, where they will not only instruct you to offer airline services, but also in cruise ships, airports, etc. It lasts four (4) semesters and is located in Bogotá, Colombia.
- INEC Aviation School.
It has a duration of three (3) semesters, that is, 18 months, and is located in Medellín, Palmira, Pereira and Rionegro. Here you will study how Crew cabin (TPC).
Requirements to be a Hostess: Costs
The costs Studying to be a hostess depends on the program and institution where you are going to study. Some of these costs are:
- Antioquia Aviation Academy: the Passenger Cabin Crew race has a cost of 1,260,000 pesos, more or less.
- Grancolombiano Polytechnic: the cost of your course in Technology in Service Management for Airlines is approximately 700,000 pesos.
- ECOTET: Colombian School of Hospitality and Tourism, He has his career at a cost of 600,000 pesos, and the cost of his program is variable.
- UNITEC University Corporation: On the other hand, the career of Technologist in Management of Airlines and Travel Agencies has a value of approximately 800,000 pesos.
However, it is considered a good investment. For 2019, in Colombia the hostesses charged an average of 1200 euros per month early in your career.
The truth is that the total income of someone who is dedicated to this profession will always depend on the company they work for and the experience they carry with them. In addition, being a hostess entails acquiring numerous benefits.
Benefits of being a stewardess
Let’s see what are the benefits of becoming a stewardess. Surely you already have some of these in mind, if you are interested in the subject, but if not, we will explain them briefly here.
- It allows you to know new places. This is the most obvious benefit and the reason many people choose to prepare for this position. Hostesses spend their time traveling to new destinations, where they can stay for up to a few days. Also, of course, there is the fact that you will get to know other cultures.
- The schedule is flexible. Work hours are not fixed, or at least not usually. This means that your work days are going to vary; while other people are working you could be relaxed in your House.
- You will meet new people. You will get in touch with new companions on each flight with whom you can meet again.
- Discounts on numerous services. As if that were not enough, some airlines have agreements with gyms, stores, spas, clinics, etc., which allow you to obtain discounts.
- Salary. They are going to pay you more than the average salary in your country, which is advantageous in terms of your financial status.
- Low cost flights. Yes! You can simply pay some basic airline costs and travel to any destination for much less than a normal person.
- Can work in quality airlines, between them Avianca Y Copa Airlines, whose work ethic is impeccable.
What is a Hostess in Colombia?
Originally, at flight attendants sHe called them hostesses because it was the women who did this job. Over time this term has been changing, adjusting to more general words.
Auxiliary men began to be called stewardesses and women adopted the figure of stewardess, flight attendant, flight attendants and more. Finally, they are now known as flight assistants or cabin crew, although we will always commonly know them as hostesses.
They have the mission, not only in Colombia but throughout the world, of ensure the cpassenger comfort, as well as their safety. They are fully trained to face any possible situation and are undoubtedly a very important part of the flight program.
In short, if you want to know new places, meet new people and you are very social, we recommend you choose this profession, without a doubt.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar