The Requirements to be President are exposed throughout this article. Being the highest authority in a country requires preparation, and you must also meet some requirements. This in order to perform their functions in the best possible way, for the benefit of the inhabitants of the nation.
It is important to know other aspects such as: The steps to follow to be President in Bolivia, how is the election process. Also on the functions to be exercised by the President, the time that the position lasts and the Body to which the candidates for the Presidency must address.
What are the Requirements to be President of Bolivia?
In Bolivia there is the opportunity for a woman or a man to be President. The following are Requirements to be President in Bolivia:
- Be 30 years of age or over for voting day.
- Reside in Bolivia 5 years prior to voting.
- Be a Bolivian citizen.
- Have completed military service (for men).
- Do not have a sentence of enforceable charge, nor in criminal matters to be fulfilled.
- Have the current registration in the electoral roll.
Documentation Needed to Run for President of Bolivia
In addition to complying with the Requirements to be President of Bolivia, the following documentation must also be consigned:
- Cupdated birth certificate and in original.
- The voluntary declaration in front of a notary Public Fé.
- Copy of the identity card.
- Military service booklet in original and copy. A valid document issued by the relevant body can also be presented.
- Certification of data on finance solvency, through the Office of the Comptroller General of the State in force and original.
- Certificate of the criminal record issued by the National Directorate of Penalties, which depends on the Council of the Magistracy, current and in original.
- Current certification issued by the SERECI (Civic Registry Service).
- The certificate issued by the SIPPASE of the Ministry of Justice (Comprehensive Plurinational Prevention System).
Steps to Follow: Requirements to Be President of Bolivia
To be President of Bolivia, you must obey a series of steps. These are:
The first step is to collect both the Requirements to be President in Bolivia as documentation.
The Postulation to the Presidency
Must be have the support of a political party and consign the documentation to be President in the Electoral Tribunal.
How to complete the application form to be President?
This form is very easy to complete, you only have to put personal information such as: Age, names and surnames, home address, identity card number, the day and time the application was made. Has to bring 2 witnesses that certify the nomination to be President.
The Presidential Election
During this process the following activities are carried out:
- Coordinate the voting procedure.
- Define the date and the way in which the elections will be held.
- Make public on the website of the Plurinational Electoral Body (OEP), the results of the electoral process, the revocation of mandate and referendums in the national territory.
- Notify the Technical Inspection Unit, any type of mishap that occurred during the election.
After the Elections
In some voting centers, some members who are registered in each of the political parties that exist may attend. On the other hand, the TSE (Supreme Electoral Tribunal) has a span of 7 days after the voting, to give the results on the candidates who won.
These become automatically in the presidential match of each organization. Only in the event of serious illness or death, these people cease to participate in general voting.
The Taking of Possession
Is done a formal ceremony with the winning President of the elections. This must carry the symbols of the President in front of the National Congress.
During the election process in Bolivia, the agencies in charge are detailed below, as well as their functions:
The OEP (Plurinational Electoral Body)
East It is part of the 4 Organs of public power of the Plurinational State of the country. It has the same constitutional rank as the Executive, Judicial and Legislative Bodies. In addition, it is independent in nature in terms of its functions with respect to other State agencies, with which it has a connection.
Likewise, it collaborates and plans on the basis of autonomy and the separation of powers, this for the proper fulfillment of its functions and activities, in accordance with the provisions of Articles 3 and 4 of Law No. 018 of the Electoral Body.
Among the functions of the OEP are the following:
- Its main function is to strengthen Intercultural Democracy of the Plurinational State of the country. Which is based on the complementation of direct, representative, community and participatory democracy in accordance with what is established in Articles 1 and 5 of Law No. 018 of the Electoral Body.
- Direct the democratic system, electoral justice and civil registry.
- Inspect political entities, plan, coordinate and carry out the election processes.
- The righteousness of the OEP is the foundation for guarantee the functions it must perform, especially throughout the country. It also applies to all polling stations located abroad.
The Plurinational Electoral Body is made up of: The Departmental Electoral Courts, the Supreme Electoral Tribunal, Electoral Courts, Electoral Notaries and the Juries of the Suffrage Tables. As stipulated in Article 3, Law No. 018 of the Electoral Body, which can be reviewed through this link.
TSE Supreme Electoral Tribunal
It is the highest authoritarian level of the OEP (Article 206 of the Political Constitution of the Plurinational State of Bolivia). Its headquarters are in La Paz, and its MAE (Maximum Executive Authority) is the Plenary Chamber. This decides and solves with most of the members in function in public sessions, except those declared in accordance with the Internal Regulations.
Its resolutions must be complied with, they are not appealable or reviewable. Except in matters that belong to the jurisdiction and capacity of the Plurinational Constitutional Court, as established in Articles 11 and 17 Law, N. 018.
The Supreme Electoral Tribunal is made up of 7 members. At least 2 of these vowels are of rural native indigenous origin. At least 3 (women) serve for a period of 6 years (Article 12, N. 018).
In addition, it offers support to citizens through the SERECI (Civic Registry Service). Also from SIFDE (Intercultural Service for Democratic Strengthening) and the UTF (Technical Inspection Unit).
Basic Functions of Being President of Bolivia
Being President of a country is an important responsibility, since it is in charge of directing an entire nation, and making decisions in favor of its inhabitants. For this reason, the functions to be exercised by the President are listed below:
- Show yourself as the highest authority of the country.
- Call the ordinary and extraordinary sessions of the Governing Board and determine the order of the day.
- Direct, interrupt and adjourn the sessions.
- Control the progress of the debates, and through your vote resolve when there are ties.
- Expand financial management according to the admitted budget.
- Endorse certificates and documents of the agreements of the entity.
- Execute the required legality regarding the convenience of the Body. Notifying the Governing Board, when the first session.
- Solve the anticipated claims to the labor or civil route.
- In emergency situations, make the decisions that are required, on issues that correspond to the Governing Board.
- Acquire the necessary personnel, who will be at the service of the Body, as well as sign employment contracts.
Other Functions that the President of Bolivia Must Perform
- Prepare the budget settlement and present it to the President of the City for admission.
- Admit the duties arising from previously approved consumption and manage payments.
- Carry out contracts for services, supplies and long-term works no more than 1 year. In the same way that 10% of the ordinary means of the budget does not pass.
- Make the memory, the preliminary projects of the budgets and their changes.
- Manage the collective contract with the staff, present it to the Governing Board for admission.
- Present to the Governing Board the organic structure of the entity and the list of jobs.
- Any function that the Governing Board considers.
- Agree contracts with both public and private organizations, and thus have good management at the tax level.
Duration of the position
The duration of the office of President of Bolivia, has a time of four years.
Where to Run for President of Bolivia?
The Supreme Electoral Tribunal is the body where applicants must run to be President of Bolivia.
The Electoral System in Bolivia
In the case of the Presidency and Vice Presidency of the Plurinational State, are chosen by a national jurisdiction. If no candidate for Presence achieves more than 50% of the votes legally cast, or at least 40%, with a distinction of 10% compared to the second most selected candidacy, the second round must be held.
On the other hand, for the Senate they will be chosen in 9 departmental jurisdictions, with 4 seats each. The corresponding system will be applied. Now, for the Chamber of Deputies, they will be chosen in 9 departmental jurisdictions, divided into single-member, multi-member and special positions.
To each department multi-member positions will be assigned to him by means of the proportional system. For the single-member jurisdiction, it will be chosen by majority vote. If there is a tie, the second round will take place. In special positions, it will be by majority of legal votes, with a second round if there is a tie.
Every Bolivian citizen who complies with the Requirements to be President, you have the opportunity to run as a candidate for the elections.
Voters have the obligation to exercise their right to vote, and to choose the most suitable and qualified candidate to lead the country. This must be a person with a fighting spirit, and wanting to do things well, so that the country progresses and improves the quality of life of its inhabitants.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Bolivia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar