Have you never been a donor or do you not know the benefits that this entails? Stay! Here we will give information about it as the Requirements for Donating Blood, the processes and many, so that you can be part of this great charity that offers its services for free and gives a person life expectancy.
This liquid cognitive tissue is characterized by its color, which is due to the hemoglobin pigment. This is found in our body at a volume of 4.96 liters in an average adult, a significant figure for those who need it. That is why, if you want to perform this act of love and solidarity, you can give three (3) patients the opportunity to live.
What are the Requirements to Donate Blood in Nicaragua?
In order to make this procedure effective, a series of Requirements for Donating Blood. Be attentive to the following indications that we will give!
- You must have a weight of at least 50 kilos.
- Present your identity card or ID.
- You can go to the centers and offer yourself for this service, only if you are between the ages of 18 and 65.
- You should also be in good health.
- Have responsible sexual behavior.
Process to donate blood in Nicaragua
Knowing the Requirements for Donating Blood that are requested, it is of great importance that you are aware of the processes to be feasible this act.
- Attend the blood bank of cross Red.
- You must request a medical record and fill in the personal information in the required fields that are presented.
- You will conduct a medical evaluation and study related to the aforementioned survey.
- Knowing your weight and blood pressure is extremely important.
- A small amount of blood will be taken from your finger to check for anemia.
- If you have undergone a surgical intervention in the last six (6) months, you must notify the center.
- Please refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol when attending the process.
- To make this donation you must sign a document which will validate that you agree with this procedure.
- Once you have donated, you will be given a card with the type of blood you have (A +, B +, + O, -AB, among others).
- After you have successfully completed this action, you will be given fluids in order to replace the blood drawn.
Benefits of Donating Blood
To motivate the citizens of Nicaragua to be part of this great community, we will give them a series of advantages that this offers you. Do not miss it!
- When blood is donated, life is also given, plus you are helping people who are in difficult times.
- It is beneficial for health, since there are people who for medical treatments need to be donors.
- Thanks to the donation of many people, there are patients who are alive, enjoying themselves with their loved ones. Despite giving that personal satisfaction, it brings health benefits, which are:
- Increases iron in hemoglobin.
- Blood flow is noticeably improved.
- Aspects of our health such as temperature and blood pressure are controlled.
- Our life expectancy is longer, knowing that we are helping others comforts our being.
- Encourages the production of new cells in the body.
- Reduces heart attacks and cardiovascular accidents.
- Triglycerides are cleaned.
- Rejuvenates the whole organism. When it realizes that the level of fluids is decreasing, it produces new cells, which causes a purified and fresh blood to flow.
- Note: It is a lie that participating in this charity makes you gain weight or weaken. Quite the contrary, rather you produce young blood and the oxygen is fresh. Moreover, this service is completely free. Any institution or person is prohibited from charging for this assistance.
- It is a completely spontaneous event and the only interest is to help and support all patients who are going through a difficult time of health. Any citizen who receives money for this benefit is committing a crime that is punishable by law.
Where to Donate Blood in Nicaragua?
After delivering the Requirements for Donating Blood. The authorized centers where you can attend to make your donation are the following:
- Nicaraguan Red Cross
- Western Regional Blood Bank.
- Central Bank of Managua.
- Note: Men are advised to do it a minimum of four (4) times a year. On the other hand, it is recommended that women participate in this service about three (3) times a year, with a distance of 2 months from each donation.
It is necessary that the donor has knowledge of some aspects that must be taken into consideration, before performing the procedure:
- The person who volunteered must rest properly, the night before.
- You cannot go on an empty stomach.
- On occasion that the transferor presents low iron levels in the blood test, it is advisable to eat legumes and other foods that contain the compound.
- During the donation process, some questions will be asked such as the following: which countries have visited to be sure that they do not carry any virus or epidemic, if it has spread in that nation.
- If you were in countries with Zika, you must refrain from being a blood donor.
After having completed the process of donating blood, the taxpayer should follow these tips:
- You should keep a 30-minute rest.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid smoking for a period of 2 hours before the transfusion.
- Do not ingest alcoholic beverages.
- Avoid activities at work that involve exerting force.
- You are advised to keep your arm semi-raised for at least one hour.
- Avoid physical exercises.
However, there are people who cannot be donors, due to the following deficiencies:
- In the event that you are fasting, generally people go for studies in this state, but in this case it is the opposite, the participant must have breakfast in order to avoid dizziness during the process.
- That person whose weight is less than 50 kilos will not be able to be a contributor, the idea is not to harm the health of the patient since it is required to extract 450cc.
- The citizen who has had a tattoo and has not been less than 4 months after its completion, may not be accepted as a donor.
- If you had an infectious process and you are taking antibiotics, you cannot volunteer.
- For those people who are HIV-positive, they cannot be donors.
- The woman who is pregnant, has just given birth or is breastfeeding, has to wait six months to be a donor.
- If your sexual behavior is risky or irresponsible.
- If you suffered from Hepatitis after the age of twelve.
- If you have a cold, refrain.
It is advised that men do so at least 4 times a year, however it is recommended that women donate 3 times a year, with a distance of two months in each donation, for women it is different due to their menstrual process, since the iron deposits are going down.
Generally, the amount of blood that is donated is approximately 450 cubic centimeters, it is less than half a liter, with this amount you obtain the three essential components such as red blood cells, plasma and platelets. Volunteers must remain calm, since it does not carry any risk, this medically analyzed, that this is the exact amount that a person between 18 to 65 years old can donate.
To quickly restore the donated hemoglobin and iron, it is recommended to eat red meat, liver, fish, and lots of green vegetables, such as spinach, chard, and grains.
What is it?
Blood is the most valuable gift that we can give to another person, it is to give life. The determination to donate blood has the possibility of saving a beautiful life or even several, if it is divided into several parts, red blood cells, platelets, plasma, which have different uses depending on the medical problem that the patient has.
It’s necessary that blood is constantly being donated, since it can be stored for a limited time, so it must be discarded afterwards. A group of healthy people who are active with this donation is always needed in order to ensure its existence whenever and wherever it is needed.
When blood is donated, it is processed in the following 24 hours in this way:
- Division: It is when it separates its 3 elemental parts, red blood cells, plasma and platelet.
- Red blood cell concentrate: This is responsible for transporting oxygen, its function to help people with acute anemia and surgery in case of blood loss.
- Plasma: It is a transparent, slightly yellowish liquid that is responsible for clotting and defending the system from pathogens. This represents more than 55% of the volume of the blood that is constituted by salts.
- Analysis: In this procedure, the blood group, HR and identification of “infectious diseases” such as HIV, HCV, HIV-B and syphilis are studied.
Platelets or thrombocytes are small cytoplasms that are useful for 7 days at 22 ° C. It is responsible for forming a mesh in the wound to start the coagulation process and help in hemostasis. It is used in patients suffering from cancer.
I hope this page has managed to answer all your questions, and remember saving lives is in your blood.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Nicaragua
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar