In this article, he will introduce you to what are the Requirements to Import. Which are essential for citizens who aspire to start in this business. That is why we will tell you the steps to do it. Take note!
Peru is a country that is growing annually, therefore citizens who start in the import world should take into account choosing the products, the most demanded items in the market.
In addition, before starting in the world of importation, citizens must carry out a good investigation if the articles have a barrier that restricts it, like many other things.
What are the Requirements to Import in Peru?
- To enter the world of importation, the company or citizen must be registered in the Single Registry of Taxpayers.
- It must be enabled in the registry to carry out import activities and the tax address declared in your RUC.
- In addition, it must not be in the condition of not been.
- The company or person who wants to import has to submit the forms as well as the requested documents.
How to do it?
If you want to import you can follow the following steps:
- Before doing so the person needs to know the tariff code of the product to be imported. This code is a series of digits that identifies the merchandise to be imported worldwide. This is a fundamental step because it helps to know what type of Tax pays for the merchandise.
- When you have already identified the tariff code, the person will know what is the rate to be paid. To know the value you must take into account the cost, insurance and freight value of your merchandise. Also, you must know the cost necessary to move and insure the trip of your cargo.
- The company or person must take into account the quote from a freight forwarder or freight forwarder. The freight forwarder will send you a quote that can be divided into three parts: FOB Expenses, International Freight, Arrival Expenses.
- The FOB expenses they refer to all the expenses to move your merchandise until it is on edge at the place of origin.
- You must calculate the CIF value. This value is the sum of the cost of the merchandise, plus the entire journey to the Peruvian bridge, plus the value of the insurance.
- When cargo has arrived at the port, it must go through an authorized warehouse for opening and cargo separation.
Requirements to Import: Other Steps
Also the person or company should consider the following steps:
- The company or the citizen authorizes in said country, he sent by postal mail of the country of origin.
- He sent can arrive via maritime or air.
- It is important to note that the shipment is transferred to the temporary postal warehouse, in order for customs to exercise control.
- Take into account that if the value is up to$ 200 You will not have to carry out any customs procedures, or in any case cancel import taxes.
- On the other hand, if the value is greater than $ 200 to $ 2000You will be notified when your shipment arrives, where you can cancel your taxes at any authorized bank.
- When the merchandise has arrived, you must attend the office of SERPOST to pick it up.
- Do not forget to verify and sign the corresponding charges.
Documents Needed to Import
You should take into account collecting the necessary documents which are the following:
- Among the documents required by SUNAT, is the document of identification of the importer.
- You must attach the receipt of payment of the imported good, either invoices or bill of sale or other document that resembles the value sent by the seller.
- You must also submit a document on the use of transport, be it air, sea or, in a given case, land.
- You can attach another type of document depending on the nature of the office.
- When the process is carried out by a third party on behalf of the person who wishes to import, You must attach a Power of Attorney letter.
Advantages of Importing
The people or companies that are dedicated to import obtain good advantages that are the following:
- Importing increases the quality of the articles. When starting in this business the people in charge look for the way in which their products are good and durable to impress customers.
- Increase the value of your brand. That is, once the items have the imported stamp, the company begins to know it.
- Upgrade above your competence. The competition will always be there, the important thing is to stand out. Importing provides an apparent quality in your market.
- The production cost it may be lower than the cost of making it yourself.
- Access to a network of exclusive consumers.
- Expand the supplier base.
At Sunat You can use one of these two modalities so that citizens can import, they are the following:
Requirements to Import: Simplified Import Declaration
For samples that do not contain commercial value, gifts that do not exceed the US $ 1,000 or merchandise whose value does not exceed US $ 2,000, the company or individual is required to use the Simplified Import Declaration (DSI).
The DNI can be made directly or through the intervention of a customs office.
Requirements to Import: Final importation
This modality refers to when the quantity of the merchandise exceeds the US $ 2,000. In this case, it is necessary for people to have or process the Customs Declaration of Merchandise (DAM). It is necessary through the intervention of a customs dispatcher (who must be a person who holds the position of foreign trade operator) who functions as an intermediary in the procedure.
Requirements to Import: General Customs Law
Likewise, in Peru a General Customs Law accepted by Decree No. 10532, notified on June 27, 2008, which highlights the following import modalities:
- The first import for consumption. That is, they can carry out this activity in places of special customs treatment according to the Article 50.
- Reimportation in the same state.
- Temporary admission for re-export in the same place.
In the same way, it is important to note that there are special cases in which the company or the citizen can carry out the import activity, which are the following:
- Importing samples without commercial value.
- Import shipments in case of urgency.
- There is the importation of shipments of Help.
- Import into postal shipments.
- The same as the previous one but in the case of the embassies.
- Importation of goods for organizations that are part of the diplomatic persons and international organizations.
- Import whose value does not exceed US $ 1,000.
- The importation of special vehicles for people who are disabled who need it or a prosthesis.
What is it?
The purpose of the importation is to acquire products and services from a certain foreign country for use in the requested country. They are tools that are essential today.
In other words, the purpose of importing is to obtain products from foreign countries that are not in the requesting country or, if it exists, the costs are higher than in the foreign country.
Main Markets in which it Matters
Approximately 80% of the imports that arrived in Peru come from the following countries, which are:
- The United States
- Korea South
Products that matter
The main import items from Peru are the following:
- Oil and articles derived from it.
- The chemical products.
- Mobile devices as well as telecommunications equipment.
- Iron and Steel.
- Paper, cotton, wheat, corn.
Consultation to Import in Peru
People who want to enter the world of importation, can seek advice from companies or entities for the purpose. Among the main sources of assistance, the following can be mentioned:
- You can count on the Ministries and public entities related to the economic function such as: Foreign Trade, Sunat, Economy and Finance. Also production, agriculture, BCR, among others.
- The Lima Chamber of Commerce (CCL).
- National Society of Industries (SNI).
- You can count on the Comex Peru.
- You can also find entities such as chambers or regional organizations such as: Aladi, The Andean Community, Amcham.
- The Chambers of Commerce, as well as corporations within that country.
- Embassies and Consulates.
- You can enter the portals of the company from which they provide services to import.
The importer must have selected the sources from which he can get all kinds of information or help to clarify the concerns that the person contains, before starting the import process.
People or companies should take into account that many mistakes they make before starting in the world of importing, is because they do not have sufficient knowledge about these activities or lack of experience in practice. Among the most common mistakes they make are the following:
- The lack of verification of the capacity and details of the purchase.
- Not examining the different customs and culture that each country possesses.
- Before starting the business you should carry out a market research of the supplying country, most who start do not carry out this important step.
- Choosing the wrong business partner.
- Not being clear about your objective or, in that case, the main target market.
- Carry out contracts without investigating the legislation that governs it according to the country of origin.
That is why, before starting in this important activity, the company or the person must comply with the Requirements to import.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Peru
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar