If you need to know the Requirements to obtain the Professional Card, because he is a Colombian professional who is thinking about entering the world of work.
Here we show you how to do all the corresponding steps to obtain the Professional card.
To practice your profession independently, or to join a public or private entity and work, you must have the right Professional card.
Certain professions must have in Colombia, in a mandatory way for professional practice, the professional card correspondent.
Requirements to obtain the Professional Card
The Professional Card, It is an essential requirement if you want to practice professionally in Colombia. The issue is made by the corresponding tuition.
Where they review the requested collections and issue the professional license or card. Currently, 60 professions are regulated by the National Accreditation Council. All in compliance with the legal regulations and the existing Legal Order.
Requirements to obtain the Professional Card:
These are the common requirements in the different professional tuition fees for the issuance of the professional card:
- Present the Title of Higher Studies.
- It must be from a university or institution of higher studies certified by the National Government.
- Have the Public Registry of the professional title.
- Likewise, take the Professional Registration issued by the National Accreditation Council.
The documentation generally required within the Requirements to obtain the Professional Card is:
- Bring photostatic copies of the identity card.
- Deliver the original transcript and attach the copy (the original will be returned to you at the end of the review).
- Also, Degree or Diploma.
- Likewise, he photographs a white background, a special size for documents.
- Also, you must attach the Certificate of validation of title, in case of having been obtained abroad, granted by the Ministry of National Education.
- Complete the application form.
- Make the payment corresponding to the registration in the professional union.
- Also, pay the month or months that they request in advance.
Professional Card Types
There are bodies in charge of doing academic validation through the Requirements to obtain the Professional Card mentioned above.
The recent graduate, who seeks to practice his profession, must appear before the professional associations and apply for the professional card.
Here, we present a list of institutions and bodies that accredit the careers that require the professional card to exercise the profession:
- Superior Council of the Judiciary (CSJ).
- College of Nursing (OCE).
- Colombian Professional Commission of Industrial Design (CPCDI).
- College of Psychologists (COLPSIC).
- College of Professionals in Economics (CONALPE).
- Business Administration Council. (CPAE).
- National Council of Electrical Technicians (CONTE).
- National Council of Librarianship (CNB).
- Central Board of Public Accountants (JCC).
- College of Chemical Engineering (CPQI).
- Likewise, the National College of Engineering (COPNIA).
- Also, the Professional College of Topography (CPNT).
- Council of Electrical, Mechanical and Related Professions Engineering.
- Additionally, the Council of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics of Colombia (COMVEZCOL)
Likewise, the so-called international professions are regulated by the National Council of International and Related Professions (COONPIA):
- Technologist in Regency of Pharmacy
- International Relations, Government and International Relations
- International Trade and Finance,
- Administration in International Business and related careers
- Foreign Trade, Finance and Foreign Trade and International Trade.
The professions that need the professional card and this is issued by the corresponding union are:
Professionals in the Social Sciences and Humanities:
Law, Economics, Social Workers, Business Administrators, Public Accountants, Graduate in Education Sciences, Public Administrator, Agricultural Business Administration, Agricultural Administrators or Agricultural Administrators, Tourism Guide, Family Development, Scenic Direction, Radio Dubbing and television, Acting, Travel Agent, Industrial Design, Photography and Camarography, Speech Therapy, Statistics, Library Science.
Likewise, the entire branch of Health Sciences:
Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory, Microbiology, Medicine and Surgery, Bacteriology, Zootechnics, Biology, Veterinary Medicine, Surgical Technician Instrumentation, Optometry, Physiotherapists, Nutrition and Dietetics.
Likewise, the branch of Engineering:
Construction Technician, Engineering, Architecture and auxiliary professions, Surveyor, Petroleum Engineer, Fisheries Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and related professions, Fisheries Engineering, Transportation and Highways Engineer, Electrical Technician, Geographer, Naval Engineering, Electrical Technologist, Electronics , Electromechanical, related and much more.
Also those in the area of Agronomy and Forestry, Chemist, Chemical Engineer.
Benefits of getting the Professional Card
The benefit can be given from the ethical point of view, where professional associations seek protection from professional practice as well as service users.
That is why professional unions have a code of ethics for professional practice. And although currently, for certain professions there is no applicability, on the other hand other professions do.
It is a safeguard for professional malpractice. It also serves as a guarantee of professional practice. Offering a good professional service also protects the interests of the collegiate union.
One of the benefits is also the recognition as a group, offering professionals management of job offers, through other institutions that are linked to professional associations.
Professional tuition can provide legal and policy advice and assistance. Also tax advice.
Professional unions exist to support and defend the rights of the union. It is a real and effective accompaniment for the professional who begins his work practice.
There are professional associations that offer certain benefits to affiliated professionals, such as receiving updated information related to their career, access to training and professional improvement.
Likewise, it facilitates the link with other professional groups to do some kind of academic exchange, where the contribution is mutual and there is a win win.
Professional associations receive criticism because members must pay for their membership and maintenance. But the opportunity is there, to find benefit in alliances that can be made beyond the institutional, in addition to the support that the unions represent.
For professional associations, part of the vision is to serve as a basis for the professional to grow. As it does so, the guild also grows in prestige, seriousness and solidity.
Professional associations must rate their successes and failures.
What is a Professional Card?
In principle the Professional card in Colombia it is classified as a public instrument.
The professional card is awarded by the different professional colleges or associations. These unions make the corresponding accreditation to the professional who requests it and wants to practice their profession.
This document serves as professional accreditation and validates the exercise of the same, for their performance in society. That is to say, that the tuition to which the professional belongs, after the presentation and review of the corresponding collections, issues the respective card.
The applicant presents the necessary documentation and the professional association validates the collections, following the guidelines and regulations of the Law.
In Colombia, obtaining a professional card is a necessary requirement to carry out professional jobs that represent a social risk.
Also the professionals of the different branches, must comply with the code of professional ethics. Improving the professional performance of the profession they carry out.
Colombians exercise their right to freely decide their profession or trade. Likewise, the law may require titles of capacity and the authorities responsible for the professional practice will monitor and inspect the practice and professional practice.
Likewise, the tasks that do not require university training, except those that, according to the law, imply the so-called social risk. This is what the Constitution of Colombia of 1991 says, in Article 26. The Constitution also provides that the same provisions apply to foreigners.
In Colombia, the National Accreditation Council in its regulations has implemented mixed type accreditation. On the one hand, the State and Higher Education Institutions, in accordance with the Law and announced by the Ministry of Education.
On the other hand, the process carried out by other entities, unions and related parties.
Join professional associations, and apply for the Professional Card.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar