The Requirements to Register as an SME They are very important. Which should be taken into account by people who wish to create a micro, small or medium-sized company.
That is why the Requirements to register as an SME are detailed below.
Additionally, we will give you other information that helps you organize and have clarity about the process that you are going to carry out.
What are the requirements to enroll in SMEs?
Within the Requirements to Register as an SME are the ones mentioned below:
- The company must be micro, small or medium.
- This must remain in time.
- It must generate profits from its formal production.
- The company must qualify as established by the ISIC items (International Standard Industrial Classification of all Economic Activities
- Consign the SME Form, in addition to submitting two of the three requirements stipulated in Law No. 8262 (Law to Strengthen SMEs) and its regulations:
- You must be registered and in force as an entrepreneur or self-employed before the CCSS (Costa Rican Social Security Fund), and have paid social security contributions.
- Comply with their tax commitments (Income Tax Declaration for the last fiscal year: Form D 105 Simplified Regime, Form D 101 Traditional Regime.
- Comply with their work commitments, which is equal to the updated proof of the hazard policy issued by the INS (National Insurance Institute).
Through this link You can access the Registration Form, once there choose the option Procedures and SME Registration.
You can obtain the Form in physical form through the agencies of the MEIC (Ministry of Economy, Industry and Commerce) in Oficentro ASEBANACIO, Llorente de Tibás, 400 Este Grupo Nación.
Also in the CIDE (Comprehensive Business Development Centers), located in Parque la Libertad de Desamparados, in Puntarenas, in Limón, Pérez Zeledón, in Liberia and in Ciudad Quesada.
Registering in a very easy procedure, it has no cost and the most important thing is that you can do it via on-line or by going to one of their offices.
Benefits of Registering as an SME
Registering as a SME grants you some benefits, which are established in Law 8262 of the Law to Strengthen SMEs, and are detailed below:
- Capital for financing through the FODEMIPYME (Fund for the Development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) and the SBD (Development Banking System).
- Through the SME Support Network (public and private financial entities interested in helping small and medium-sized enterprises).
- Through means from the PROPYME Fund for updating and technological avant-garde.
- Earnings through the SME Public Procurement Program, stipulated in the Administrative Contracting Law and other advisory plans for SMEs.
- Opportunities for micro and small companies to stop paying fees to legal entities that are registered with the General Directorate of Taxation.
- SMEs agree to have closer relationships with customers.
- Due to the simplicity of their physical spaces, they are more flexible when it comes to easily changing markets, and moving to where the customers they promise are.
- Your employees easily adapt to change as workspaces are larger and less demanding.
- The characteristic knowledge is manifested, by the proximity of the employees with the daily routine of the company, which is a great benefit in relation to the competition.
- Making strategic decisions takes less time, as management procedures are simpler.
- His vision is less demanding and he is more interested in the deficiencies and requests of the clients, which allows making great changes at the constitutive level, thus attracting workers and technology necessary to face their daily commitments.
How to register online?
To register as a SME through the web, the procedure is as follows:
- As a first step, enter the portal and access the option SME registration.
- Enter all the data requested as a client, providing an email address and a password.
- By being registered, you will have the opportunity to «login» and press the option SME Condition Register.
- Fill in the form with the information requested when displaying the screen.
- At the end and having the complete documents, the page will send you an email stating that the request has been received.
- The DIGEPYME has a time limit of five days to report on the decision on the matter.
- If you need to manage the renewal of the SME, you must request the consignment of the file through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of registering as a SME in person, you must meet the following requirements:
Registration can also be done by attending any of the MEIC (Ministry of Economy, Industry and Commerce) offices.
In the same way, going to any CIDE office (Comprehensive Business Development Centers), which are distributed throughout the national territory.
They must submit the aforementioned precautions.
The SME estimate has a duration of one year, from the date it was admitted. It is important that companies verify their status before doing any paperwork.
SME Registry Renewal
With regard to the renewal of the SME Registry, the following should be taken into account:
Supply the SME Registration Registration Form, which fulfills the function of an Affidavit and can be acquired at any of our offices or through the web portal.
This procedure can be carried out one month in advance of its expiration date.
This procedure lasts for five business days. Do not forget that you are registered as an SME for a period of one year, so you have to renew your status every year.
What is SME?
SMEs refers to companies of an industrial or commercial nature, which have a small number of employees and therefore their income is proportional to this.
The term SME is also known as SME and SME, and it is related to MIPYME or mipyme the abbreviation of medium, small and micro company. Considering the types of smaller companies such as individual ones.
The definition of SME corresponds to the number of workers. For example: From one to ten workers it is called a microenterprise, and between 11 and 50 workers are called SMEs, but this varies depending on the region.
These SMEs have particular shortcomings. These must be completed by the State.
These companies produce a great profit for the country, apart from being an indispensable device to generate jobs.
Taking into account their characteristics, they must be protected and encouraged to measure themselves with prestigious industries.
The State can provide SMEs with the advice they need at no cost, pay less tax contribution, and credits with special characteristics.
However, SMEs have some disadvantages, such as:
- They lack specific regulations regarding their training and go through frequent transformations, since they are handled by procedures that have just emerged.
- They do not enjoy a valuable financial guarantee, which limits them to enter into negotiations of great importance.
- You frequently need your organization to be reviewed. As a consequence of being flexible, this can become the reason for its closure, due to having lost control of its structure.
- Extreme trust with workers can lead to problems, if they transfer their personal conflicts to the office.
- It is common that the administration is not controlled. This is quite common when it comes to the inflow and outflow of money.
- Low productivity is evident in the number of orders that it is done to the suppliers, which triggers a cost overrun.
- The company needs to make itself known through persistent and effective advertisements. Otherwise it will not be taken into account by customers.
To find out if it is classified as a SME category, you can check through the website of the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Commerce.
When entering it you must follow the following steps:
- Click on the Registry System option.
- Then select Queries and continue with Registration Data.
- Choose the More Information option.
- And finally, choose the options Historical Data, Historical Characterizations.
According to studies carried out by Google Latin America, they show that at least nine out of ten SMEs are not present on the internet.
Unlike customers, who around 80% constantly visit the web to start or finish their purchases online.
It should be noted that Costa Rica exceeds this percentage, and for this reason, the agreements between public and private institutions seek to reduce these disadvantages.
There is a digital platform called Kolau in the USA, which provides the opportunity for SMEs to create their own website, through easy questions and answers.
The objective is to improve advertising campaigns and that they are constantly present on the internet.
In order to support micro, small and medium-sized business owners, SMEs offer different options. All of these aim to provide you with the tools to boost your entrepreneurship.
We hope we have clarified all your doubts, regarding the Requirements to Register as a SME.
Good luck with your processing!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Costa Rica
Related articles that may interest you