Here we leave you the Requirements to travel to Chile from Ecuador, which is very simple since a visa is not required. Visiting Chile is one of the best experiences of traveling in South America.
It is also necessary that you know the costs, tourist attractions that it offers, and some suggestions so that you have an unforgettable and pleasant trip. Therefore, I invite you to continue reading this article.
Documents: Requirements to Travel to Chile from Ecuador
The Chilean territory is one of the areas with the greatest protection in its border area, this with the intention of preventing epidemics in the Andean Cordillera. It should be noted that entering Chiles from Ecuador is very simple. Requirements to travel to Chile:
- The National Identification Document: This documentation is sufficient to enter from Ecuador to Chile, no need to apply for a visa.
- The Customs Declaration: As mentioned above, Chile is a country which protects its population from diseases and epidemics, therefore, it has a rigorous inspection of its borders. Depending on how you travel, you usually have to go through a few inspections. The PDI (customs police) checks luggage and X-rays itThere are also police dogs who with their nose find prohibited substances.
- The Tourist Card: When the customs police admit the traveler’s documentation and customs declaration, they will stamp the passport and provide the tourist card. This must be kept until the day of departure from the country, since this justifies the person as a tourist.
- Travel Insurance: This requirement is very important, since in the face of a robbery, an emergency or an accident there is someone to carry out the proceedings, and also to cover the expenses incurred which can be very high, especially in the hospital setting.
- Vaccines: To enter Chile no vaccine is required.
- Economic resources: In the case of entering Chile through a flight, it is suggested to bring the return ticket. In addition to this it is possible that the economic means request to support themselves during their stay in the country, especially to acquire a plane ticket.
- Pets: If you travel with a pet for example: Cats, birds or dogs, you must have a certification issued by a public entity in the country of origin. It is important to note that both cats and dogs they must have the rabies vaccine.
Is a Visa Needed to Travel to Chile from Ecuador?
Although the visa is one of the Requirements to travel to Chile From other countries, it is not necessary to apply for a visa to enter Chile from Ecuador, nor is it required to present a passport. Only the national identity document of the traveler is enough.
Costs: Requirements to Travel to Chile from Ecuador
Among the costs to travel to Chile are the following:
This is one of the most accessible expenses that is achieved in Chile. There are many companies that make the same route by bus, which causes competition, making the amounts per transfer go down.
If you make purchases in the supermarket, you will get prices as if you bought in Spain or more expensive. If you want to find lower prices, it is suggested visit public markets in the morning, there you get meat, fish, fruits and vegetables.
On the other hand, eating in restaurants or drinking beer in this country is expensive. To save money, it is recommended to request the menu of the day that costs approximately between 5,500 and 7,000 pesos. In the case of ordering à la carte, each dish can be paid for each dish from 6,000 pesos.
It is expensive to travel to Chile, especially to the south. On the Austral and Patagonia highway, a single room can cost between 12,000 and 15,000 pesos each person. For less than that amount, you can find lodgings in poor condition or campsites.
However, towards the north the situation improves, it can be achieved accommodation from 8,000 pesos per person, in very simple but neat and comfortable places. Obviously, if you aim for a 5-star hotel, it is much more expensive.
Attractions of Chile
Chile offers many sites for the purpose of sightseeing. Where you will find what you need to have the comfort you want and make your stay pleasant. Among the most recognized and named sites are the following:
Santiago de Chile (The Capital)
In this city are the main governmental, cultural, administrative, financial, educational and commercial organizations of Chile. Do not forget to visit all these places in Santiago, since this is one of the most important cities in Latin America.
Here the climate is temperate and with winter rains. However, in the same way there is a season where there is a very long drought. But the climate in Santiago is generally continentalized Mediterranean.
Torres del Paine National Park (Magallanes Zone)
It is located towards the extreme south of Chile, in the Magellan Zone and Chilean Antarctica. This park was named a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 1978. Many visitors state that they marvel at the imposing massifs, the turquoise lakes, rivers, forests of lengas, icebergs, rheas, pumas, etc.
Because it is one of the most visited areas, its roads are duly signposted and there are many options to provide and stay, in such a way that tourists enjoy a unique stay.
It is considered one of the most attractive islands in the world. It is located in the Pacific Ocean, and is part of the Continent of Oceania and at the same time of the insular area of Chile. Here you can see «Los Moai», which are huge statues and represent Rapa Nui sculptural art.
Similarly, in the first fortnight of February you can enjoy the most representative cultural festivals in Polynesia. It is suggested to visit this Island, since it is one of the best tourist places in Chile.
The Petrohué Falls (Lake Area)
They are the spillways of the Petrohué River and also of the emerald waters of the Todos los Santos Lake. All the nearby rocks are of volcanic origin and create large natural pools, which is spectacular. These Jumps are located in the Vicente Pérez Rosales National Park, 50 km from Puerto Varas.
You can also admire various types of animals, some of these mammals are: the wild cat, the river otter or the huillín, the pudú, the pumas and the winks. There are also 2 types of marsupials that are: The trumpeted weasel and the little monkey.
Puerto Montt (Lake District)
It belongs to a commune located in the south of Chile, it is the capital of the Province of Llanquihue and the Zone of the Lakes. From this point you can go to Chilean Patagonia, which makes it one of the busiest places in the south of the country, and the seaport connects with the southern areas of Chile.
Here you can taste exquisite dishes made with fruits of the sea. In the restaurants in the area they offer a paila marina known as the «cancato» and some delicious sea urchins. If you want to buy local items, you have to walk through the Angelmó craft fair, which is fun for tourists.
The Elqui Valley (Coquimbo Area)
This is a basin that comes from the mountain range that shelters one of the main rivers in the area. In this place you can admire the blue of the sky and much more the stars that shine in the sky.
The walks offered by this attraction are full of abundant plains where papaya and vines are planted. The Elqui Valley has scientific facilities such as: The Cerro Tololo Observatory and the Mamalluca Tourist Observatory.
The Port of Valparaíso
It is located in the town that bears the same name (Valparaíso), and it is the maritime terminal where more passengers arrive to Chilean territory. I know considered as the number 2 with the most container circulation after San Antonio.
At noon you can feel the exquisite smells of seafood that come from nearby restaurants. Likewise, you can visit the craft fairs and on a dry dock you can see a copy of the Santiaguillo Caravel, where the well-known navigator Juan de Saavedra traveled.
Osorno Volcano (Lake Region)
This volcano has a height of 2,661 m above sea level, from that height you can fully see the Province of Osorno and other sites on the Island of Chiloé. In the part of above the volcano is a glacier that covers it where there is a large amount of water for the production of lahars.
Valdivia (Zone of the Rivers)
It lies in the connection between the Calle-Calle, Valdivia and Cau-Cau Rivers, approximately 15 km from Corral bay. Additionally, it should be known that this city is where the Austral University of Chile originates. The architectural structure of the city shows a marked German influence and Chilean historical places.
Economically this region is based on the manufacture of crafts and tourism. This city is progressing every day and its typical production is chocolates, liqueurs, ceramics and marzipan.
Iquique (Tarapacá Area)
It is located 1,787 km from Santiago de Chile and approximately 310 km from the city of Arica. It can be located on a terrace of marine erosion. Its economy is based on international trade thanks to the seaport and the Iquique Free Trade Zone (ZOFRI).
This port has a temperate climate and nearby are architectural buildings from the time of the nitrate works.
Before making the trip to Chile, it is suggested to review the tourist sites map, and thus be able to locate in the places you want to visit. This map is fully interactive, so just by standing on the numbered circles and clicking it brings up the required information.
Tips for Traveling to Chile
If this is the first time you are traveling to Chile, here are some tips that can help you learn about the details that will facilitate your visit:
- Stay within the country is ninety (90) days.
- The land border crossing is stricter than access through flights. The Agricultural Livestock Service (SAG) and the Investigation Police (PDI) work together there, these bodies are in charge of inspecting for do not enter restricted products to the country.
- Tipping in Chile is not mandatory, but it will be suggested when the bill is requested. However, the innkeeper will ask beforehand if you want to leave a tip, the normal thing is to leave it and it is 15% of the service.
- To travel to this country, the best season is in summer but also at the end of spring and beginning of autumn. This will depend on the places to be visited.
- Touring Chile requires time, but if you have little time (between 2 or 3 weeks), you can get to know some places, be left wanting to return and start planning the next trip to this country.
- As usual, traveling on the streets of Chile is safe. However, in the downtown area such as Antofagasta, Santiago or Puerto Montt, there are pickpockets and thieves, so you must beware. Also when riding the subway, if there are many people, you should not be alone and at night in the larger cities.
The Requirements to travel to Chile from Ecuador they are very easy to meet, so there are no excuses to think of another destination.
This beautiful country has everything you need to enjoy, get to know, relax and much more. Fulfill your dream of going to Chile, which will be an experience to remember. Good luck with your trip, you just have to comply with the Requirements to travel to Chile found at the beginning of this article.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Ecuador
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar