The Requirements to travel to France from Colombia They are very important when starting the necessary process to be able to visit this beautiful country. You must have them in order and at hand before doing any other procedure and we will help you know more about it.
France It is one of the richest countries in culture, as well as an economic powerhouse. It is among the 10 countries with the highest Gross Domestic Product, which means that it has the highest indices in terms of investment, public spending, consumption, exports and imports. That is, in the production of both goods and services.
In this way, traveling to France you will not only see incredible monuments, museums, art and fantastic places that have left their mark throughout history, but you will also find a country with opportunities for you to continue developing your finances and your education, if you wish.
Next, We will talk to you about the process to travel to France from Colombia: requirements, costs, Schengen visa and much, much more.
What are the requirements to travel to France from Colombia?
To Travel to FranceYou will need a series of basic requirements, including documents and permits, to apply to enter the country. In general, these procedures depend on each destination country, so the official sites you can go to are the consulates or embassies. In this case, you can go to the French Embassy, located in Bogotá.
Basically the requirements are:
- Availability of time to gather all the necessary documents.
- Valid passport or visa.
- Sufficient amount of money depending on how long you will be in France, where you will stay and what you will do (and it could happen once you are there).
- Complete and orderly documentation.
More however you need or not A visa, as is the case of those who have Venezuelan and Colombian nationality, upon arrival in France you must present:
Documents to travel to France from Colombia
- Passport valid until three months after the date of departure from Colombia. This must have been issued less than 10 years ago.
- If required, the (current) visa.
- Proof of accommodation that covers the entire stay (hotel reservation or reception certificate).
- Insurance certificate where possible hospital, medical, repatriation and death expenses can be covered.
- Ticket or return ticket or the money necessary to buy it on the agreed return date.
- If you will not stay in France but will continue to another country, you must bring a receipt with your last destination, where it is reflected where you will stay during the transit, the continuation ticket and the visa of that country, if required.
- People with circulation visas must keep a medical insurance certificate on each of the trips they make.
- If you are staying in a hotel, you must present the hotel reservation, as well as a minimum amount per day of stay. This can go from 65 euros to 120 euros per day depending on whether or not you present a hotel reservation.
- If you are going to stay in each of a third parties, the minimum amount per day is 33 euros. In addition, as we have said, you must present the reception certificate established at the town hall.
Finally, if what you want is to convert your stay into a regular stay, you can find all the relevant information by clicking here, in section Your procedures in France.
If you want to travel with a younger, keep in mind that you must follow a series of Requirements to travel to France from Colombia to avoid problems before and after the trip. Let’s see what they are:
- If you are not their mother or father, you will need a Excuse me of them where the date of departure, the purpose of the trip, the date of return and with whom specifically the minor is traveling is reflected.
- Otherwise, it will be you who will have to write the permission. However, both permits must be previously approved by a notary public, and if the representative is abroad, it must be approved by the consulate.
- You will need a copy of the civil registry, in case the passport does not reflect the name of the parents.
- You must keep the Civil Registry of Death if any of the minor’s parents has died. In case of being both, then the permit must be issued by the legal representative.
- You must present a copy of the adoption decision, in the case of adopted minors, correctly filled out.
- Copy of the permit obtained by public deed, if applicable.
- In the case of being your biological child, you will only need the passport and the visa.
If the minor is traveling alone, he or she will need the permission of the parents and the competent authority.
With France being a highly developed economy, you probably want to travel around business concept. However, depending on your case, you will have to carry out certain procedures.
If you do not have a fixed salary, you can travel to France for business or to carry out a liberal activity.
- Liberal worker: This means that you plan to impact the commercial, industrial, artisanal or agricultural sphere or simply settle as such in France. If so, you must obtain a specific visa for the liberal worker and demonstrate the viability of the project. This also counts towards setting you up as a private physician. Learn more here.
- Business: if you have invitations, calls, requests from its partners established in France or if you participate / attend seminars and conferences related to their professional activity. You must request a short visa, less than 90 days, and to obtain it you must demonstrate your travel program. Learn more here.
If you enter this case, there are four groups that you can consult depending on what your reason for travel is:
- Service commission for salaried workers and intra-group mobility: for the provision of services, a company belonging to the international group of companies or missions of a managerial position.
- Hiring of employees and seasonal workers: if you work at specific times of the year or have an indefinite employment contract.
- Teaching activity: language assistant, teacher or foreign language reader.
- Model or companion: collaboration of modeling agency or without agreement.
- Practices: for nurses, doctors and pharmacists or paid professional practice.
- Other professions: medical or airline profession.
Clicking here You will have a series of requirements and information about your visa and supporting documents according to the group you enter.
Requirements for the Schengen Visa
Usually one of the first Requirements to travel to France en have a visa. However, depending on your nationality, age, country where the application is submitted (in this case Colombia), destination, type of visa requested, travel document (passport, for example) and if you are the spouse of a French, among others things, you can see if you need a visa. This step can be carried out by clicking here.
You will be asked about your reasons for travel, approximate duration and a few more things that will help you see if you really need it. In yes, you will need to:
- Application form duly completed, dated and signed.
- Identity photograph, usually 4 × 4 biometric passport size.
- I receive France-Visas.
- If you do not have nationality in the country where you currently reside, you must present evidence that you legally reside in that country (residence permit, for example).
- A travel document, issued less than ten years ago, where two blank pages can be seen, with a minimum validity period three months longer than the date on which it has intention to leave France. In the case of a long-term stay, at least three months longer than the expiration date of the requested visa.
Travel / stay goal
- Confirmation or proof of the planned program in France.
- Reservation of the ticket or round trip ticket or routes.
Travel medical insurance
- Travel medical insurance certificate (cf FAQ).
- Evidence of reservation in a hotel or of having the necessary savings to cover basic expenses, such as the rental contract, certificate of ownership of a real estate or daily accommodation, which is approximately 120 euros per day.
- Accommodation certificate, by means of the Cerfa form, stating that you are going to live in the domicile of a third party, if this is the case.
- Account statements, payroll, proof that you receive a pension.
- Proof of your socio-professional situation, such as the employment contract, extract from the commercial register, certificate of study enrollment, and any other document that evidences your connection to the country of residence, as is the case of the marriage certificate if your spouse is of French nationality.
For simplify it a little, you visa application process It will consist of three steps:
- Check if you need a visa or not to enter France, according to your travel profile.
- Complete the application on-line clicking here. Read the instructions carefully, create an account and click Fill out your Visa application.
- Once you have completed the previous step, you will only have to present the documents at the headquarters indicated by the French embassy.
- Finally, check your processing status. You can do it here.
In negative case, then you can travel with your travel document.
Nevertheless, do you need a visa or not, upon arrival you will need a series of documents and procedures that you can find by clicking here.
What is the Schengen Visa to Travel to France from Colombia?
The Schengen Visa It is a document issued by the Schengen Area, an area that consists of 26 linked countries through which you can travel or circulate only carrying this document. It came from the Schengen Treaty, where the free movement of citizens was agreed as if it were a single country.
The Schengen Area is made up of almost all the countries of the European continent, with the exception of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Bulgaria and others. In this sense, there are also countries that are not within the European Union but belong to it, and allow the benefit of free movement. Such is the case in Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Iceland.
Cost of Traveling to France
Another of the requirements to travel to France from Colombia is to know which ones costs you will have to face.
To apply for the visa, for example, you must pay 80 euros and it can be paid in local currency depending on the exchange rate of the day. This is not a fixed amount, but it can fluctuate depending on the exchange rate.
In general, accommodation is greater than 100 euros, so you must make a budget depending on the places you visit, what you eat, where you stay and the transport you use.
Finally, if you want to know more about the price of basic foods in supermarkets, restaurants, clothing and footwear, transport and services, housing and wages, and others, you have the option of going to Prices Mundi.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar