Traveling, traveling the world and getting to know new cultures is a dream that we all make ourselves sometimes, but that we do not fulfill for certain reasons, such as misinformation. Not knowing what you need to travel to another country can be an impediment for you to travel the countries. For that reason, we decided to clear your doubts and show you the requirements to travel to Nicaragua from Costa Rica.
What are the general requirements?
If you have an adventurous spirit and want to know the beauty of other countries, and are planning to take a trip to Nicaragua from Costa Rica, there are some things you should know first.
To begin with, there are requirements to travel to Nicaragua from Costa Rica that you must meet in order to visit the neighboring country. However, there is nothing to worry about, the requirements are not that complicated.
So, the first requirements to travel to Nicaragua from Costa Rica that you should know are these:
- Have a valid passport, since it is requested that these have a validity of at least 6 months, by the time the trip is made.
- You must have a return ticket to the country (Costa Rica), otherwise you will not be able to enter Nicaragua.
- Present evidence that you have financial support to stay in Nicaragua.
You see, the requirements are not so complicated, you have many facilities to travel, you just have to get financial support and plan the dates of the trips.
These are the requirements to enter Nicaragua, on the other hand, you also have some recommendations that you must follow in order to register your trip in Costa Rica.
What you should do is send to these emails: firstname.lastname@example.org (Managua) or email@example.com (Chinandega), the following information
- Write your full names and surnames.
- Provide the number of your identity card.
- Detail the date of the trip (round trip).
- Specify the contact details you have in Nicaragua.
- Specify emergency data in Costa Rica.
Requirements by Job
If you have any job opportunities in Nicaragua, and you don’t know what you need to be able to enter and start working in this country, pay attention to this list of requirements:
- Acquire a form issued by the Central Immigration, for a cost of 50 cordobas.
- Write a letter requesting the work permit, for Migration and Foreigners. Here, you must also specify the time that you will be working in Nicaragua.
- Submit two photos, passport size.
- One hour with your personal data.
- Present the certificate of naturalization or birth (It can be issued by the country of origin or Nicaragua).
- Provide the personal background certificate. (It can be issued by the country of origin or Nicaragua).
- Present a health certificate (It can be issued by the country of origin or Nicaragua).
- Provide the employment contract you have with the company (Photocopy).
- Provide the deed of incorporation of the company and society registered in the Mercantile Registry (Photocopy).
- General power of attorney and legal representative (Photocopy).
These are the requirements you will need to be able to work in Nicaragua, so take note and get ready to start this new adventure.
The requirements to travel to Costa Rica from Nicaragua for tourism are the same as the general requirements that are requested to enter this country. Therefore, the papers you will need to have to enter Nicaragua are:
- Have a passport valid for at least 6 months, for when you have planned the date of the trip.
- Present proof that you have a Economic backing, to stay in Nicaragua.
- Must buy a round-trip dated ticket.
As you will see, the requirements to travel to Nicaragua from Costa Rica for tourism are not that complicated, so make up your mind and do this adventure.
Requirements for Students
The option of studying in a country other than yours is an alternative that draws a lot of attention from certain people, because you could be training for a better future and at the same time get to know new cultures.
In this case, we leave you the requirements to study in Nicaragua, in case you want to know its wonders and continue studying.
It should be noted that the following requirements will be those requested by the Central University of Nicaragua, the main university institution in the country:
- All your academic documents must be apostilled or certified by the Ministry of Education of your country of origin.
- If these academic documents are certified in the country of origin, then they must be certified by a Nicaraguan Embassy and by the Nicaraguan Ministry of Foreign Relations.
- You must have a valid passport and identity card from your country.
- Once you have enrolled in the university, you can proceed with the procedures to obtain your residence card as a student.
When you have those documents ready, you can focus on other requirements that are more general, as they include foreign and national students:
- Take a passport-size photograph.
- Present the copy of the identity card or passport.
- Provide your birth certificate (Copy).
- Present the high school diploma (Copy).
- Provide certified grades from 4th to 5th year (Copy).
- Fill out the admission form requested by the UCN.
How much is the maximum length of stay?
The time to stay as a tourist in Nicaragua is 90 days, that is, 3 months in which you can visit the tourist sites of the country and learn about their customs. Then, you must return to Costa Rica or You can request an extension of another 90 days, to stay in Nicaragua.
Now, a tourist stay is considered to be people who travel to Nicaragua in search of vacations or a time of relaxation. In that case, you will only have 90 days to stay in the country.
However, you could request an extension of your stay before the General Directorate of Migration and Foreigners of Nicaragua.
The process is very simple, you can do it in a few steps, if you follow the following recommendations:
- Click this LINK.
- It will take you to the services page of the General Directorate of Migration and Foreigners of Nicaragua.
- Select the option «Extension of stay for non-resident foreigners».
- Observe and write down the requirements you need.
- Find the office closest to you and the hours it works.
- Plan to go and start processing your extension.
Secondly, the stay in Nicaragua may also vary depending on your conditionsSince if you go to this country to work or study, you can stay for more than 90 days, as long as you have notified it and have presented all the relevant documentation.
What vaccines do you have to have?
To travel to Nicaragua it is recommended that you be vaccinated against some diseases, as they can be:
- Tetanus and Diphtheria; If you are already vaccinated against these two diseases, it is recommended that you get vaccinated again before traveling.
- Typhoid fever: It is advisable to get vaccinated against this disease if you want to travel to Nicaragua.
- Hepatitis A and B: It is necessary to be vaccinated against Hepatitis if you want to make a trip to Nicaragua.
- Malaria: If you are going to travel to the areas of León or Matagalpa, it is advisable to be vaccinated, since here the risk of contagion is high.
On the other hand, there is vaccines that are mandatory to take, if you plan to travel to Nicaragua, since the risk of contagion is somewhat high:
- Yellow fever.
Also, there are other vaccines that do not They are mandatory for everyone, but are only necessary for a part of the population. In this case we speak of those under 5 years old, since they would have to be protected against:
Requirements to travel by land
The neighboring countries of Nicaragua, such as Costa Rica, have a treaty of free movement with each otherTherefore, you will have the opportunity to travel by land to Nicaragua. But first you must meet the requirements to travel to Nicaragua from Costa Rica by land.
- You must first pay a $ 8 USD amount per person, to be able to leave Costa Rica. This money must be paid in advance at a Bancrédito or border ATMs.
- Then you will have to cancel 3 $ USD to fumigate the vehicle.
- You must hire un insurance that costs $ 12 USD for every 30 days.
- Lastly, you must pay $ 5 USD for the right of movement, which will allow you to circulate through Nicaragua quietly.
- To enter Nicaragua you will have toAgar 1 $ USD for the municipal tax and others $ 12 USD as an entrance tax.
Touring the countries and knowing the different cultures that exist in the world is one of the dreams of many people, so it would not be bad to start making them come true.
You don’t necessarily have to cross the pond all at once to get to know new cities, you can go to your neighboring country, as is the case with Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
Also, by having a free movement treaty, you can grab a car and visit Nicaragua with you behind the wheel. You just have to comply with the rRequirements to travel to Nicaragua from Costa Rica and you will be able to make the dream of discovering new landscapes come true.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Costa Rica