The importance of knowing the Requirements to travel to San Andrés It is very great if one day you decide to visit this island located in the Caribbean Sea, in Colombian territory. This island is especially known for reefs, music and recreational activities, as well as its gastronomic variety and unparalleled colors.
Saint Andrew It has a length of just 12 km and in it you can find bays, points and keys. Its climate is tropical all year round, with temperatures of up to 32º. This is undoubtedly a beautiful destination if you like the beach, music and quality service, with friendly people willing to help if you need it.
Next, we will explain the requirements and documents you will need to visit this place, as well as the costs, the necessary vaccinations and why you should choose this island as your destination.
Requirements to travel to San Andrés
There are some requirements that you must meet in order to enjoy a quiet and enjoyable trip on this Caribbean island. Many of these you probably already have compliments, but it never hurts to review them. Let’s see what they are:
This is surely not a surprise, but you must have a certain amount of money to go visit the island. Try to bring some cash, in case of emergencies or for tips, and you will have nothing to fear. It is always good to take something more than the average that it will cost you to enjoy the trip.
- Have health insurance.
A fundamental requirement, because you never know what eventualities may arise. However, it is not mandatory to have it, but a way to be cautious. After all, the locals have hospitals for emergencies and people trained to provide first aid.
- You will have to acquire your Tourist Card.
You will have to pay a tax, which is this card, if you travel to the island for more than 24 hours; cash. This requirement can be done at the place of embarkation to the island, as is the case at the airport. It allows you to stay on the island for 15 days.
- Investigate when are the best times to travel.
Depending on the season or the weather, the island is more heated to receive visitors, as is the case from December to May. On the other hand, if you want to go for a lower costvisiting the island outside the holiday season is a good tip used by low-income travelers.
The high season is during the months of December, January and February, generally. Consequently, you can go in April, enjoy a sunny and ideal climate, and pay less.
- Know how you can get there.
The truth is that almost any airport can take you to the island, as is the case with the airport of Santa Marta, Bogotá, Medellín, Barranquilla and others. You can also access via cruise, but it is a 5 hour transfer.
Be that as it may, the truth is that you are going to it is very important that you investigate this point, in addition to the associated costs.
If what you are going to do on the island is vacation, then you will want to find a good hotel. This should preferably be in the north or northeast part of the place, because this is where the tourist life is: hotels, hostels, restaurants, airports, etc. However, you can also stay in San Luis, which is a little further south but has its benefits.
click here to see the prices of the hotels in Booking.
- Make your list of destinations.
Hasn’t it happened to you that you travel to a place and the last day you remember that you missed visiting this or that side? Well, avoid this happening to you: make a list of the places you would like to visit, the things you would like to do, and keep it with you.
- Bring your identification documents.
Citizenship, immigration or passport card, without fail.
- Know your means of transportation.
You can go through the list by taxi, bus or by tourist bus. Of course, these last two are less expensive, but we will talk about this later.
You must be up-to-date with your vaccinations, including yellow fever.
Requirements for traveling with minors
The same requirements apply when you are traveling with a minor. You have to take into account the costs of food, lodging and medical emergencies. In addition, it would be important to bring:
- A mini medicine cabinet with basic medicines; These can be for allergies, fever, flu, and so on.
- Games entertained so that it is distracted, and more if the trip is made by boat.
- Parental permission, In the event that you do not travel with them, duly filled out at a notary, where you can see the date of departure, arrival, details of the person accompanying the minor and length of stay.
- Identity document or passport, civil registration.
- Tourist Card in case the minor is over 7 years old. Otherwise, you will not have to pay the tax at the airport.
What are the necessary documents?
Now that you know what the Requirements to travel to San Andrés, let’s talk about documents that you should have on hand.
One of the advantages of traveling to San Andrés is undoubtedly the lack of protocol necessary to visit the place. The documents that you will need are rather few, but keep in mind that they are very important and that without them you will not be able to travel.
- Identity document: citizenship card or immigration card in case of not being Colombian.
- Valid passport.
- Tourist Card.
- Health insurance, if you have it.
- If you come from Peru, Chile, Bolivia, Ecuador or Colombia itself, you must present a DNI, an Andean Migratory Card and a Civil Registry for minors.
- In the case of Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Venezuela, then you must present ID, Passport if there is a minor TAM filled out.
- VISA in the case of countries such as China, Nicaragua, Morocco and others.
Cost of Traveling to San Andrés
As with any other destination, costs of traveling to San Andrés they are directly correlated with the food you eat, the transportation you use, the place where you stay and the activities you do. Oh, and let’s not forget: the time I travel.
However, we will give you an average price so that you have an idea of how much it costs to travel to this island. Remember that knowing about costs is one of the Requirements to travel to San Andrés.
- You can share a room in a hostel for the lowest price on the island, which is approximately $ 15 a day or at the exchange rate in Colombian pesos.
- The private room at the hostel could be worth up to $ 27.
- If you want to stay in a hotel or tourist inn, the costs are approximately $ 40.
- Menu of the day in inexpensive restaurants up to 15,000 pesos (Colombian).
- Restaurants with a menu up to 70,000 pesos and from 18,000 pesos.
- Basic food: arepas, empanadas, hot dogs, beer, all this up to 6,000 pesos.
- Bread, bottle of water, soft drinks, sodas, juices up to 2,000 pesos.
- Cocktails up to 15,000 pesos.
You can eat at places like Fair Tables, La Regalla Restaurant, West View Restaurant, Lukuman, Donde Francesa and La Fondita.
- Bus: approximately 2,600 Colombian pesos per ticket.
- Cab: much more specific and fast in the places you want to visit. A trip from the center to the south of San Andrés can cost you about 40,000 pesos.
- Motorcycle: You can rent it from 60,000 pesos, for 9 hours. However, you can always haggle on the price.
- Touristic bus: generally they are approximately 35,000 pesos.
By 2020, it was established in 116,800 Colombian pesos. Remember that this is paid by all those who wish to travel to the island, except children under 7 years of age.
Attractions from 5,000 Colombian pesos.
As we said before, have your vaccinations up to date could consider one of the Requirements to travel to San Andrés. In order to keep your health up to date, we encourage you to make a reinforcement of your list of vaccines to reduce the risk of suffering diseases.
It is not that the island is prone to incubating diseases, but it is a safety measure that I think we should all be grateful for.
Yes you come from europe, the most advisable thing is to have your vaccinations up to date, including that of yellow fever.
Yes you come from a country American such as Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Panama, Bolivia, Guyana or some African country, so it is very important and mandatory to be vaccinated against yellow fever before reaching the border of Colombia. This must be purchased at least 10 days before the arrival date, although if you already have it, it is not necessary. Lastly, vaccines such as Hepatitis A and B, diphtheria and tetanus are also very important.
Why travel to San Andrés?
Finally, let’s talk about why San Andrés should be the final destination of your vacation, or the only one! This island is beautiful. Those who have been totally approve of it, with its beaches of all the colors of blue and the reefs to visit. Here is a list of the places that you might be interested in visiting:
- Johnny Cay Park It is a regional park located in the North of San Andrés. It is surrounded by a white sand beach and covered with coconut trees.
- La Piscinita Y West view They are incredible places if you want to dive or enjoy a good time with your family.
- The hill or The Hill It is a small town where you will find a Baptist church.
- The Blower Hole, very popular, is located in the south of the island. In this place you can find a small geyser that spits sea water up to 20m above your head. Isn’t it amazing?
- Morgan’s cave tells the story of a pirate who hid his treasure there: Henry Morgan. If you like legends, you will surely want to get closer.
- The natural Aquarium It is one of the busiest in the east of the island. The water is calm and crystal clear, like a swimming pool, and you can snorkel.
- saint Louis it is a place of beautiful beaches with houses on the seashore.
- Orange Hill Lookout, where you can have an incredible view of the island.
- Big Pond Lagoon.
And many things that we cannot explain to you! Come on, visit this beautiful place and save unbeatable memories.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar