If you want to travel to the United States, stay reading, we will tell you which are the Requirements to travel to the United States from Colombia. In addition to other important tips or recommendations to keep in mind, so that the trip is perfect.
Of course travel to the United States, it is a journey that many yearn to take for a variety of reasons. Since it is a country that offers you many alternatives to vacation. Likewise, if it is about visiting family or friends.
If the trip you plan is for tourism or visiting relatives, you are interested as we will talk about temporary trips to the United States from Colombia.
Requirements to travel to the United States from Colombia
To facilitate the process of all Requirements to travel to the United States from Colombia the US embassy has implemented the online citation system. Now it is a simpler, simpler and faster process.
This new system supports online appointment planning in the web portal, or by calling the communications center numbers 5715088165 and 5715088185.
It is a cheaper form of application to travel to the United States, since now it is not essential to obtain the Personal Identification Number (PIN), which was used for the interview at the consulate.
Now, the good news is that the passport can be collected free of charge at the sites designated by the embassy.
This new system provides the convenience of being in both English and Spanish. Those interested can do the following:
- Choose a date with a time according to the convenience of the applicant, for the non-immigrant appointment. This is done through a predetermined calendar.
- Cancel appointments and schedule them for a non-immigrant visa.
- Organize the delivery of the passport and visa in the different offices that are authorized. Likewise, they are located in nine cities, for the convenience of Colombian citizens and the withdrawal is made at no cost.
- Passports can be delivered to the address that the applicant has indicated, this for a fee that will be in charge of the applicant.
- You can pay with your credit card through the web portal. Or if you prefer, the payment can be made in cash.
- The document is delivered days in advance, allowing the day of the interview at the Embassy to be much shorter.
This method has facilitated the visa application process to travel to the United States.
Requirements for the Tourist Visa
The type of Tourist Visa is called B2 visa. This Visa is intended for the applicant to carry out leisure activities, entertainment, visiting relatives, among others.
The Requirements for the B2 Tourist Visa for the United States are:
- Complete the DS-160 form.
- Access: website to fill out the form.
- Make the payment for each request.
- Plan the appointment in the website.
- Comply with the appointment for the visa application and deliver the requested documents.
- If the Visa is approved, then the Visa and the passport will be sent by authorized courier according to the location. The passport with the approved visa can be withdrawn between 7 to 10 business days after the appointment.
- Have a valid Colombian passport, with sufficient duration for the time you will remain in the United States.
- Deliver the identity card to those of legal age, if they are minors, present the Birth Certificate.
- Have on hand a Updated 5 × 5 cm photograph.
- You must demonstrate sufficient financial solvency to travel to the United States.
- Deliver the registration of hotels, lodgings or invitations if you plan to stay with family, friends or acquaintances when you are in the United States.
There are times when visa exemptions occur. Where the Department of Homeland Security grants a certificate authorizing the stay for up to 90 days.
Types of Visa to Travel to the United States from Colombia
The Embassy of the United States has a range of visa categories to be assigned depending on the particular case of each of the applicants.
E1 Merchant Visa and E2 Merchant Visa
This type of visa has a duration of 5 years, with possible renewal if the trade, investment or business continues and the interested parties continue to meet the requirements. The spouse, unmarried children under 21 years of age as dependents and companions of the titular applicant, can receive the E Visa.
Also, the spouse can apply to DHS for authorization to work. However, the children of the E Visa holder are not authorized to work in the United States.
Investor Visa B-1 and Investor Visa B-2
Investors will be able to examine alternatives to invest, contract, buy and establish businesses under the Visa Waiver Program. However, they cannot run a business as long as they fall under this category. For it, you must first obtain the E-2 visa.
Visas B-1, Visa A-3, Visa G-5
They are types of Visa intended for dependent workers who accompany their employer or employer on temporary visits to the United States. It can be a cook, gardener, service personnel, butler, nanny, nurse, escort, among others.
The Visa assigned in these cases will depend on the immigration category that your employer has.
If the employer has a B, E, H, I, J, L, M, O, P, Q, R visa, the visa for the worker will be a B-1 visa. In the case of having visa A, the visa for the worker will be A-3 visa. In case the employer has G visa, the visa for the worker will be G-5 visa.
This type of visa has a duration that is contingent the duration of the employer’s or employer’s visa. It cannot exceed the duration of the employer’s visa.
Visas B-, Visa A-1, A-2, Visa G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, Visa C-3
This type of visa is granted to diplomatic commissioners and government officials and officials of international organizations. For example, him World Bank and the Organization of American States, who travel to the United States on government, official, or transit missions.
Applicants for this type of visa do not require a personal interview, they only need to send the necessary documentation and a photocopy of the passport to the address of email. Specifying application for Diplomatic / official visa.
These visas are exempt from payment.
On the other hand, spouses and unmarried children can have the same type of visa as the main holder. For other family members, parents, uncles, cousins can receive any of the categories of diplomatic and official visa, as long as they meet some conditions such as:
- Relationship by consanguinity, marriage, adoption with the visa holder, or relationship by consanguinity, marriage, adoption with the spouse of the visa holder.
- If the relative is registered by the government or organization as an immediate relative of the main visa holder. Likewise, if the person already belongs to the family group or belongs to the family group of the main visa holder.
Transit visa, is aimed at Colombians who will be in transit at an airport in the United States prior to traveling to a third country. They must have a valid visa when boarding the flight.
The summons for the interview must be requested at the Consular Section of the Visa Information Service. They must present the travel route, with the final destination other than Colombia or the United States. Likewise, the visa of the third country of destination together with the tourist visa documentation.
You must make an appointment at the Visa Information Service. Also, fill out the I-20 form.
Visa for minors between 0 and 13 years old, Visa for people over 80 years old, Renewal of Visas B-1 and B-2 from 19 to 79 years old. These Cases are not required to have a personal interview or fingerprinting.
Time spent in the United States
Foreign tourists without a visa can stay 90 days, without any change or extension. The tourists with a B-2 visa, can do it for 180 days, but they must validate the I-94 form.
Students with F-1 visa and derivatives have 60 days after the end of the program. Students with M-1 visa and derivatives 30 days after finishing the study program. If you are a student through an exchange program J-1 and derivatives has 30 days after completion.
For H and derivative work visas, departure must be immediate, maximum 10 days after finishing the job.
Vaccinations needed to travel to the United States
One of the Requirements to travel to the United States from Colombia, are the vaccines required by the health authorities of this country.
If you travel as a tourist, no vaccination is required to enter the country. However, if yellow fever has not been eradicated in the country of origin, then you must have the yellow fever vaccine certificate.
For those who are waiting for an immigrant visa, the vaccinations that you must have before the issuance of the visa are:
Chickenpox, Tetanus-diphtheria, whooping cough, rotavirus, rubella, mumps, pneumococcus, polio, influenza, influenza type B, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, measles, meningitis. In some cases, depending on the places to visit, you must have the flu vaccine.
When performing the medical examination, it is important to provide proof that certifies that you have the vaccines.
How to Request Form DS-160?
Within the Requirements to travel to the United States from Colombia, we have the Form DS-160, that must be sent to make the application for the non-immigrant visa.
It must be filled out appropriately, with the exact information and taking care of the details.
It must be done online through the embassy’s web portal. All form responses must be in english. It is not advisable to post responses in Spanish, as this will cause the request to be rejected.
So, there is no other option but to pay close attention and care to this and each one of the details. To later not get a refusal for a simple carelessness.
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Colombia
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar