There are a number of Requirements to Work at Starbucks that you must follow if you want to join this family. We assure you that they are nothing to write home about, but they are very important. Together with these, we will explain the selection process, the interview, benefits, salaries, employment opportunities and MUCH MORE.
Starbucks is a very well-known coffee chain, founded in 1971, with a presence in more than 70 countries around the world. Currently, there are more than 20,000 stores, positioning this company as the largest in the world in the coffee area.
If you want to be part of one of these places and enjoy these advantages, this article is for you. Do not go! We will tell you everything you need to know to work in Starbucks Mexico.
What are the requirements to work at Starbucks?
Let’s see what the Requirements to Work at Starbucks, so that you do not lack anything. Remember: these are all very simple, so you shouldn’t have any problems.
- If you are a minor, you will need the authorization of your parents or guardian.
- Being a great company, many of the faces you will come across are from young people. However, don’t let this stop you. The age range is from 16 to 65 years old.
- High school diploma (secondary). This requirement is mandatory, and in the case of minors a proof of studies may be required.
- Keep in mind that depending on the position you aspire to, you will need more or less preparation and experience.
- Have motivation, a positive attitude and desire to work.
- Have availability of schedules. They will ask you what hours you could work and you have to be completely honest.
- To be responsible. This is a characteristic that you value in each job you are going to apply to and it is very, very important.
- Being a respectful, kind and dynamic person are qualities that this company looks for.
- If you’re social or have a background in customer service, that would be awesome.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Follow the Starbucks philosophy: mission and values.
- Have a desire to learn.
It is important to note that previous experience is not necessary to get a job at Starbucks, but if you have it, you must report it properly, especially if you aspire to higher positions, such as manager or supervisor. The important thing is that you feel comfortable throughout this process and that you are honest.
Another very important piece of information is that Starbucks gives a job at the age of 16, it is certainly very good to find a first job.
The selection process it is even simpler. Starbucks wants its employees and potential workers to have easier techniques to reach them, so you can self-apply very easily. You should only:
- Enter the web portal. The request can be made from the website, linkedln or in person. To do it from the web portal you must enter here, where you must scroll down until you see the option of Apply here. Click there and proceed to fill in the requested fields, specifying country, postal code, what working hours you would have and what type of contract. Finally, click on Look for.
- See the list of available positions. All the positions available under the characteristics you specified will appear before you. Choose the one that suits your experience and skills: you just have to click on the name and you will see the description of the vacancy and the requirements, as well as the location of the premises.
- Apply online. Just above the position you chose is the option to Online application, which you must press. You must be registered, so register and then proceed to enter the system with your username and password. Next, you will have to fill in each of the sections, which are:
- Linkedln- CV, to see if you want to import your profile or do everything manually. In the second case, you must continue with the rest of the sections.
- Basic personal information.
- Education and certifications.
- Work experience.
- Electronic signature.
- Later you will see a summary of the information provided before clicking on Send.
- Affinity test. This could be required if no position is specified at the time of application, so that it can be analyzed which vacancy best suits your abilities.
- Group dynamics. Once they have analyzed your application, you should wait for them to call you to attend a group dynamic, to see how well you get along with the work group. Be yourself and you will see how you get it.
- Interview. Finally, if they consider that everything is in order, you will be called for an interview, to get to know yourself better and find out about your goals at Starbucks.
Much encouragement! If you pass the interview, you will be able to work and enjoy the advantages of being part of this company.
Interviews to Work at Starbucks
As we mentioned in the previous section, the last step is to go through a interview to get to know you better. In this they will ask you about their aspirations, objectives, what you can contribute as a person and as an employee, how you would react if a situation occurred in your work areas, and so on.
Basically they will want to know everything about you, in terms of personality and tastes. This can be done individually or in a group, perhaps skipping the group dynamics step. The important thing is that you go relaxed, confident and be yourself.
Remember that Starbucks seeks quality people, who contribute values to society and who have social skills. As a recommendation, read about the mission and values of the company, so that you know what they are about and if they match your personality.
Some of the values are:
- Create a welcoming, warm and entertaining environment, where customers can feel at ease.
- Do our best in our responsibilities, knowing that the way we work brings both positive and negative results.
- Be responsible in our duties and always bear in mind qualities of respect, transparency and dignity.
- Always go in search of professional and personal growth.
If you consider that they are related to your philosophy of life, do not hesitate to give yourself a chance and apply to work at Starbucks.
Employment Options to Work at Starbucks
Almost to finish, you may be wondering what are the employment options that Starbucks offers. These are:
- Barista: It is the most sought after, it is about the people who are in charge of making the different drinks on the menu. The barista is a specialist in the preparation of coffee.
- Supervisor: supports the manager’s work and is responsible for assigning shifts.
- Store manager: It bears the greatest responsibility, in terms of the operation of the business. He is in charge of the training and development of the baristas.
Do some need more experiences and skills than others? In reality, the task of each one is different and will depend on your ability to carry out the tasks of each one. There are also figures such as store manager, customer service executive, cleaning staff, etc.
Finally, let’s talk about wages. This will probably interest you a lot, since the financial benefits when looking for a job are always taken into account.
For 2020, the salary of a Starbucks barista is $ 4,000 on average, that of a supervisor of $ 8,000 on average and the manager an average of $ 10,000 pesos per month. In addition to these salaries, you can receive other Benefits:
- An unrivaled work experience.
- An important reference in your CV.
- Economic benefits: Sunday bonus, Christmas bonus, vouchers, 25% vacation bonus, IMSS.
- Longer vacations than those established by law.
- Performance bonuses.
- Fund and savings bank.
- Drinks Partner.
- Discounts on Starbucks and Alsea products.
- Scholarships: undergraduate and graduate degrees for English studies.
- Insurance, auto and life.
- You will meet people every day.
- It is an incredible opportunity to start your work life.
- You will work with people your age.
- Funeral assistance.
- You will learn responsibility and discipline.
- Excellent ratings on the Indeed page.
- There is no exclusion based on race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, nationality, or marital status.
What is it?
Starbucks is the largest coffee chain in the world, with incredible baristas working every day to offer customers an unbeatable experience. Its stores are already more than 20,000 around the world, with a presence in 70 countries in America, Europe, Asia and in Israel as the only country in the East.
It was founded 49 years ago and its popularity is well known. As a curiosity, depends on the NASDAQ-100 stock index, which collects data from the most relevant companies worldwide, and its headquarters are in Seattle, United States.
In Mexico, there are more than 650 establishments that operate under the same name, with more than 6,000 employees throughout the country. Without a doubt, an evidence of the success of this business.
It offers coffee, tea, personalized drinks, pastries and other products for public consumption. In general, it has Very good califications for its Mexican workers. Finally, now that you know what the Requirements to Work at Starbucks, what are you waiting for?
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar