The RUC History Certificate, It is a very important document which identifies and also individualizes taxpayers and natural or legal persons. All this for tax purposes.
For this reason, we dedicate this particular article to the explanation of: what is needed to obtain this certificate, the steps to follow for it, who can and where should request it, the legal bases, and we conclude with its definition.
What is Needed to Obtain the RUC History Certificate?
It is very common that, when requesting any type of certificate, agencies and institutions require a number of specific documents to start the process. Therefore, we will show what are the requirements to make the request.
It should be noted that there are certain requirements considered mandatory in order to start this application. Likewise, there are two specific ways necessary to start with this process, these are:
- Natural person:
- First, the identification card of the interested party.
- And, also, the voting certificate of the same.
- Legal person:
- In this case, the identification card of the legal representative must be presented.
- And, in turn, the voting certificate of the same.
- Natural person:
- First, you must have the respective passport.
- To this is added, the certificate of representation of the interested party.
- Legal person:
- In this case, the passport of the applicant’s legal representative must be presented.
- And, the certificate of presentation of the same
- The first requirement is the taxpayer identification number.
- And, the second and last, is the respective access code to online services.
Now, in addition to all the requirements mentioned above, three more are added. They are called and considered special requirements. And these are: the refugee card, online authorization letter and general or special power of attorney.
In addition, the Internal Revenue Service has a contact for citizen assistance. It has the purpose of answering common questions and informing applicants about this type of certificate.
Steps to Follow to Obtain the RUC History Certificate
After the explanation of the necessary requirements to start the application for this type of certificate, we continue with the steps that all interested parties must follow to obtain the certificate.
In the same way, we must emphasize that there are two ways to carry out the procedure of this certificate. They are: to do it through the face-to-face channel and to do it online. Pay attention:
- Steps to follow to complete the procedure in person:
- In the first place, the interested party must go personally to the service center of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Next, you must ask for a turn.
- Then, the applicant must attend the window for customer service.
- Subsequently, it must deliver and present each of the requirements and requested documents.
- And, finally, the interested party will receive a response.
- Steps to follow to complete the procedure online:
- In this method, the first thing to do is enter the official website of the Internal rents service.
- Then the applicant has to click on the option: SRI online.
- Also, you must add the identification number and the respective key.
- Now, select the option: Certificates.
- Later, click on the option: RUC History.
- Ready! At the end of each step, you will obtain the certificate of history from the RUC.
It is very important to note that following the step by step explained above will help you facilitate the process and obtain the certificate. So we always recommend complying with each step.
To finish with this point of the article, we must mention the cost of it. This is usually a frequent question among those who are interested in obtaining it. Well, this procedure is free.
Where to apply and who should do it?
It is very important to dedicate a part of the article to that particular aspect. Since, it is a fairly common question for all those Ecuadorian citizens who do not know who and where this certificate can be requested.
In the first place, this type of specific certificate is aimed at natural persons, whether Ecuadorian or foreign. As well as to legal persons, public or private.
On the other hand, we must emphasize that there are two ways to start the request for this procedure. And that they are: in person, by going to the respective service centers, and, through the Internet.
In this way, an office hours are established by the body that issues this certificate. This schedule begins at 08:00 in the morning and ends at 17:00 in the afternoon respectively.
Likewise, it should be noted that this fixed schedule is not complied with with the customer service centers located in the province of Galapagos. Therefore, the schedule that these meet begins at 07:30 am and ends at 16:30 pm.
In the same way, it is important to mention that there are different customer service centers throughout the national territory. As well as single windows for the Internal Revenue Service.
However, carrying out this procedure via the Internet turns out to be easy and practical. Therefore, you have the security and tranquility of doing it at any time of the day through the SRI website.
Finally, it is up to us to clarify that this particular certificate has a point in its favor. And it is that, to request and obtain the same, the interested party must not cancel any type of tariff. This means that this procedure is completely free.
Now, before starting with the legal bases of this certificate, we offer a brief definition of it. Therefore, a legal basis is a series of official documents whose purpose is to prevent both brands and participants from online promotional actions.
In this way, the legal bases of this type of specific certificate are contemplated in the Law of the Single Registry of Taxpayers. Only in article 14 of the same. Attentive to your indications:
Article 14: updating of information. People who are obliged to have the single Taxpayer Registry must inform the Internal Revenue Service within a total period of 30 days, the following events:
- Mainly, changes in terms of name or company name.
- Likewise, changes in both economic activity and domicile are included.
- To this is added the transfer of assets or rights to some title.
- Also, the cessation of activities.
- Increase or decrease of capital.
- Changes regarding the legal representative and the type of company.
- They include the establishment or elimination of branches, agencies, warehouses, among other types of businesses.
- Obtaining, extinction or elimination of benefits from the promotion laws.
- Finally, other modifications are added that are produced in relation to the data reflected in the registration application.
To conclude, we must mention that having this document is essential. This is because having it in your hands will allow you to carry out a large number of procedures.
The same, in relation to the tax field. An example of this type of procedure can be: the issuance of invoices. Or, it can also include filing tax returns online.
What is the RUC History Certificate?
We finish this article by offering a brief definition about this type of certificate. Well, it is nothing more than a document which is responsible for identifying and individualizing the respective taxpayers, individuals or legal entities for tax purposes.
In this way, the Single Taxpayer Registry represents an indispensable tool that allows the Internal Revenue Service to carry out, have and maintain an organized tax control.
On the other hand, the Single Registry of Taxpayers, which, as we have already mentioned, is individual and is not repeated. It is made up of thirteen digits, which vary in terms of the type of taxpayer requesting it.
Likewise, every natural person will have the respective Unique Taxpayer Registry number equal to their ID number. The only difference is that this number is going to be followed by 001.
Now, as for legal entities, the random number will depend on the province in which they are located. Therefore, this number is not just a sequence of numbers. Rather, it includes personal information.
In relation to the personal information of the taxpayer, we refer to: their telephone number, their email address, tax address, type of taxpayer and tax obligations.
In the same way, every natural or legal person is obliged to register with the RUC in the following cases. Mainly, if they start or carry out economic activities in the country permanently or occasionally.
In addition, this includes all those natural or legal persons that are owners or holders of goods or rights. Where, it is unnecessary to mention that they must pay the respective taxes in case of having them.
To end our writing, we invite you to help us share the information.
See you soon!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Ecuador
Related articles that may interest you