The Singleness Certificate allows you to prove your Civil Status when required. It is a very important document, and although some think that it is a very unnecessary and annoying procedure, it will serve you in a lot of procedures as it is an essential requirement.
That is why today we will be explaining to you how you can obtain it, either in Chile or from wherever you are, what documents you need to complete the process, what this certificate is for and much, much more. Do not go!
Requirements for the Certificate of Singleness
Let’s start with the Necessary Requirements to Obtain the Singleness Certificate, because without these you will not be able to complete the process. These may vary depending on whether the procedure is done in Chile or in another country, but the process is more or less similar, as you will see in the next section.
On the other hand, it is also necessary that you consider whether the procedure will be done online or from face-to-face way. Although this first route was not an option before, now it is, to the advantage of many. Of course, only for residents of the country who can carry out the process online.
But let’s stop talking, let’s see what you need to record!
I’m in the country
- Identification document. Both the original and the photocopy.
- In the case of Chilean citizens, the identity card will suffice. This must be in force, as an exclusive requirement.
- The foreign They must present the passport, along with the corresponding visa. If the latter is pending, then you must attach the receipt.
- Two (02) witnesses. They must be of legal age (> 18) and also cannot be relatives of the applicant for the certificate. They are there to attest that he is in fact single. They must be presented with the valid identity card and a photocopy.
- Finally, the applicant for the Certificate of Singleness must have, at least, 18 years of age to be able to carry out the procedure.
- You will only need your Unique Key, whose procedure we will explain in the next section, so that you do not miss anything. We recommend that you process it, as it will serve you in a number of online procedures, which translates into speed and convenience.
- Additionally, data of the two (02) witnesses. Full name, date of issue and expiration of the identity card, as well as the date of birth.
I’m on the outside
In this case, you will only be able to process the certificate semi-in-person, attaching:
- Identification document. You must scan this document, which must be current. It can be the identity card or the passport.
- If that’s the case, two (02) witnesses. You should also scan their identity documents or passport. If these can be foreigners or if they are necessary, it will be determined by the consulate. For example, for the Embassy in Germany, if they are required, while at the Wellington Consulate not.
- If that’s the case, application form. They ask for this in Wellington, New Zealand, although not in Germany. In the end, we recommend that you investigate at the Consulate itself to find out exactly what you need.
How to obtain the Certificate of Singleness?
As you know by now, the Obtaining the Certificate of Singleness It can be obtained in two ways: in person or online. Only in the case that it is carried out in a Consulate is it purely semi-face-to-face and following the parameters that it establishes, but we will see this later.
For now, what you should know is that each route has its own advantages and that it is up to you which one to use. Following, the Steps to Acquire Your Single Certificate.
I am in the country
- In this case, the first thing you should do is have the documents you will need and your two witnesses on hand. Remember that these cannot be related.
- Once you have everything together, go to the notary closest to your home or the one that is most comfortable for you, together with the witnesses. Sign in here to know some of them, depending on your location.
- Tell the person in charge of assisting you that you want obtain the Certificate of Singleness.
- When the time is right, proceed to extend the necessary documents. These, as you saw, correspond to the original and copy of everyone’s identity documents.
- Read, check and authorize the data contained in the Sworn declaration. You must sign when asked, the same for witnesses.
- Finally, you can get your certificate and make use of it when you require it.
This route is great for those who prefer procedures of this type, with the option of clarifying doubts immediately and in a more secure way. It is also ideal for those who are not very good with technology.
- First of all, you must have processed your Unique Key. Without it you will not be able to do the procedure on-line.
- Next, you must go to the web portal of the Civil registration. In this case, you just have to click on the link to go directly to the page.
- Press the option Online services that appears on the screen and then click on Certificates Online.
- Select the one you are looking for (Single).
- You will be directed to a new page, where you must enter your RUN and Unique Key. Then you must select a Civil Registry office to remove the document and fill out the form that will appear on the page.
- When you’re done, click Send.
- To finish, it only corresponds to you download and print the voucher.
- The page will tell you when you should approach the office you chose to withdraw your certificate. Generally, this occurs in five (05) business days.
Ideal to do it from the comfort of your home, office or from wherever you are. You need little knowledge of computer management and you can save time and effort.
How do I process the SRCeI Key?
- To begin, you must go to one of SRCeI offices (Service of civil registration and ID). You will only need your identity card (valid) to make the request
- Indicate the concept of your procedure (Request the Unique Key) and provide your personal data to the person in charge of assisting you.
- You will be given a code that you must enter on the page of Activation, along with your RUN.
- Then you just have to follow the instructions that appear on the screen to obtain the key. This last step is very easy and fast.
I’m on the outside
- In this case, you must enter the website of the Consulate / Embassy of Chile of the country you are in. Follow the steps indicated in the Consular Attention or Services section regarding the Certificate of Civil Status.
- You must send an email indicating that you want obtain the Certificate of Singleness. In addition, you will have to attach the digital ID card / passport of the witnesses, as well as your identity document.
- Once you do this, you will have to deposit the set value by authority and ask for an appointment.
- Finally, it is up to you to schedule an appointment or go on the day that you are told to do so when answering the email. That day you must go with the proof of payment, application, witnesses and relevant documents.
This procedure may vary from place to place. Sometimes it is not necessary to present witnesses, while in others the process is completely face-to-face. We try to guide you about the process, but the general recommendation is to approach the Consulate / Embassy of Chile and ask for instructions in this regard.
What is it for?
The Singleness Certificate It is a document that allows to accredit the Marital status. In other words, the holder who carries it is not married or linked by a de facto union. Likewise, it allows to show that if there was a marriage, the divorce was carried out successfully.
Accredit the marital status It can be very important to carry out various procedures, including requesting services or goods from the State. But to be more specific, we say that this document can be useful to:
- To get married. This is one of the requirements to be able to get married, either in the country or abroad.
- The same happens to process a common-law or common-law union.
- Receive benefits from the State.
- Access a certain position.
- Contract a specific service, such as a health policy.
And you? What do you need it for? Tell us about it!
What is the Certificate of Singleness?
The Singleness Certificate It allows proving that the owner is neither married nor in a common-law or common-law union before the Civil Registry. Evidence of this fact can be very important to acquire certain goods and services, as well as to carry out certain procedures that require it.
The people who are in another country They can obtain it either at the Consulate or, if it does not exist, at the corresponding Chilean Embassy. They should approach to obtain instructions, because in each place the procedure and requirements may vary a little.
For the foreigners and chileans, the procedure can be done in person or online. If it is in person, it is done in a notary’s office and if it is online in the Civil Registry system, although in the latter case you must first have the Unique Key.
The general requirements They are: having two witnesses, as well as the identity documents of both these and the applicant. In addition, they all have to be of legal age and the document can be the identity card or the passport.
We hope we have helped you learn more about this document.
Until next time!
Visit GESTIONALO.NET Chile
Artículos relacionados que te pueden interesar